Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(blonde_havoc @ Oct. 26 2009,10:59) the worst player ever. Unless you're being tongue-in-cheek (though I don't think you are).
    Oh No WAY!! I am being 1000% serious.

I am talking about people with long careers, not hacks like Russell who will be out of the league in a few years.......favre has played 18 and has ONE super bowl title because at every crucial moment along the way [except that one season] he has thrown picks at inopportune times to lose games for his teams!!

I've been watching him do it for years, it's really really funny actually!! seeing him walk off the field with his head down is a standard now and it's so funny, he did it again yesterday and of course I had another laugh, how can you not???

My Patriots looked good yesterday, albeit against a horrible Bucs team; Brady is clicking once again and they are surely in the top 5 of the AFC.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(JaiDee @ Oct. 26 2009,18:43) My Patriots looked good yesterday...
      You're a Patriots fan. That explains everything. I won't bother trying to argue logic with you.

Comment

heh heh, not bad......

Unless my math is wrong, 3 super bowls since 2001 makes 'em the best team of this decade, no?

Comment

Not to mention the best QB in this league since Montana, Aikman, and Young

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Yups, along with Peyton Manning also.

Brady actually has a better winning percentage than all the guys you mentioned also; but I still say the best ever is Terry Bradshaw. A winner, plain and simple, and always played hard. As I was telling a friend last night, we are lucky in new england to finally have a winning team, we put up with losers from 1960 to 2000.

Favre sucks because he throw more picks than anyone, he has the all-time record for that; when a big game is on the line he will always throw a pick and lose the game. On the list of all time best QB's I'd say he doesn't even crack the top 10; he only has such gaudy numbers because he has played so long.

Comment

Hummmmm maybe another thread developing! Manning v Brady! As a pure QB I would take Manning, Peyton. I know he has won more Super Bowls but for me its Manning.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
              Be careful out there!

Comment

Really tough to compare quarterbacks by stats cause guys like Montana and Young played in a system where high percentage short passes were stressed.

Some interceptions are OK though. If you air it out on 3rd down an interception (without a return) is no worse than an incomplete pass since you'd have to punt on 4th down anyway.

It's always nice if a qb rises to the occasion in a big game. Phil Simms best game was the Giants first Parcels super bowl win, something like 22-25. Before anyopne jumps on me I'm not aying Phil was a great qb, but he got the job done.

Comment

It's also tough to compare QBs from different decades or eras, because the rules for pass interference keep getting more liberal. If Dan Marino would have been born 15 yrs later and in his prime under the current rules, he'd tear this league up.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Agree with Lefty about the first part sort of disagree about the second. Marino started in the early 80s and about that time the NFL liberalised the rules regarding pass defense. Marino benefited from that thru the years. you still need to have a good O line because you cannot throw accurate passes from your ass or if you ahve to try and see out of your earhole!!!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

The Aints are for real!!

Looked good against the Falcons tonight despite some shaky moments.

Brees is a great QB and he has a lot of talent around him, they are for sure the class of the league right now; but can they sustain it? they've been in 2 nail-biters recently but still look good overall.

NFC- Saints, Vikes and Philly - Dark horses; Cowboys and Falcons

I still say Romo is better than 1/2 the QB's in the league yet he still gets no credit.

Giants seem to be imploding - GOOD!!

AFC - Indy, Patriots and Steelers- dark horses; Ravens and Texans

bengals and broncos aren't for real and will end up going nowhere when the dust settles.

best thing about the NFL? Parity!!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Nov. 03 2009,09:49) Agree with Lefty about the first part sort of disagree about the second.  Marino started in the early 80s and about that time the NFL liberalised the rules regarding pass defense.  Marino benefited from that thru the years.  you still need to have a good O line because you cannot throw accurate passes from your ass or if you ahve to try and see out of your earhole!!!!
                        You are correct that the rules were liberalized in the 80s, but they were changed again too in the past few seasons to further limit what a Defensive player is allowed to do in pass coverage. Coincidentally, the first year under the current rules, Peyton had his best season for # of TD passes.
                        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                        X