Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should I go for my first LB experience?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(JaiDee @ Sep. 19 2009,10:36) You WILL be back in Thailand, guaranteed,

So when looking at airfares and airlines, the frequent flyer program is part of the calculus.

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions and advice, also the heads up on the "mofia" of thai airlines.

I read the forum regularly and try to take in as much info as i can, while I'm quite sure when i get there it'll be so much more than I'm expecting.

thanks again

Comment

it will be every thing and more... have a great 1st trip..... But do remember we will all be waiting for some kind of trip report.......... with a few photo's......

Comment

(up2nothing @ Sep. 20 2009,02:40) I read the forum regularly and try to take in as much info as i can, while I'm quite sure when i get there it'll be so much more than I'm expecting.
          yes, you are right about that!

and, as I said, guaranteed you will like it and will go back for sure, it's a fun place.

You haven't mentioned which month you will be going in, and for how long? that could help us help YOU a bit more. But for sure you are doing the proper thing by reading here and getting tips and advice, hell this board has years worth of columns like this one.

Remember also, don't pre-plan anything with a ladyboy you may have met on-line in a chat room or on webcam, etc.... BAD news every time, as you will feel obligated to spend all your time with her and will miss out on a lot of good stuff [and other ladyboys!]. Play the field, and don't even pre-plan too much; you will see that once you land everything falls into place, the infrastructure there is really set up well for the tourist and everywhere you will be going they all speak english 100%.

In summation; being from small-town Ohio {I come from small-town new england myself} I'd say that Pattaya may be a bit overwhelming, and of course Bangkok has 9 million people or so; maddening at times but for sure check it out for a few days. As mentioned before, 2-3 days in BKK and then a flight to Phuket, especially if you like the beach; stay a week in or around Patong beach, and then 2-3 days back in BKK before you fly off. You will *guarantee* have a few LB's on your list from Nana plaza who will be on your ''to-do'' list for when you go back, and it will be something to look forward to.

This is what I did in 1998 on my first trip to Thailand and it worked out rather well

If you want more info send me a PM anytime, and good luck
          Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

My plane is suppose to arrive at 1 pm on dec 24 so I should be at bpr
            around 3 to 3:30 pm (according to what i have read). An I'll be there until dec. 15 (late AM).

I didn't want to get to over excited in posting when i get there because it's still more than 2 months off.

I am doing my reading on here and I do plan to bring "decoy tooth brushes" (that one is for stogie)

As it stands right now, I have no plans, I figure I'll hit the ground, take it as it comes and see what happens, I have read a lot about too much "pre planning" and I do not want my time there to suck

Comment

Working...
            X