X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best heavyweight ever?

For my money, no one could ever touch Muhammad Ali ..... The Greatest then and now.

Tyson, Norton, Holyfield, etc......all pretenders.  I'd say George Foreman [in his prime, not the burger-selling guy] and Joe Frazier were the only guys who could come close to hanging with The Champ, maybe Joe Louis also but I never saw him, have only heard the stories; Muhammad  was far and away the best of this modern era and used his brains as well as his unbelievable conditioning regimen to beat all comers.

Of course none of us would know for sure, but from my reading I would say Jack Johnson from the turn of the century, the first black heavyweaight of all time and one tough MFER, would be 2nd to Ali and could probably even could have  taken him; but  in the modern era I'd take Ali anytime.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

No argument from me JD, and although he was beaten a handful of times, it has to be Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Now I know a lot about boxing and have been around the businees almost my entire adult life. If anyone says Mike Tyson, it proves you dont know shit so lets get that straight.

Ali has to be up there. Joe louis was GREAT!! You also have to talk about Rocky Marciano. One of my fav movies is COMING TO AMERICA and that barbershop scene when they are talking about Joe Louis and Rocky is fucking hilarious. It was months after that someone told me that was Eddie Murphy!! I didnt know....
      Be careful out there!

Comment

BTW the best fighter I ever SAW-Roberto Duran @ 135 lbs-end of!!!! When he beat Leonard in their first fight it was @ 147 lbs and, even then, he was a shadow of himself at 135.
        Be careful out there!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ May 27 2010,20:05) Now I know a lot about boxing and have been around the businees almost my entire adult life.  If anyone says Mike Tyson, it proves you dont know shit so lets get that straight.

Ali has to be up there. Joe louis was GREAT!!  You also have to talk about Rocky Marciano.  One of my fav movies is COMING TO AMERICA and that barbershop scene when they are talking about Joe Louis and Rocky is fucking hilarious.  It was months after that someone told me that was Eddie Murphy!!  I didnt know....
          Eddie played 3 or 4 parts in that movie......even the old Jewish guy LOL

Arsenio played 2 or 3, he was the barber guy with the glasses.

So, is Joe or Muhammad or Rocky the greatest BB??

Comment

(BlueBallz @ May 27 2010,20:05) If anyone says Mike Tyson, it proves you dont know shit so lets get that straight...
            Mike Tyson
            SHEMALE.CENTER
            World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

proving his piont, BS??

I saw Tyson LOSE to Buster Douglas live on HBO, couldn't believe it .......

Comment

I once saw Tyson bite someone's ear off...in a supermarket !

Now that's heavy
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

That is probably the best heavyweight fight I have ever seen in my life.
                  SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

This is mine
                    Attached Files
                    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Did you see Tyson/Douglas fight live also BS?? Or did you mean the bitten ear deal?

I thought I was the only one...... it came on at a really odd hour because it was in Tokyo and you had to have HBO to see it; they booked a 5-fight deal with  Iron Mike and 3 or 4 of them were to be against glass-jawed nobodies just as warm-ups, Douglas being one of them.

Watched it with my wife, she couldn't understand why I was so amazed..... I mean, how often do you see the "future of boxing'' and someone who was touted as being the future George Foreman go down to his knees at the hands of a total hack??

Comment

Joe Frazier... harshly dealt with by history. Ali labelled him an Uncle Tom and it stuck.
                        f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(JaiDee @ May 27 2010,22:47) Did you see Tyson/Douglas fight live also BS??  Or did you mean the bitten ear deal?
                          Nope... The Buster Douglas deal. It was easily the most exciting fight I had ever seen. I couldn't believe that Tyson was actually going to get beaten by this guy. Actually - I don't think Buster could believe it himself...

I'd never seen Tyson hit the deck before. I still thought Mike'd kick his ass when he got up, but he didn't...

Holyfield is a cunt. Who gives a fuck what he ever did in or out of the ring.
                          SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ May 27 2010,23:43) It was easily the most exciting fight I had ever seen. I couldn't believe that Tyson was actually going to get beaten by this guy. Actually - I don't think Buster could believe it himself...

I'd never seen Tyson hit the deck before. I still thought Mike'd kick his ass when he got up, but he didn't...
                            hahaha, I agree..... my buddy came over the next day and we were chatting, he was a big Tyson fan but didn't see the fight 'cause he didn't have HBO and pay-per-view had no rights to show it ......I was describing it to him and told him how Buster kicked his ass, etc, etc.....on and on for about 10 minutes. Finally my buddy realized what I was actually telling him [after 10 mins!] and says "you mean Tyson actually LOST??'' as if I had just told him the president had been shot or some shit, it was funny as hell.

no one could believe it, as you say least of all Buster!! that hack from columbus, ohio promptly put on about 35 pounds, blew all his cash on crack and hookers and ended up just like we all thought he would LOL, a one-hit wonder. We were lucky to see that fight man, not a lot of people did; could be the greatest upset in heavyweight history!

Comment

(f0xxee @ May 27 2010,23:37) Joe Frazier... harshly dealt with by history. Ali labelled him an Uncle Tom and it stuck.
                              Agree 100% about being stuck with that label and not getting his proper place in history [I would rank him 2nd or 3rd behind Ali and Foreman in his prime].....did you ever see that documentary where he is now living in some shithole gym in south Philly and getting by on like 200 bucks a week? It was sad as hell......and he took some pot shots at Ali also, saying ''maybe I am poor, but that guy has that desease to live with and it's  all bad karma for calling me an Uncle Tom'', etc, etc......overall a very sad documentary but well worth watching.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en....02.html

He hung on for 14 rounds in Manila.....and as that docu shows, the Champ was ready to quit and told his corner that at the end of round 14......but Joe's corner threw in the towel first and he lost literally by a few seconds. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X