X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats ENGLAND

Congratulations to the English (well they live here!!) Cricket team on winning the world 20/20

(To the Americans - world means more than one nation )

And to the Aussies - First the Ashes - now a thumping in 20/20

Way to go!!!

seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Now go throw a shrimp on the barbie KL

Aussie's

SW„¢
      http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

Listened to it on 5Live and saw the texts roll in on the web site.

Man, those Aussies HATE to lose to the Poms!
        SHEMALE.CENTER
        World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Congrats to the Poms for finally winning a major limited-overs tournament. This was your first?
          dreaming about LOS again

Comment

First or not, we still whipped your arses...

Comment

Will the Queen be handing out Knight hoods to the entire team now that you guys won? Including the two ring-ins you got who won the game for you?

Jokes aside, it's great for the game that England won.
              dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Man, those Aussies HATE to lose to the Poms!
                Almost as much as some HATE seeing Chelsea win

Is this the tide turning for English cricket, or just a minor surface ripple like a fart in the bath ? Only time will tell  

Any win for England is a sweet victory. Congratulations    
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

As I wrote after the Ashes loss to England, some Aussies are not unhappy when our much lauded cricket team goes down.

Rather than being seen to be unpatriotic, those of us who are horrified by the rampant displays of nationalism that have reared their ugly head in recent years & fueled by our international sporting success, see these losses to the old foe England as acting like a bucket of cold water over the aspirations of these young Aussie Nationalists.

I love a good game, win, lose or draw, but I hate the way victory is interpreted as symbolic of our sporting divinity.

Actual conversation:

Me:  Mate, did you hear who won the cricket?

Mate: Oh no, don't tell me...

Me: Naah, England won!

Mate: Thank fuck for that!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi        
                  Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

2-0 now in the One days

A win in the Rugby

And Aussie out of the world cup

Its all going a bit tits up!!

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts

Comment

(guydesavoy @ May 17 2010,09:48) [

Is this the tide turning for English cricket, or just a minor surface ripple like a fart in the bath ? Only time will tell  
                        yes yes yes... Well played England enjoy your victory which was well deserved.

And Guy? tick the box for option 2 regarding underwater flatulence.
                        f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(guydesavoy @ Jun. 25 2010,15:35) Enjoy it while it lasts
                          We are!  
                          TT

Comment

Ah... the only thing worse thana sore loser is a bad winner...

Since I ahve congratulated you on the dubious glamour of lifting a 20/20 competition, allow me to cut and paste from another thread to remind those back in that cute little Island nation what sporting success looks like:

OLYMPICS:

2008: You ended up 2 places higher on the Olympic tally board than us:
                            4th place to our 6th. (GB 47 total medals, Aus 46)

2004: Australia finished in 4th place (49 medals) , GB in 9th place with 31

2000: Australia fininshed in 4th place (58 medals) GB in 10th with 28

1996: (oh too good!) Australia finished in 7th place (41 medals) GB in 36th place with 15 medals.

1992: Australia finished in 10th place (27medals) GB in 13th place with 20

1988: yes you beat us, 10th place to 15th....

So it took 20 years... and NOTE: Great Britain includes
                            Wales
                            Scotland
                            Nth Ireland
                            and England... so you had a little help there Big Guy....

RUGBY: Rugby World Cup

PLAYED SINCE 1987:
                            Australia has won 2 (1991,1999)
                            England has won 1 (2003)

Oh, and we hammered you in rugby last night too: 27-17.

RUGBY LEAGUE:
                            If you are from the north of england you might care: other wise not:
                            played since 1954 (I was surprised too)

England has won 3( 1954, 1960 and 1972)
                            Australia has won 9 (Basically all the rest except 2008)

CRICKET:
                            The Ashes:
                            Since 1897

Australia has won or held the Ashes 34 times
                            England has won or held the Ashes 19 times (Yes you currently hold them. Don't get too attached however.)

TENNIS:
                            Last English World number 1:
                            (this was the toughest reserch done this month)
                            Fred Perry in 1936-37.

In the same period Australia Produced the following world number 1 tennis players:

Ken Rosewall 1960, 61, 62, 63
                            Rod Laver 1964,65,66,67,68,69
                            1970: a great year Rosewall, Laver and new boy Newcombe equal no 1's.
                            1971, John Newcombe
                            Leyton Hewitt: 2001, 02

Oh yes... Soccer. Sorry, Football. yeah you got us there. You got one world cup
                            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

I think the tide has turned for England (flatulence notwithstanding ).. The next one dayer should be a good one

A strong England cricket team is something we've waited too long for.
                              This will make the Ashes a real corker

Comment

Working...
                              X