Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(blonde_havoc @ Oct. 03 2009,23:20) Here, here! As an average Chicago citizen, I was completely against it. I don't want it here. Chicago is equipped to handle it, but I really didn't want the headache of commotion and corruption. And you're definitely right about everything being over budget. Just look at Millennium Park!

What's really sad is the state of the new Olympic arenas in Greece from just a decade ago. Have you guys seen the recent pictures of these? It's pretty shocking just how crappy they are now.

Let's just say I'm quite glad it's in Rio.  
    As most Chicogoans are happy its going elsewhere. some are pretty pissed about going out first, but they should be used to it with the Cubs going out in the first round.

Them not getting the 2016 games saved Chicago from Chicago. Millineam Park is a perfect example, way over budget and 4 years behind schedule. The bean is cool and all, but the Millions that went into that? I think they paid the artist or designer 2 Million.

Athens is another example. Prices inflated for the games and never really came down. With that and going to Euro, the natives are still suffering. They can't afford to maintain those facilities. At least they discovered some pretty cool ruins when they built some of the infrastructure.

They say how the games leave such a tourist economic impact, but every games since 1992 Barcelona, the host city has seen numbers in decline.
    Attached Files

Comment

I work for a compnay that has HQ in Chicago. I fly thru OHare ALL THE TIME. I have talked with a fair few people who work in Chicago and the vast majority of them were against it. They are all to familar with the government corruption that is an epidemic in C®ook County. Good for Rio and Brazil....

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
      Be careful out there!

Comment

rio de janeiro, wonderful city.    
        Attached Files
        sex

Comment

There was a special on about RIO on TV today. It stated that 2/3rds of the middle class drive armored vehicles. Shoot outs betweeen gangs or gangs and police are a daily occurance, and folks have gotten so used to it that flying bullets dont even phase them anymore. They showed a shoot out in action and a city buss pulls up inbetween the cops and the gangsters, and people disembark and walk in various directions never even trying to take cover or dodge out of the line of sight of the shootout. There is numerous kidnappings and car jackings daily, and lots of rape as well.man this is sounding just like Chicago huh?

They stated that in many many years they have yet to get a handle on killings, drug activity, and other criminal acts and its highly doubtfull it would get cleaned up by the time the olympics are held. This could turn outy to be an interesting suspense filled Olympics in 2016

Comment

Working...
          X