X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up my Samsung yesterday.

I was lucky to grab the last one. I really mean the last one, as it was the "demo" item - it was used in the shop as a sample phone.

And therefore I got some discount.

The phone is a nice piece of technology.
    And for the moment I am rather pleased with it.

The reviews had promised a brick, but in fact it is approximatively of the size of the iPhone, but twice as thick.
    But this Samsung is almost half the size of my previous phone.

This is my main complaint - the phone is too small.

I had wished the display to be bigger, as well as the keyboard.

I'm glad I didn't take a phone with a smaller keyboard, I can barely use the key on that one, which got rather bigger keys on 4 rows.
    But it is still a big change from my HTC9000 which boasts 6 rows of very large keys.

And the slider isn't really an improvement over my previous tilt & pivot screen on the HTC9000 (alternative names = HTC universal, JarJar, Qtek 9000).
    I wish they would make a smartphone of the size of the HTC9000 again.

Then I am trying to find a way to make the font smaller. Everything is written in font sizes adequate for almost blind users.
    I got big fingers, but I ain't blind.

Then the phone isn't loud enough.

And the message center interface takes time to get accustomed to.
    Here too, I'd like smaller fonts.

Sync with Outlook runs smooth with he software I downloaded from Samsung support.

One thing I'd like to have is a way to sync SMS with the PC, like for storage.

Good things are that the phone has only standard connectors (mini usd and classical 3.5 jack), the 400x800 display is brilliant.
    The camera does rather nice 5 MP pictures and has a light as well as a real shutter button. It shoots also rather nice vids.

Note to phone makers:
    Business phones can be made a bit bigger!

Put all that tech into the HTC9000, give it a 11cm x 6cm 1024x768 screen and add a small external display and an external keypad! use the extra space under the hood to fit a 2500 mAh battery in there!
    = killer phone for business!!

Comment

Here's as good as anywhere to put in this phone that surely someone on this forum would love to own.

OTECH F1 handset holds four SIM cards,
      enables you to live a quadruple life

http://www.engadget.com/2010....e-a-qua

By Darren Murph posted Oct 23rd 2010 7:36PM
      So look, you feel pretty special toting around that dual-SIM phone, right? Being able to switch numbers and carriers as you hop back and forth between Germany and Amsterdam is fairly nifty, but you've been considering a daily route around the Benelux. Of course, tri-SIM phones aren't impossible to find either, but should you ever wander into France, Switzerland or any other nation, you'll be forced to pop one of those out and insert another the old fashioned way. Well, unless you can score an OTECH F1. This here handset -- which can only be found in the wilds of Asia right now -- actually has room for four SIM cards, and it's also packing a full QWERTY keyboard, 2.4-inch touchscreen, support for mobile TV, an FM radio tuner, Bluetooth module and what appears to be a 12.1 megapixel camera. Unsurprisingly, a price on this bad boy is eluding us, but if you're an industrious jetsetter, we're confident you won't have any issues running one down. Whether or not you want to, however, is another matter entirely...
      Only Gizmos
      sourceGSM Arena
      http://blog.gsmarena.com/otech-f....ark-too

cellphone, f1, global, otech, otech f1, OtechF1, quad sim, QuadSim, sim, sim card, SimCard, strange, weird

Comment

I saw a great deal on these at Tukcom last time I was in there, hopefully it's still available. If not, Pantip probably has them but they were a little bit more expensive than Tukcom.
        Attached Files
        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Working...
        X