Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best NETBOOK to use for my Trip Reports?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recently bought a cheap little Acer...Close to the same specs as the one you've listed except it has the newer processor...the N475...I'm not certain what that means...But the salesperson said it was important...

I bought it at Fry's...You might want to give them a look before you order one online...It was the same price...

What you won't like is the operating system...Windows 7 Starter is very very basic...Google Windows 7 Starter and you'll discover what I am referring to...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Good idea Kahuna. There's a Fry's right up the street, I'll check them out as well.

Don't think they have the 90 day return guarantee that Costco does though.

I'll probably just stick with the "stock" RAM on this, as the more I think about it, the more I realize I may end up deciding to return it after the TR is done.
      Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Try to get one with a matte screen rather than shiny reflective/glossy one. I find black Keys with white letters easier to see in low light rather than silver coloured keys.

Comment

DT if you're sure about the you will return it before the 30 day thing, I would take a closer look at how they deal with returns of netbooks. You don't want to get stuck with something you don't want. And really anything will do after it fits the return thing.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Working...
          X