Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats another thing that American commentator came out with the other night as United were attacking, he called it a "power play"

WTF

Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Timeouts? Seriously?

What would they ever do with a timeout, discuss who to grope away from the ball?

There are enough in game timeouts with the phantom injuries.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jul. 30 2010,12:10)  Thats another thing that American commentator came out with the other night as United were attacking, he called it a "power play"

WTF        

Every football game is a story. A story either gets better or worse or totally dies in the telling. The American commentators just don't have the vocabulary suited to putting words to watching the story unfold.

Its like a symphony that's unsynchronized and out of harmony.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 30 2010,03:14)  Who needs penalties for power plays?  Each team should have an 11 to 10 advantage for ten minutes a half.
          Stastically speaking, this is not necessarily an advantage. The team with ten men will reassess their strategy and move to a more defensive mode of play, making it harder for the opposition to break them down.
          If you look through premiership matches over the past few years, it is surprising how often the team down to ten men, actually performs better than when they had eleven!!
          As Dave Duke said, apart from goalline tecnology, which I think is a must, leave the game as it is.
          A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

Agree with all my footballing brothers on here - why the fuck should football change? It's been like this for over 130 years and seems to appeal to the world (well some of us) without making it a diluted pig's ear of a game. If you don't like it, don't bloody watch it.

I hate cricket but I'm not going to ask for changes to make it more appealing to me. I just don't watch the tedious pile of crap.

Shall the non-Americans like to give their opinions on how American Football or Rounders (sorry, baseball) can be improved?

Blue touch paper lit, I'm off to the bar

Comment

(Grinder @ Jul. 31 2010,14:42) Blue touch paper lit, I'm off to the bar    
              Grinder, great mate, Im off too

Comment

Players that get paid 150,000 euro's a week or more and can't even put a penalty shot on goal.

Comment

I think it's called being a human being. Why does the goalie who is paid the same not save it? Why does a basketball player not net every shot? Why does the world horse-shoe throwing champion not hook every shoe? Oh wait, he does...

Comment

Well its ok if the goalie saves it but to miss the goal entirely from 12 yards?

Comment

Goal line tech is all thats needed, prehaps video playback for the phantom injuries, but that could slow the game! Only goal line tech would benefit the game leave the rest as it is!

The english FA - They need to bring our youth through the system, if we are ever to have a team that can compete with the best countries.
                      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

post-match citings for the behaviour the officials miss
                        benjy

Comment

(benjy @ Aug. 03 2010,16:59) post-match citings for the behaviour the officials miss
                          WTF

Comment

Its getting stupid now. Post match citings, why even bother to kick off
                            Lets face it. The actual game rules aint gonner change in our lifetimes.

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Aug. 04 2010,04:22)
                              (benjy @ Aug. 03 2010,16:59) post-match citings for the behaviour the officials miss
                               WTF  
                              doesnt that mean having the FA rule on match incidents the referee misses?That already happens Benjy.

For example,players have been banned post-match after video of the match was examined,and an incident the ref missed, went unpunished.

Comment

You know 1 thing I wouldn't mind americanizing of the sport:

"Reviews of cards".

Many times a card is just shown because someone did a good acting job and in situations like the world cup, players miss games for someone selling an act? That's retarded. I can accept bad calls somehow by the ref but the players shouldn't be suspended for phantom fouls. Give them a reprieve if they deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X