X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Q.B. ever!

The main rule being that whoever is on the list must have won at least one super bowl, agreed? And of course we all know different era's had different rules and better/faster players, bigger sizes, etc ..... but greatness is still greatness.

Because of the SB ring rule Dan Marino, certainly one of the greatest ever, isn't up there.......neither is one of my all-time favorites, Dan Fouts and that 300-yards a game average of his for what seemed like a decade. Had  to leave off Phil Simms and Roger' the dodger' Staubach, and they both have rings; but the poll only allows 10 choices!

Starting it off with Bradshaw myself, a fucking gamer if there ever was one and with FOUR gaudy rings for his mantle.  

2nd choice ...... Johnny U!
    Attached Files
    Johnny Unitas
    0%
    Bart Starr
    0%
    Terry Bradshaw
    0%
    Joe Montana
    0%
    Steve Young
    0%
    Troy Aikman
    0%
    Brett Favre
    0%
    Peyton Manning
    0%
    Tom Brady
    0%
    My choice is not on this list
    0%
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

ELWAY in a run away!  How could he not be on the list?

Comment

I know, and I realized that AFTER I had made the list!!

maybe one of the mods can replace him for Bart Starr, please.....

Not sure about runaway, however.......but I'd agree, surely a top 5 guy; he was a great one.

Comment

I don't like or agree with your SB ring rule. Dan Marino is the best QB ever to play. Even Bill Walsh said that.

SB rings are won by an entire TEAM, not by one QB regardless of the talent surrounding him. FACT.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

JaiDee top five is probably correct and my runaway comment was said in haste.

Comment

(Lefty @ Oct. 31 2009,14:52) I don't like or agree with your SB ring rule. Dan Marino is the best QB ever to play. Even Bill Walsh said that.

SB rings are won by an entire TEAM, not by one QB regardless of the talent surrounding him. FACT.
            Sorry my left minded bro. But greatness is predicated on winning more then anything and Marino always fell short

Bradshaw, Starr, Brady, Montana,Elway, Young and Aikman all have showed their leadership abilities in winning championships evn if their talent level didn't match Marino's.

I agree Marino had amazing talent but he lacked the leadership required to win championships in College and in the pros.

Bradshaw was a horrible technique QB but his leadership was beyond compare. Same with Aikman although it didn't hurt for him to have Irvin and Emitt Smith not to mention a great D

There was never a greater on the field leade then Bart Starr, a shame he couldn't transfer that to coaching but he was a good GM

Namath pre-knee injury was another amazing talent but we he lost his "escapability" he fell apart.

If you insist on Marino you have to consider Jim Kelley and Fran Tarkenton. They at least led their teams to 4 Super Bowls even though they lost all 4

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
            ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Yups, gotta agree with Smuts here..... to be GREAT  you have to lead a team to a title at least once.....and trust me, I love Marino and used to enjoy his play, but he never won a title and that's a damn shame because it's a bad mark against an otherwise- perfect record.

Take Basketball for example....... everyone says Michael Jordan and he surely was the best individual player ever.....but Bill Russell won 9 titles, 2 college championship  titles, and an olympic medal; all in 13 years!!  Now THAT is a winner, and as center [and captain of most] of those teams he was the main cog who drove that engine.

Right, back to the topic at hand; my top 5 are

Bradshaw, Unitas, Elway, Montana .......and; toss-up to one of the new guys, Manning or Brady.

Comment

no Favre?
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

I voted for Terry, he called his own plays and had the strongest arm. He also was 4-0 in Super Bowls but then so was Lambert, Ham, Mean Joe and most of the D.

He had an undeserved repuation for being stupid. Hollywood Henderson was quoted as saying that Bradshaw couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and a.

Winning Super Bowls should count for something, that's why you play the game. However, luck, randomness, and refs play into who actually wins a game.

The Celtics were better off having Bill Russell than Wilt the Stilt but does that make Russell the greatest center or the guy you wanna have on your team to win championships? I kind of like Willis Reed though.

