X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major gripes about Association Football

A lot of us love the game but we all have a few gripes. I'm curious what yours are to make the game better.

Here are mine.

1. Eliminate draws and extra time. If the game is still tied after 90 minutes, go directly to a Penalty Shootout.
    2. Goal line Technology duh
    3. Illegal to make a backpass onto your own half once you cross into the attacking territory. (Something along the lines of what they experimented with that goalies cannot use their hands to handle a ball from a backpass). It would certainly put an end to the Italian style of play, pass the ball once an hour into attacking territory but if nothing to be had, pass it back to the back 4. This style of play which makes football unappealing.

So what would you change?

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Please Please Jake, dont try to change our beloved game    , its just fine the way it is    

I watched the Man United v the Allstars game last night with an American commentator  

Easy play for the goalkeeper?  No, its an easy "catch"

United are on the offence, No, United are "attacking"

United in the Red and White uniform   , No, its a Red and White "Kit"

It went on and on    

The only thing that needs to change is to have Goal Line technology IMHO  
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Hehe I agree, I can't stand John Harkes or an American Commentator. "Great ball from Zidane", And here I'm thinking, Its high and wide and a Terrible "Pass" rather than ball or Theirry Henry would be having a ball after having scored a goal.

I just love pk shootouts rather than extra time which more than often seems to be a snooze fest. I do love the game though. The 3rd point I suggested was more of a way to tolerate the Italian Football Style.  

And it just sounds so much better with a british commentator. Americans should stick to throwball commentary. Most of the time I'll mute the TV and just watch the game if I can't stand the commentator. I don't like those hideous "gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" calls either

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jul. 29 2010,23:17)  Please Please Jake, dont try to change our beloved game    , its just fine the way it is    

I watched the Man United v the Allstars game last night with an American commentator  

Easy play for the goalkeeper?  No, its an easy "catch"

United are on the offence, No, United are "attacking"

United in the Red and White uniform   , No, its a Red and White "Kit"

It went on and on    

The only thing that needs to change is to have Goal Line technology IMHO  
        Agreed Dave,Goal line technology has to come sooner or later.

I 'd also like to see time-wasting trips to the corner flag by the attacking team penalised,as they try and run the clock down.I think its against the spirit of the game.
        I would ban Players brandishing imaginary cards ,trying to get their opponents booked /sent off.
        I'd like to see standing only areas re-introduced to our stadia in the U.K. like they have in Germany.
        I'd like to see prices reduced for these areas substantially,and more tickets given over to under 16's.

Comment

Some 11 on 10 power plays would liven things up.

Comment

this is football if i have to explain to you the rules you would NOT understand
            i long to live in los  

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 29 2010,15:36) Some 11 on 10 power plays would liven things up.    
              That isn't going to happen except for red cards. This is football not hockey. Apples and Oranges.

Comment

Who needs penalties for power plays? Each team should have an 11 to 10 advantage for ten minutes a half.

Let's get some O into the game.

Purists will say how absurd this is of course.

I say there is nothing sacred about the rules and this goes for all sports.

Comment

Major gripes about Association Football?

Where do you start?
                  SHEMALE.CENTER
                  World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Get rid of that stupid offside rule...If the defenders aren't smart enough or capable enough to get back and defend their goal, fuck em...
                    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Amen.

Also - scrap the one point for a 'no score' draw. Why would you get a point if you aren't good enough to do ANY scoring!

If a player is on the ground for 5 seconds he should be off the field for 5 minutes EVERY TIME - NO EXCEPIONS! This would eliminate all the RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts!) faggots currently ruining the game.

Allow captains to call 60 second time outs - two each team per half.
                      SHEMALE.CENTER
                      World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

you sound like a yank more & more every day Some of the best games of football I have seen over Upton Park have been nil nil draws.
                        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

thats because you didn't lose for a change
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Only goal line technology needs to change IMO, i agree with DaveD.

If you had a poll worldwide i would put my house on it that the offiside rule would stay by a 99-1 margin. . I doubt if punters want to watch 4-4 games every week.

A 1-0 game is as good as a 4-1 game.( well almost)

Comment

I'd never vote for the offside rule to go-it would destroy football-Thats an integral part of the game.ive seen some great 0-0 games down the years,and some crap3-4-5 nil games-its called a football MATCH,2 evenly balanced teams against each other.
                              As for "power plays" dearie me....that would be the end of the beautiful game if they tried to "americanize" it!

Comment

Working...
                              X