Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your facts straight. Typical of Rush lovers I guess. Lopez isn't a minority owner, her husband Mark Anthony is. Also, it wasn't Venus who yelled at a lineswoman, it was Serena. I guess they all look alike to you anyway. Also, just to be correct, Serena said "I'm going to shove this ball down your fucking throat." She never said "I'm going to kill you." In the emotional world of sports, we can be very sure that things much worse have been said in the midst of heated competition. How many times do you think an Earl Weaver or Lou Piniella tirade included expletives and phrases of a similar or even more over the top manner? I suppose you think Weaver was just out there asking Ron Luciano where he'd like to go out to dinner to with him after the game.

The word "nigger" is used in a casual fashion in a lot of entertainment media. How many times did Vhing Rhames and Samuel L. Jackson use the word in Pulp Fiction? I guess you would be bothered then if either one of them were to become a minority owner.

However, nothing any of them have said, including the use of the word "nigger", is even remotely close to being as over the top, and beyond the pale of human decency as dozens of things spewed forth by your hero Rush. That you would earlier say you don't see anything wrong with him being a part owner, but then question, albeit incorrectly, JLo and Venus, is really rather sad.

Again, as for any comparison you think I made between Rush, Hitler, and Pol, is there a requirement that any 3 or more people have to be equally evil for me to despise them the same? There. Now run along and play.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Oct. 17 2009,21:43)  To open upanother can of worms Jennifer Lopez is a small minority owner in the Dolphins I think.  One of her newset songs featuers the word NIGGER quite prominently.  Venus Williams is also a small minority owner and she threatehed to kill a lineswomen at the US Open then tried to deny it!!  Loutish, thuggish behaviout to be sure.  I am bothered by the fact that someone involved (albeit in a small way) uses the word NIGGER in such a cavalier fashion.  I guess its OK since she is an "artist" and a 'minority"
      I'm not sure JLO is a part owner of the Fins. Possibly with Mark Anthony. I do know that Gloria Estefan and her husband are minority owners. But J'Lo isn't as high profile or divisive as Oxycotin Rush.

Besides BB you should be praising highly the NFL with their commisioner and ownership. Not only did the league ownership contribute almost 2-1 more for the GOP then the democrats but Goodell's conservatism makes dickless cheney look like Obama

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Serena/Venus who cares?? The point is the same. It seems to me the use of NIGGER doesnt bother you one bit as long as minorities, especially blacks, use it. You seem to think that Rush is a hero of mine. Hes not. If it makes you feel better, hey go with that misconception. YOU might want to get YOUR facts straight.

So i guess its right of me to think you hero worship those scumbags/shakedown artists/clowns/poverty pimps Jackson and Sharpton. Isnt that right?? You love those two guys do you??

As far as contributions go Smutts, who do you think the PLAYERS would contribute THEIR money to and vote for?? Not that I think its a stain or anything they can do what the fuck they want to with their money. Afterall, its America isnt it?? Or is it negative if you go one way and positive if you go the other?

Again, I do applaud Commisioner Goddells stance on trying to weed out thuggish, loutish behaviour of its players.

Again Lefty I dont understand your vitriol at all. What would you do take Rush off the air?? I know you hate Fox news what would you like to shut them down??

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AND CHILL OUT!!!

PS Your inference that I am a racist is truly offensive to me. You should be better than that. My original post #8 that prompted this blowback contained little vitriol and name calling. the only inflammatory thign is I called Jackson and Sharpton pieces of shit. vitriolic?? yes. Do I stand by it?? Yes........
        Be careful out there!

Comment

The NFL ownership structure is more akin to a co-op than a condo. Which is good, you don't want Osama Bin Laden owning a team.

The NFL doesn't want any more guys like Al Davis either. They want guys who play nice with each other.

Comment

You're right Smuttley...most of the owners are Republicans and conservatives. I am sure that they agree with Rush's viewpoints more often than not, however they would probably prefer that fact to be kept quiet. Rush would bring too much attention to the owners and their political ties and that's why they decided to keep him out of NFL ownership.

