Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some reviews of Pat Hill are pretty terrible.

Comment

• Really hope they build the trolley rail cars. Just install the tracks and good to go. Would be really nice if they are electric. One such car should carry the equivalent of 3 baht busfuls of passengers. Easier on my back and better ingress/egress. Saw them in Amsterdam. Slow and nice to ride. Get off at Terminal 21 shopping center and catch a scooter taxi to TJ's in Naklua. Never been there because nobody would tell me if their bus will take me there. Songtaeaws would still be good on Pattaya North, Middle, and South Roads and Bhukao Street. Glad they don't have them in Bangkok. I absolutely love being scared shitless by the innocent-looking scooter taxis. I have several GoPro movies of their daredevil driving. They love that I yell, laugh, and scream out of joy when they cross the centerline and drive into opposing traffic. I would never rent a motorcycle. Thailand is such a devilish place to be in. See ya there next 2021 winter.

Comment

• Looks like it might be time for another trip out to Buriram.
        The guy who built the race track and the football stadium puts on a big pot party.
        I wonder if Tony has been to this....

PAN BURIRAM - 420 CANNABIS FESTIVAL THAILAND HIGHLAND

maxresdefault.jpg weedfest1.jpg

Thailand to host World Ganja Festival 2020

Looks like the PM enjoys his weed, hanging out with Dr. Ganja.

800_51f3d45784867a2.jpg 1000x-1.jpg

Attached Files
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Oh those last few pics are hilarious...

Comment

• Phuket is getting allot of rain. Here's some pics Aum sent me of the afternoon...rainy season !
            Attached Files

Comment

• The rainy season is not great for the beach resorts. However in the country side it fills up the canals and rice paddies making everything green.

These are pictures from September in Buriram.

P1420552.JPG
              Attached Files
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Compared to January with no rain.
                If it wasn't for the palm trees and weird cows it could pass for Saskatchewan.

DSC00599.JPG

Attached Files
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Big contrast. The rains make everything green again

Comment

• Some news about our playground... not surprising but still sad. Read below. Article from PattayaNews

Home » Pattaya failing to recover from DAMAGING LOCKDOWN
                    Pattaya NewsPattaya failing to recover from DAMAGING LOCKDOWN

by Mark KellySeptember 21, 2020
                    Beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien remain quiet at weekends despite a heavy tourism promotion and the end of measures imposed to contain the coronavirus.

Only a very small number of beachgoers are seen swimming or gathering for meals on mats or beneath umbrellas these days.

Jet skis and banana boats are available for rent but there are almost no speedboats in the water.

The 6-month-long absence of foreign visitors because of travel bans has dealt major blow to the economy of Pattaya and Chon Buri province, but officials have been hoping to see many Thais indulging their pent-up desire to travel after being home-bound for so long.

And they were wrong, as they usually are, with most people choosing to give the city a miss this time round.

And who can blame them with the mayor’s infantile social rules being imposed in public places by over-zealous uniformed idiots wearing face-muzzles.

Pattaya City and the Tourism Authority of Thailand even staged a promotional campaign offering a 50% discount for hotel rooms booked via the Shopee app, which few responded to.

Sunitsa Sukkul, who rents umbrellas and sunbeds at Pattaya beach, said the number of visitors in the city is still very low, even though the government is using tax-payer money to pay for already well-off Thais to travel.

She speculated that many people from Bangkok might have opted to visit areas further from the capital.

Even in normal times, Ms Sunitsa said, Thai people tended to visit Bang Saen beach in Chon Buri as it was closer to the capital, while Pattaya beach used to be a popular venue for foreign tourists.

Pattaya city authorities had sealed off all beaches earlier in the year as part of their effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

The beaches were reopened on June 1, along with the popular offshore destination Koh Lan, in line with the decline in local coronavirus infections nationwide.

But Thais do not usually holiday in Pattaya, which is why the city will not recover until foreign tourists are welcomed back.

Many believe it is now too late for Pattaya to recover, while others remain hopeful that as soon as the borders re-open and the foreign cash comes back the good times will return.

Comment

• Pattaya is not only seen as a cty where farangs and other foreigners go. It's a city with a negative reputation. Thai people laugh at farangs going to Pattaya. They're not going to show as stupid as "those stupid farangs going to Pattaya".

Comment

• That's not even true, and that is very mean to many of us here.

Pattaya does have a reputation for it's red light districts but is not shunned by Thais at all.
                        Lots of foreigners and tourists of all kinds go to Pattaya, it just tends to be geared toward single gentlemen to and extent.
                        Sure some Thais speak badly of Pattaya but just offer to take them there and see what they say.

In fact Pattaya is a very popular location for Thai people from Bangkok and are to go for the weekend and for special events like Loy Kratong, Songkran and other events.

Thai people love to go to walking street and other attractions in Pattaya and Jomtien. The Thai bar on walking street is packed with Thai people all the time.
                        Discos are packed with Thai people. They also frequent the beaches and other towns in the Chonburi area.
                        In my experience most Thais jump at the chance to visit Pattaya and I see it all the time, In the shopping malls beaches and other places.

