Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (SourD @ Jul. 01 2008,07:06)
    Is it SourD as in soured or like sawadee  
    If only I were so clever, NY Sour Diesel   a very nice smoke!

Many thanks for the welcomes etc. I've calmed down a bit now, though still slightly nervous. Anyone wishing to babysit a shaking wreck on the Wednesday however will be supplied with plenty beer.
    Ah, a fellow toker; I'm partial to Bubba Kush myself.
    Don't even ask about Thai stick here. I made that mistake and got flamed.
    Herb + Thialand= Bad. Although, I suspect that more than a few members here enjoy the weed.
    Welcome to the forum.
    "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
    Salin' on a summer breeze
    And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
    -Harry Nilsson

Comment

• Add another to the list
      Welcome Sour from a fellow newbie
      Enjoy ure trip

Comment

• Wellcome sourD

If it is the baioyke sky shit pit you are talking about, give it a wide berth.
        This is only my opinion having stayed there in 2005. The place markets itself on it's height that is all. The place is a nightmare not really convenient for sukhumvit or silom.
        It is crawling with arabs and indians, i felt out of place there! No problem with arabs or indians but you might feel like a minority.

SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANY ARABS OR INDIANS, IF SO GET A LIFE!

I stayed 42nd floor.I shared the room with a reasonably big bug of some discription. I was on one bed the bug on the other, kinda thing you expect in a khoa san road flophouse.
        The only thing going for it is the breakfast, while not world beating the selection was,well above average.

Plus; i got stung big time on a call to europe, previously i have phoned from hotel rooms, without a big bill.
        This bill nearly had me reaching for the health insurance. Sorry i can't tell you how much, but it was crazy money, even for europe.

A good choice close to the action,maybe a litttle more expensive would be the majestic grande soi 2 sukhumvit. I stayed there with the misses last year and would stay there again.

Good luck and haappy time.
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

• Sorry sourD forgot to add try asiarooms.com

I,ve never had a problem with these people...

Comment

• Strocube, I have absolutely NO intention of scoring a smoke in Thailand, I have a great phobia of squalid prisons in foreign countries! Was offered weed both times I was in Phuket and refused out of total fear!

Marshal, thanks for the "pull no punches" review of the Baiyoke. It really was the height that appealed to me, never even been in a building so tall, let alone stayed in one. But, having looked at some pics of their, frankly basic looking, rooms, and having read your review, I will probably stay elsewhere. Checking out asiarooms.com as I type.

Comment

• SourD they have a bar on one of the top floors, which you could probably use for a drink, floor 80 or something stupid.
              One of the things that didn't appeal to me also was the hotel lobby is quite a way up, soory can't remember what floor.

Comment

• Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the forum! 28 y/o guy from NZ here who will be travelling to all sorts of places in Asia for work this year and Im looking to mix it with a whole lot of pleasure.

From what Ive read so far this forum is the resource Ive always been looking for! so thank you to those of you who make it possible and keep it current!

Cheers

Comment

• Welcome!!
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

• Kiora & welcome Kiwi!

Comment

• hi there - kiwi guy also with a few trips to bkk but limited experience with lb - have tried a couple and have # of lb with ' big hardware' i'f you are interested
                      cheers pete
                      p

Comment

• welcome kiwi

Comment

• Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

• Lobby is on the 18th floor if I recall, car parking under that. Decided to sack that idea anyway, booked into the Majestic as it seems to be in an ideal location. I have an injured leg currently and can't walk terribly far, so a central location suits me well.

Cheers for the welcomes and the tips everyone.

Comment

• hi welcome from another kiwi
                              lets see you in the chatroom

Comment

• thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X