X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Files
    I'm a stranger in paradise... All lost in a wonderland. A stranger in paradise...

Comment

• Azza Pic 98 Great detail in that picture considering all things.

Bumblebee Pic104 Great picture of the Brook, and surrounding countryside in the other pictures

Comment

• (Bumblebee @ Oct. 18 2010,09:22) This weekend in the locality.
        Very nice shots here BB. Very nice indeed & all taken with your Panasonic DMC-ZS3. I am mightily impressed by the colours & detail. I wondered if you had used another camera but I should have remembered that these bridge cameras can produce beautiful JPEGS straight off.

Have you applied any post-production to these shots BB? The colours are almost surreal, just how I like them. If there's been no PP fiddling, then the Irish countryside is even more beautiful than I knew. Certainly not the brown dry scenery we get here in Oz. Not that our backyard isn't beautiful in another way...
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• (pacman @ Oct. 18 2010,20:01)
          (Bumblebee @ Oct. 18 2010,09:22) This weekend in the locality.
          Very nice shots here BB. Very nice indeed & all taken with your Panasonic DMC-ZS3. I am mightily impressed by the colours & detail. I wondered if you had used another camera but I should have remembered that these bridge cameras can produce beautiful JPEGS straight off.

Have you applied any post-production to these shots BB? The colours are almost surreal, just how I like them. If there's been no PP fiddling, then the Irish countryside is even more beautiful than I knew. Certainly not the brown dry scenery we get here in Oz. Not that our backyard isn't beautiful in another way...          
          Cheers Paccers. I applied a bit of extra contrast in Picasa as the photos on the PC were not as rich as they looked in reality and on the camera's monitor. The colours this time of year around my area are fantastic, such a range makes for some surreal shots indeed.
          I'm a stranger in paradise... All lost in a wonderland. A stranger in paradise...

Comment

• I only wish we could add a bit of contrast to our own lives being as it is we are both stuck in our native land. Reality sucks unfortunately...
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• (Bumblebee @ Oct. 17 2010,18:22) This weekend in the locality.
              Lots of green in the Emerald Isle!

Nice snaps BB!

Comment

• (pacman @ Oct. 18 2010,20:26)     I only wish we could add a bit of contrast to our own lives being as it is we are both stuck in our native land. Reality sucks unfortunately...      
                We just gotta adjust our mind sets and enjoy what we have around us at any given time.

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Oct. 18 2010,20:53)
                  (Bumblebee @ Oct. 17 2010,18:22) This weekend in the locality.
                  Lots of green in the Emerald Isle!      

Nice snaps BB!    
                  Cheers PD, lots of green along with an abundance of rustic just now, magnificent to see.

Comment

• (manarak @ Oct. 17 2010,17:27)
                    I couldn't resist this view
                    picture quality is ok, but the view ??
                    I wish gotten her face in the pic, she was a hottie.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• BB, I'm going to be in your (general) locality sometime in the next week or 2 due to a family member who is ready to to be the guest of honor at an Irish wake..... So I'm glad to see the sunshine in those pics, I know how the dampness can cut to the bone there sometimes.

Comment

• (El_hefe @ Oct. 19 2010,05:17) BB, I'm going to be in your (general) locality sometime in the next week or 2 due to a family member who is ready to to be the guest of honor at an Irish wake..... So I'm glad to see the sunshine in those pics, I know how the dampness can cut to the bone there sometimes.    
                        Well the good news is it has been quite a mild, dry autumn/fall so far. Didn't even need the heating today. Sorry to hear about the impending bad news.

Comment

• Hand held on 300 mm lens canon 550... not bad considering...
                          Attached Files

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

• Not that I'm a professional by any means or competing against you azza but the best I could do was a half moon one. On my full moon ones, I had bad CA and I also had to add some PP to lower the exposure by 3 just to not have it be so bright.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

•  Awesome detail & Clarity ... what setting did you use for this pic? And you are in a great location to catch those moon craters too.... sadly they arent presently except in the outer edge from my place

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

• I'm curious how much better your half moon will be. I'm betting at least a 100% improvement from your current.

And the only reason I found out was I was stubborn.. it has rained a lot here during the last month but whenever it was not, I went out and took moon shots.

Edit: Saw your question. I'm in New York City azza. I used an FZ35 max zoom. exposure -1. ISO 400. Aperture 7.1. Shutter Speed 1/250 I believe offhand.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Panasonic Lumix cameras. So much so, I recommended one to deepthroat. I mean the whole camera with the all in one superzoom lens can be had for $299 US and you've seen the images it produces - much cheaper than picking up a zoom lens for a dslr. But it does have 1 caveat - low light indoor pictures require a long exposure or a flash. There is no substitute for a dslr with a prime there.

Comment

Working...
                                X