Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(PigDogg @ Jun. 20 2008,07:40) Breaking news, Cuntinental just announced it's joining Star Alliance. Good news for guys who prefer to fly out of EWR.
    Just another reason to fly Star Alliance! With Thai and United as the major carriers, its hands down the best. I've always been able to use my miles to get on-board Thai Airways flights.

However, I think Sky Team, in particular Asiana and Delta are under-rated. Asiana consistently has lower priced tickets to BKK from most cities on the West Coast. In fact, many times its a few hundreds less than United and I think they actually fly better planes. Also, their schedules appear to be better planned as you don't leave at the butt crack of dawn.
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Before the thread had action again a few weeks ago this is what the data looked like:

2007 Data
      Skyteam 0, Star 27, One World 6, No Loyalty 6, Never use 1

As of Today...2008 Data
      Skyteam 0, Star 46, One World 7, No Loyalty 7, Never use 2
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Dunno why SkyTeam gets shafted. Delta has a lot of flights with codeshare partner China Airlines. I've taken them to BKK twice and they are often the cheapest option and the planes aren't bad at all. On par with United's metal on the SFO-BKK routes at least.
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Emirates is a big airline with a good rep....do they belong in any of these alliances?

Comment

Continental is in the Star Alliance as of October 2009 as a full member.

Regarding SkyTeam, Continental intends to end its participation in the SkyTeam Alliance after the last scheduled flight on Oct. 24, 2009.

Comment

I'll put in 2 satang for One World but mostly because it will make me a permanent elite (Gold) when I hit 1 million miles by any means, meaning credit cards etc... in a year or 2. Otherwise I wouldn't make it.

Really that will give me the ability to get right on the First Class line at the airport, not too much else, but it's something these days.

To get permanent access to the Business lounges I would need 2 million miles not likely at my age but... if I decide not to buy another house this next year or 2 I might just start aggressively churning credit cards to get there.

AA's not the best for NYC - BKK/MNL/CEB but Cathay is there, & JAL & BA.

Comment

Any new thoughts on the three big groups this year with the new airlines etc....?

Looks like Star is still the King by Miles

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 19 2008,01:51)  But to add that, there are some consolidator fares sold via travel agents where you will NOT earn mileage. These are usually the very cheap fares (that are fast disappearing) and in general only apply to domestic tickets, however, there may be cases where an international flight might have been exempted. If you're really paranoid I would just call the site or agent and see what booking class the ticket is and confirm you get the mileage. That said, it takes a lot of miles to earn a free trip. I think I have to fly to loss 4.5 times before I can get a freebie.  
                  To add to that, EVA's cheaper flights come with no air miles. So even though you may be booking direct & only fly EVA, thus collecting their air miles, if it's a cheep flight, then no air miles.

I always try to fly EVA, but at then end of the day, it's who's ever cheapest & I always try to fly direct, I hate going via the middle east !
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

I like emirates, only because they fly from airport 30 miles away from my home and ive been lucky to get free upgrades to Biz class a number of times now

SW „¢
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

Star Alliance for me for sure...

I always fly with Lufthansa from Europe and with Thai or SA around Asia. Ok, sometimes I fly with Cathay from HK if I have no other option but I'm not a OneWorld member.

I don't use my points for free tickets, only for business upgrades, I fly business all the time since 1995 and this way I can save some money...

Comment

Im back flying with Etihad again, cant fault them and great Flight times from Manchester to Bangkok and back  
                        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                        X