X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 14 Rugby 2010

Not sure how many Rugby followers are out there but the Super 14 Rugby competition kicked off last weekend.

There's been some new law changes regarding the ruck and they seem to favour the attacking team. I watched a couple of games last weekend and it appears to be a better spectacle as a result.

I'm a Reds fan but I'm not holding out much hope this year.

Therefore I'm picking one team from each country who I think will get to the semis. NZ has dominated this comp over the years so it will probably be one of their teams who wins it again.

SA: Stormers
    Aus: Brumbies
    NZ: Hurricanes.

Winner: Canes
    Attached Files
    dreaming about LOS again

Waratahs one of these years as we promise so much. Crusaders are always strong and just about to watch them in action against the Reds.

Go Oz

Comment

Hi Tomscam,

I also love rugby U and grew up in Bris-vegas playing it (tells you EVERYTHING you need to know). I support the Reds but by christ they make it difficult.
      In fact all Aussie rugby is difficult to support at the moment. Take the Tahs: When Ewan Mckenzie had the team they looked like winners... and nearly were. So they sack him. And they were at the time the most attacking and skillful team (OK besides the Crusaders.)
      It seems the game is run by persons who are the same as run investment banks: No idea of what the average Bruce wants.

As such I have switched to NRL becuase of the speed and brutality and the fact theat GENERALLY speaking a piece of shit Ref who wants centre-stage is less damaging to the flow of the game. (Another gripe I have with Union.)

I bemoan the state of Aussie Rugby. Soft Soft Soft. Remember Stan Pilleki? Mark Loane? Jesus even when Alan Poofter Jones was in charge they seemed harder than they are now.

Too sad.....
      f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(gazz469 @ Feb. 19 2010,18:18) Waratahs one of these years as we promise so much. Crusaders are always strong and just about to watch them in action against the Reds.

Go Oz  
        Just watched the Reds v Crusaders match tonight and (as a Reds supporter) I thought that it was a great game.

The almighty Crusaders got smashed 41-20.

Ewen McKenzie seems to have instilled new confidence in the Reds and they played a fantastic match.

Can only hope that the season gets better.

Also read tonight that English young-gun Danny Cipriani is going to play for the Melbourne Rebels next year. The poms will be hoping that Johnny Wilkinson doesn't get injured for the World Cup now because Martin Johnson has said Cipriani will make himself ineligible by playing in Oz.
        dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Nice win tomscan by your team. Love watching some of the young guns there and they should have had 2 wins up now.

The new interpretations of the rules are a big improvement for us armchair watchers

Comment

started to watch chiefs vs crusaders.switched off after 15mins.so many unforced errors by some of the best players around was too irritating
            benjy

Comment

Should have kept watching. I thought it was quite a good tussle.

The match played after was the Waratahs smashing the Transvaal Lions. The Tahs scored 11 tries. Hopefully some of supporters see this and start coming back to the game. There was only 16,000 at the SFS.
              dreaming about LOS again

Comment

I was 1 of the mob there to acknowledge Phil Waugh and the Tahs.

One game doesn't make a title contender but the signs are there for a big season for us

Comment

Well didn't the Tah's do well yesterday? Shame all the points came from (ok not all but the majority) Queenslanders born and bred such as Berrick Barnes and Drew Mitchell.

Rugby U definately needs a State of Origin!
                  f0xxee

Comment

Ok foxeee the Reds have done much better since you have our ex-coach

He's a NSW Randwick guy albiet from Melbourne originally

Enjoying watching those young Reds in recent games doing their stuff.

Cheers :

Comment

Hi Gazz,

IMHO if the Tah's had kept EMcK and had the team they have now they would be unbeatable. I remember being incredibly confused and totally frustrated with the NSWRU when they let the big guy go.
                      f0xxee

Comment

Ewen McKenzie has appeared to slot into the Reds coaching role very smoothly. I actually had my doubts about his appointment as he didn't have a lot of success in France and whilst he took NSW to the finals a number of times he never walked away with the silverware. I guess like all Queenslanders, I'd rather have a Queenslander coaching the team than someone from south of the border. But alas, hats off to Ewen, he has got the team moving in the right direction and they are pulling off some good wins against the competition's top sides.

Hopefully we can get a win against the Western Force tomorrow. This is the franchise the Reds have come to despise more than NSW (and that's saying something) due to their player raids on us back in 2005. BTW, the Force's two best players, Nathan Sharp and James O'Connor, are also Queenslanders. Just think of the team we'd have if none of these guys playing for the other states had never left!
                        dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Agree with you foxxee that they were too hasty letting the big guy go. Should have seen him last Sunday, near his old home wearing his Reds shirt with a big smile on his face after the last win.

On behalf of the Tahs let's trade Burgess for Genia

Cheers

Comment

unfortunately a win against the force is going to pretty easy for all teams this year . I was at the brumbies game first up and there isnt much imagination in the backline lets hope david hill can inspire something.anyway here is my top 4 for the season
                            1 Bulls
                            2 crusaders
                            3 chiefs
                            4 REDs the surprise
                            lets see you in the chatroom

Comment

falla33, you might be onto something there with your prediction about the Reds making the finals. They played very composed and slick rugby tonight to smash the Western Force.

Headline reads: "Rampant Reds thrash Western Force"
                              By Jim Morton22:21 AEST Sun Mar 14 2010

"Red-hot Queensland's long-awaited Super 14 resurgence hit top gear on Sunday night with a record 50-10 smashing of the Western Force.

Australia's form halves pairing of Will Genia and Quade Cooper fed off the powerful performance of their pack to guide the Reds to their biggest victory in 15 seasons of Super rugby."

For once the Reds potential is being fulfilled.
                              Attached Files
                              dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Working...
                              X