For the record, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are more racist than Rush Limbaugh. You can be sure those 2 would never get close to ownership either.

Comment

We all agree that a guy like Pol Pot is a scumbag so there's not much to talk about. You don't see anyone defending such evil so unless you personally know Cambodians who suffered, PP won't bring about the visceral response that comes from seeing Rush or Rev Al. Which I guess is what Lefty is saying.

Sharpton is very much like Rev Reginald Bacon in The Bonfire of the Vanities. I'm not sure if Bacon was modeled on Sharpton though as the book was written before the Tawana Brawley incident I think.

For you non-Americans or maybe even for non-New Yorkers, Tawana smeared feces on her self and said she was raped and violated by a policeman in the outer suburbs of New York. Sharpton championed her cause but eventually the cop was completely vindicated but they made his life a living hell.

Comment

Rush Limbaugh learns there is no room for him as a team owner in the NFL
                Mike Lupica

Sunday, October 18th 2009, 2:01 AM

Rush Limbaugh is always an advocate of a robust free-enterprise system, as it relates from health care to everything else. Only now he squeals because the same free-enterprise system rejects him as a possible owner of the St. Louis Rams football team.

You may have heard, Rush isn't taking this well at all, being told an exclusive private club of National Football League owners, along with Commissioner Roger Goodell, only want him as close to their sport as he is watching games with his NFL Sunday Ticket package.

So this must be a conspiracy. And an attack on conservatism, too, even though no one knew until now that comparing the behavior of the Chargers and Patriots one time to the Bloods and Crips was just another example of Rush being the acknowledged leader of the conservative movement in America.

President Obama is part of the conspiracy, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the head of the NFL Players Association, DeMaurice Smith, a hateful media, and whomever stole the strawberries on Capt. Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny."

Why? Because the league couldn't possibly be telling him they don't want him, that's why.

Except that is exactly what is happening. It's not conservatism they're rejecting.

It's him.

Rush gets banged out of Dave Checketts' ownership group-and what did Checketts suppose was going to happen when he asked Limbaugh to get on board with him?-and immediately started screaming about the "race hustlers" like Sharpton and Jackson doing him in. No. He did himself in, with his own body of work. And, let's face it, Limbaugh calling anybody else a race hustler is pretty wonderful. You'd say this was an example of the pot calling the kettle black but, well, you know.

Sharpton in particular is a champion race hustler. So is Limbaugh. What he said about Donovan McNabb one time was just one small lyric in a song he's been singing for years, all the way to song parodies about "Barack the Magic Negro." But that was all right, that's what he told us, he was just looking for some laughs and, besides, it was just something he read in a Los Angeles Times headline.

Limbaugh says that the media has only gone after him this way because it hates him. But he's not important enough to hate.

There Limbaugh was on the "The Today Show" earlier this week talking about how his critics are just shooting "BB's at a battleship." Then he starts taking fire from all directions at even the notion that he could be a part-owner of the Rams, and gets hysterical. You dish the way Limbaugh does, you have to be able to take it better than this.

This is what they're doing to the country, folks! This is what is happening on Wall Street! Now it's happened to me! Limbaugh is never funny when he tries to be. But this week he was as funny as he's ever been.

The best idea of all here was that this is America, he's got the money, why shouldn't he be able to buy a seat at the table? Right. Rush should try that with Augusta National, where he likes to remind us he's played golf plenty of times. He's got the money. He likes golf. He should just show up at the front gate with a check and tell them he's ready to join, and where's the first tee. See how that works out for him.

Back when Martha Burk tried to force Augusta National's hand and get the club to admit a woman member, Limbaugh praised Hootie Johnson, then the chairman of the club, for not "caving" in. Right. A private club deciding who-and what-it wanted. The NFL basically did the same thing to him. Only now, because it's him, it's a vast left-wing conspiracy and a secret plot from the NFLPA because of an upcoming collective bargaining agreement.