The biggest fallacy though is clutch hitting in baseball. And baseball players, even more than those in other sports, should not be judged by Series rings.

Comment

Reno Hightower...
                    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(JaiDee @ Nov. 01 2009,00:37)  Bradshaw, Unitas, Elway, Montana .......and; toss-up to one of the new guys, Manning or Brady.

Sorry but Manning shouldn't be in the same paragraph as Brady let alone the same sentence Unless you include pathetically corny tv commercials

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

I dunno Smuts, you know I am a big Brady fun but that Manning kid has been been pretty good over the years.

Brady coming on strong right now, got the rust off after losing last season to injury......I like my teams' chances down the stretch, although they have to worry about the Steelers and the Colts.....fuck the Broncos!!!!!!

Comment

3 people say their choice isn't here!!

I know the Left One was one of them with Danny Marino, but who the hell were the other 2 and who were their choices??

Trent Dilfer? Eric Hipple? Brady Quinn? Dog-abuser Mike Vick?

Comment

(JaiDee @ Nov. 01 2009,12:54) I dunno Smuts, you know I am a big Brady fun but that Manning kid has been been pretty good over the years.

Brady coming on strong right now, got the rust off after  losing last season to injury......I like my teams' chances down the stretch, although they have to worry about the Steelers and the Colts.....fuck the Broncos!!!!!!
                            3 rings to 1 and it won't get any closer

not w/o Dungy

Comment

Most of us have never seen Otto Graham play but he was the leader of the dominant team (imagine if they had Daphne) of his day, the Cleveland Browns.  This was years before someone invented the Dawg Pound.

Here's some guys list.

Joe Montana
                              Peyton Manning
                              Otto Graham
                              Brett Favre
                              Tom Brady
                              Johnny Unitas
                              John Elway
                              Terry Bradshaw
                              Dan Marino
                              Steve Young
                              Troy Aikman
                              Kurt Warner
                              Bart Starr
                              Jim Kelly
                              Roger Staubach
                              Fran Tarkenton
                              Donovan McNabb
                              Sid Luckman
                              Joe Theismann
                              Ken Stabler
                              Phil Simms
                              Steve McNair
                              Drew Brees
                              Bob Griese
                              Len Dawson
                              Boomer Esiason
                              Joe Namath
                              Drew Bledsoe
                              Rich Gannon
                              Ken Anderson
                              Dan Fouts
                              Jack Kemp
                              Warren Moon
                              Daryle Lamonica
                              Jim Plunkett
                              Brad Johnson
                              Mark Brunell
                              Norm Van Brocklin
                              Jeff Garcia
                              Roman Gabriel
                              Marc Bulger
                              Y.A. Tittle
                              Neil Lomax
                              Matt Hasselbeck
                              Jake Delhomme
                              Jake Plummer
                              Jim Everett
                              Kerry Collins
                              Trent Green
                              Randall Cunningham
                              The guy used the following formula:

So after a long process of deciding how to decide who the best quarterbacks of all time are, I have my final list.

I will give you a brief explanation of my formula.
                              The three basic stats:
                              1. Yards/Year
                              2. Touchdowns/Year
                              3. Interceptions/Year

The yards per year are divided by 100 and then each category is given one point each (Interceptions are given a negative value).

Completion percentage is divided by 10 and given a point.

Next is the accomplishments (ECT) score:
                              1. Superbowl wins
                              2. Superbowl losses
                              3. Championship game losses
                              4. MVPs
                              5. All-Pros

Superbowl wins=10pts
                              Superbowl losses=2.5pts
                              Championship appearances=1pt
                              MVPs=7pts
                              All-Pros=1.5pts

Next Category is winning:
                              1. Wins
                              2. Losses
                              3. Wins/Year

Wins are divided by 10 and given a point

Losses are multiplied by 0.7 and subtracted a point

Wins/Year=1pt

7 years experience minimum.

Comment

Working...
                              X