X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Manarak,

I went through exactly the same shit two days ago: wanted to download a Vehicle diagnostics program onto a new (reasonably cheap Toshiba Satellite for 20,000baht) laptop bought specifically to do engine work on my bikes. Bought it only because it had Windows 7 (starter) rather than the bloody 'orrible Vista time waster.
    Nothing was compatable with windows 7 starter. Neither the Vehicle Diagnostics program, nor the Ducati Data downloader would work with the starter pack. It also ran like shite (the 'pooter, not the bike). Another case of Microsoft frustrating you to the point where you upgrade?
    In the end I went out and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro and installed the 32bit platform and now it is excellent.
    PS: Made the mistake of loading the 64bit platform onto my desktop... again there are compatability issues with Adobe flash and java not working.
    f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

Yeah 7 Starter is for doing basic stuff... you need the Pro edition. I have a cracked 7 pro DVD if you need it

Comment

And 7 Home Premium works just fine on a netbook, too.
        SHEMALE.CENTER
        World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Yeah 7 Starter is for doing basic stuff... you need the Pro edition. I have a cracked 7 pro DVD if you need it
          thx, me too :-)
          Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x86 Integrated May 2010 German-Bie.rar

I just wanted to avoid the hassle of reinstalling a netbook without optical drive.
          A totally unnerving experience from what I heard...

Comment

Working...
          X