The race hustlers, the lefties, they're behind this. Sportswriters, too. Yeah, owners in sports always do exactly what we tell them in the sports section.

Rush Limbaugh thinks he can say anything he wants to about anybody, black or white, and never have to face any consequences. Only this week there were consequences. Imagine something like that happening to a big powerful guy like him.

The NFL treated him like he was Rodney Dangerfield trying to join the club in "Caddyshack."

Comment

(alan1chef @ Oct. 18 2009,01:45) For the record, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are more racist than Rush Limbaugh. You can be sure those 2 would never get close to ownership either.  
                  Sorry my rightwing bro........although I agree that Sharpton is a much a racist as Oxycotin Rush, Jesse Jackson has been a major advocate for civil rights since the MLK days and although some times he sticks his nose inplaces where it doesn't belong that doesn't equate to racist. Where he receives the reverse racist tag is when he supports african americans vehemently he gets labeled because he speaks his mind instead of sticking his tail between his legs and allowing racial abuses to go unanswered.

BB/Lefty you guys are two individuals I respect and like the most on this forum and I think both of you are over the top here. Bottom line BB Oxycotin Rush is a pathtic racist puke and doesn't deserve any sympathy. Unfortunately not everyone on the right views things objectively like you. There are far too many naive ignorant right wingers who buy into and believe the racist, hate mongering BS that the like of Oxycotin Rush, Ann Coultergeist, Sean the ignorant bitch Hannity spew.

But the comparisons of these pathetic individuals to some of the mst violent and disgusting individuals that you drawn them to Leftman is above and beyond.

Suffice it to say that as long as we have hate mongering individuals like the aforementioned with public forums available to incite the naive and ignorant we will always have out of control town hall meetings, violent protests, signs depicting the President as an infamous nazi etc. And yes I lump sharpton in aformentioned category.

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                  ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Oct. 18 2009,08:43) Lefty-your words:  "I despise him like Pol pot and Adolf Hitler"  The bottom line is you are comparing the two with Limbaugh.  My point is thats over the top and you lose me completely (and the argument IMHO) when you get so irrational.

Now its a good point that being an owner in the NFL is a privlege not a right just like playing in the NFL is.  I applaud the comisiioner and he attempt and trying to come down hard on loutish behaviour!!!  To open upanother can of worms Jennifer Lopez is a small minority owner in the Dolphins I think.  One of her newset songs featuers the word NIGGER quite prominently.  Venus Williams is also a small minority owner and she threatehed to kill a lineswomen at the US Open then tried to deny it!!  Loutish, thuggish behaviout to be sure.  I am bothered by the fact that someone involved (albeit in a small way) uses the word NIGGER in such a cavalier fashion.  I guess its OK since she is an "artist" and a 'minority"

Khun Lefty as a wise man once said, "What say you??"

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
                    Hang on. Let me get this straight...

So comparing Rush to Hitler or Pol Pot is "over the top" and "loses you" because it's so irrationally over-the-top, but comparing Jennifer Lopez and Serena/Venus Williams to RUSH is just find and dandy in your book, eh?

Yes, Rush's "sins" pale in comparison to those of Hitler or Pol Pot, but by that same logic, the "sins" of Lopez/Williams also pale in comparison to those of Limbaugh.

You can't have it both ways, you know. You can't make outrageous and ridiculuous comparisons that suit your purposes, and then criticize others for doing the same.

The notion that using the N-word in a song or "loutish" behavior ONE TIME at a tennis match somehow puts Williams and Lopez on the same level as Rush is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't like the use of the N-word, especially in pop-culture and music, because it's an example of "linguistic segregation" (where it's OK for one group to use it, but not another group to use it. Try that with drinking fountains and see how that works out for you). So based on that principle alone, I strongly disagree with the use of that word, even by blacks or even in jest. It's a word with a long, cruel history and no amount of "taking ownership for empowerment" by blacks is going to change that, because the minute I use that word, it's ugly history comes right back every time.

That said, the use of that word in pop music IS commonplace and therefore not seen as "racist" when used by people of color in a self-referential way. Again, I DISAGREE with that, but that's still the reality today.