The Gay scene is probably bigger than anywhere in Thailand so gays and ladyboys from all over the country come here to meet like minded people for fun and profit. It is also the world capitol for ladyboy shows and pageants by a wide margin.

For many Thais, Pattaya is the Goose that laid the golden egg.
                        Some elites will say they are too good for Pattaya but that means nothing.
                        Thai people that laugh at people that go to Pattaya are just stuck up.

Pattaya has super cheap accommodations, restaurants and bars of every kind and endless things to do.
                        The beach is not the best quality but it is nice view with good infrastructure.

Pattaya will not recover without foreigners and tourists.
                        Thais stay in the cheaper hotels and they need foreigners to fill the expensive hotels.

Pattaya is a major city will more amenities than cities far bigger which is another reason many Thais choose to live there.
                        Thai people and families love Pattaya.

DSC01561.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• I am sorry but I heard how Thai people speak of Pattaya and farangs going to Pattaya. I have rarely seen such contempt for tourists visiting a country. This is all the more marked as the Thais in question are not all the most educated. Regarding other Thais, they know that Pätts is a sin city. Going to Pattaya means for them, go there and make money whatever the job will be : p4p for the youngest GGs and ladyboys and a job in bars, restaurant discos etc ... for the other ones. Zap bar is one of the places where they like to go to relax and spend a little bit of money.

Comment

• Oh i recognized Hom there...

I think the problem we are seeing right now, other than the obvious thing of restricted travel, is that the Thai government is subsidizing tourism travel to help boost the tourism economy, and the Thai people that can afford to travel are going to other more exotic locations with nice resorts on nicer beaches, I would suspect although I don't really know. I think there's a lot of people that aren't really taking advantage of the Thai scheme of discounted travel ( its been reported in Thai news that discount vouchers are in excess and unused for Thai people) because a lot of them are not earning a lot of money right now and or are uncertain of when tjis will improve. Also it seems that the ones who would travel (finacially) don't care to use discount vouchers.

Pattaya has allot to offer outside the red light genre but it is its bread and butter, as we can see.
                            The city has put all of its eggs in one basket; entertainment of all kinds.
                            At the end of the day, the stigma of Pattaya is in the eyes of the non believer in the virtues of the city's offerings. Some people (all races and types) may always chuckle about or have a negative opinion of Pattaya... many people outside of Thailand think its a sex party all the time in Thailand and are confused at the idea... that's obviously wrong and narrow minded.

We here generally go for the reason of LT or ST love, romance, and a good time, but we are also capable of other relationships and making friends outside of mongering. I look forward to a trip to the LOS for allot of reasons but mostly because i can relax and just be myself, feel accepted and enjoy meeting people. I like the culture and all the organized stuff confusion of what's going on all the time.

Opinions are like assholes and everybody has one.

Comment

• Originally posted by P&G View Post
                              I am sorry but I heard how Thai people speak of Pattaya and farangs going to Pattaya. I have rarely seen such contempt for tourists visiting a country. This is all the more marked as the Thais in question are not all the most educated. Regarding other Thais, they know that Pätts is a sin city. Going to Pattaya means for them, go there and make money whatever the job will be : p4p for the youngest GGs and ladyboys and a job in bars, restaurant discos etc ... for the other ones. Zap bar is one of the places where they like to go to relax and spend a little bit of money.
                              Yes that is the classic Thai elitism displayed by some Thai people that think they are better than others and born into money, usually from Bangkok. Pure discrimination.

The "Thais in question" are often from the countryside, sometimes less educated and usually darker skinned. So they didn't go to college and they are of colour and many are gay, so they are looked down on by the rich usually light skinned elites. Still they will take a free trip to Pattaya or take tourist money too, no matter what they say behind people;s backs. Being educated is not the norm in Thailand is not required to live life there at all. School is only required until 6th grade and that is all the education a majority of Thais have.

So how is Pattaya any different than anywhere like Las Vegas, it is not. People look down on it but it provides great fun and employment for many, so what? Young people go to the big city to make it and Pattaya is one of those places. Sex may be more prevalant there but girls and ladyboys are attracted to falangs and tourists in every city and location in Thailand. Most people that are not rich will take tourist money one way or another if they can, why not?

There is nothing in Pattaya that cannot be found in Bangkok or dozens of other Thai cities, maybe just more of it.
                              Pattaya is more of a place you can go and not be judged. If your people don't like Pattaya, then they won't tarnish it with their discrimination.
                              They can go to their fake micro-breweries and high class discos in Silom or wherever rich elites go.

The other thing about Thais is they don't hide sex and life from their kids
                              Just the fact they would call Pattaya sinful is telling. Every sex worker i have met in Thailand is a devout Buddhist.
                              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• deplorepats.jpg
                                14368790_867663746702037_6171718334422933962_n.jpg
                                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                                X