Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be interesting - Calgary's back up QB Drew Tate isn't playing well yet - so if he continues playing below average, the Roughriders will have a good chance at winning this game.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Riders came close but Drew Tate drove out the clock and scored at the end of the game to win.
      It was close in the second half but not much scoring in the first.
      We really miss our quarterback.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yesterday was a tough loss, but there were a lot of positives to take away from that game. Sunseri has shown he can be effective and lead the team, and to be honest he was making some plays that Durant couldn't have because of their different styles.

I am a lot more optimistic after seeing that then I was before. After what Edmonton did to them on the ground I thought Cornish would run roughshod through them. The coaches put in a good game plan and the players executed well.

There are four more games for our our offence to gel and our new QB to get used to real game situations before the playoffs (which are almost guaranteed already) so things are looking okay. They play Edmonton twice more in Regina and if they win both those then second place and a home playoff game are in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by northernguy222 View Post
          Yesterday was a tough loss, but there were a lot of positives to take away from that game. Sunseri has shown he can be effective and lead the team, and to be honest he was making some plays that Durant couldn't have because of their different styles.

I am a lot more optimistic after seeing that then I was before. After what Edmonton did to them on the ground I thought Cornish would run roughshod through them. The coaches put in a good game plan and the players executed well.

There are four more games for our our offence to gel and our new QB to get used to real game situations before the playoffs (which are almost guaranteed already) so things are looking okay. They play Edmonton twice more in Regina and if they win both those then second place and a home playoff game are in the cards.
          AHA, they just signed Kerry Joseph out of Retirement!

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Good Lord...the guy was washed up 5 years ago. I second the

Comment

It looks like the Riders are looking for cheap insurance in case Durant can't make the playoffs, but it smacks of desperation because if Sunseri goes down, I have my doubts that Kerry could do the job since he hasn't played since his retirement.

The Stamps still look vulnerable as Tate still is not playing up to par, and if their no. 1 doesn't make it back in time for the playoffs, the choke label may become permanent.

Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread

Comment

Canadian Football it is better than Ping Pong, Tennis, Badminton and Soccer.
                TEXASMAC

Comment

Originally posted by TEXASMAC View Post
                  Canadian Football it is better than Ping Pong, Tennis, Badminton and Soccer.
                  and lacrosse.
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Getting to the last few games of the season, Saskatchewan is missing Durant greatly and has lost most of their games since he's been out. The good news was that he was throwing balls in practice recently - with the hope he'll be back in time for playoffs. The bad part is that their defense has been also affected by injuries, and haven't been playing well either.

Calgary has wrapped up first place in the West - but it remains to be seen if they will choke in the playoffs again.

Surprisingly (or not), Montreal has been on a win streak and made their way up to 0.500 to claim first place in the East.

This will make for a very interesting play off season.

Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread

Comment

I agree rx, the East is looking interesting with all the teams playing better than the start of the year.

As for the Riders and the QB situation...Joseph has shown glimpses of great play (just as Sunseri did though), but I am surprised at how accurate Joseph has been. If he can get to game shape by playoffs all may not be lost. The bye week is coming at a good time...5 losses in a row, yuck!

Comment

Joseph has been named starting QB for the Western Semi-final against Edmonton - this definitely puts them at a disadvantage. Keep an eye on things - Calgary is looking good - both QBs are injury free and performing ok, with the only question mark being Jon Cornish who came down hard on his head then 2nd last game of the season. He's had 2 weeks to rest - so he might be ok for the Western final.

A few sports commentators are giving Montreal the edge against BC (who are in the Eastern semi-final due to the cross over rule).

This is shaping up to be an interesting playoff series!

Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread

Comment

Saskatchewan lost to Edmonton 10-18, in freezing conditions in Edmonton. That sets up a Calgary Edmonton final next week in Calgary - probably in cold weather as well.

Out east the BC Lions were crushed by Montreal Alouettes 17-50. This sets up the Eastern final next week with Montreal playing Hamilton at home.

It was obvious that the loss of Saskatchewan no. 1 QB, Durant did them in. They only won 1 game after he went out with an injured shoulder with 7 games left.

Edmonton's no. 1 QB, Reilly has also been out with a broken foot, but is expected to play against Calgary.

The big surprise was Montreal - they could be the dark horse of the playoffs.

Membership Levels
                          The Rookie Thread

Comment

A new season has begun, and once again Durant is injured, this time early in the season for Saskatchewan. The good news is they have Kevin Glenn in as the back up and he is a competent QB. The bad news is that the defense looks weak - but the season is still early.

The Eastern teams look good early, and if they continue, it could be a very interesting season! My favorite team - the Stamps didn't look good in their first 2 games. We'll have to see if they can improve quickly.

Membership Levels
                            The Rookie Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
                              A new season has begun, and once again Durant is injured, this time early in the season for Saskatchewan. The good news is they have Kevin Glenn in as the back up and he is a competent QB. The bad news is that the defense looks weak - but the season is still early.

The Eastern teams look good early, and if they continue, it could be a very interesting season! My favorite team - the Stamps didn't look good in their first 2 games. We'll have to see if they can improve quickly.

Saskatchewan is looking good even though they have no wins.
                              It is unfortunate that Durant had the Achilles injury which puts him out all year.

Kevin Glenn is a great replacement.
                              I believe he is actually third in wins of any active quarterback, I believe.
                              But Glenn is very under rated.

Also interesting is this survey that was done to determine the strongest sports brands in Canada.
                              Saskatchewan Roughriders ranked 3rd even ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors.
                              Insightrix is a full-service market research firm providing surveys, online voting, SMS survey & SMS marketing, insight communities, panel software, advertisement testing, brand strategy, millennial research.

Capture.jpg

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Things looking grim for Saskatchewan, now 0-5, and the backup quarterback Kevin Glenn is injured too. Hopefully he won't be out too long.

It looks like getting rid of former defensive coordinator, Richie Hall was a huge mistake as the defensive stats look miserable for Saskatchewan so far this year.

Meanwhile the Stamps are still looking mediocre and are suffering from key injuries as well. Jon Cornish is out with a broken finger and a couple of key offensive linemen are out as well.

What are the odds of the Rider coach surviving to next year if they don't make the playoffs?

Membership Levels
                                The Rookie Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X