So the notion that Lopez is being a racist on par with Limbaugh for using the N-word in ONE song is utterly ridiculous. That comparison is just as outrageous and misleading as comparing Limbaugh to Hitler. You cannot play reductionist and pretend like "it's all the same thing". It's not.

Limbaugh spews hatred and lies on a DAILY basis. This isn't left-wing hyperbole. It is a proveable FACT. Any half-decent attempt to fact-check Limbaugh's on-air statements reveals dozens of exaggerations, misleading statements, half-truths and out-right lies. He regularly targets minorities, gays, and illegal aliens, making them out to to be the scapegoats for just about every ill America is facing (while completely ignoring the role his own party played in America's current troubles).

You can TRY to make it out like there's some sort of "liberal bias" in the NFL voting, and you can TRY to make it out like Rush is some sort of poor, defenseless victim of that bias (while Lopez gets a free pass). HOWEVER, that's STUPID.

Sorry, but it is. The NFL, from owners to coaches to players, gives MOST of its campaign contributions to the REPUBLICAN PARTY. And why not? They're all millionaires, after all, of course they'd vote themselves some tax-breaks. Heck, even the fans are mostly Republican. Who else could afford those $100+ a seat Sunday afternoons on a weekly basis? So the idea that a staunchly Republican organization like the NFL is suddenly going to develop a "liberal bias" just to screw Limbaugh and further Obama's insidious grasp over every aspect of American life is both delusional and paranoid (not to mention completely WRONG).

The fact is, that even Republicans are starting to get turned off by Rush. They are waking up to the reality that their "base" is getting old and dying, while the Gen-Xers and Tweeners have finally matured into a voting block that can FINALLY out-vote those fucking narcissistic baby-boomers and their grouchy parents.

They are starting to realize that this new voting block is a lot more media saavy than the "dittoheads" of the past, and if a lying S.O.B like Rush gets on the air and discredits himself with paranoid fantasies, they are just going to fact-check him themselves (using Google, Media Matters, the BBC, or any of a dozen other outlets), and then the big fat fuck will be revealed as the mean-spirited racist hillbilly that he really is.

So again, the NFL has every right to distance itself from such a vile creature. He's done NOTHING to indicate that he wishes to reform his ways or repent for past misdeeds (how could the NFL enforce it's drug policy if they allowed an unrepentant drug addict to own a team?). So there's no good reason to allow that snake into their organization, and I applaud their common sense. Seems like even the REPUBLICANS in the NFL know a bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. Too bad the AM-Radio listening public can't see that as well.

Comment

Sorry Smuttley...Jesse Jackson in his younger days did champion worthwhile causes however he got fat and greedy and turned into an ambulance chaser...doing anything for some publicity. Unfortunately, I see that happening to way too many both on the right and on the left.

While I am certain I will get little agreement on this...having listened to Rush on the radio years ago, his politics then were much more well defined and true to the conservative cause. Then he started to get popular and the money flowed in...and he became less strident in his beliefs and more of an entertainer.

On the left...Tom Hayden is not even close to the radical he once was....it's unfortunate what money does to ones values.

Comment

Talking about Hitler, here's a billboard adverting a wax museum in Thailand.

The billboard is now covered up following complaints by some foreign embassies, I think both Germany and Israel.

Perhaps they'll use Khun Rush in the next billboard.
                        Attached Files

Comment

[quote=PigDogg,Oct. 18 2009,12:26]... you don't want Osama Bin Laden owning a team.
                          quote]

Interesting point. And just why not?  
                          Me at myself.com

Comment

[quote]
                            (Mister Ree @ Oct. 22 2009,01:35)
                            Originally posted by PigDogg,Oct. 18 2009,12:26
                            ... you don't want Osama Bin Laden owning a team.
                            quote]

Interesting point. And just why not?  
                            Because the cheerleaders wouldn't be showing any skin.

Comment

And you can't own a team from the grave.
                              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                              X