Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(brocklanders @ Mar. 11 2007,10:50) She can run the bar all she wants but without the revenue of a farang, the place closes within weeks....just speculation but Thais will be Thais.
    You could say the same thing about every single bar and restaurant in Bangkok or that charges more than 60 Baht for a beer!

So why do you publicly display your gf for so much?

BTW I do not see what Guess Bar has achieved.
    1 - Good advertising?

2 - Have you been there?

Comment

(brocklanders @ Mar. 11 2007,11:50) She can run the bar all she wants but without the revenue of a farang, the place closes within weeks....
      Dosen't appear to be ready to close it's doors anytime too soon to me...

Wandered in Friday evening around 9 or 10 pm and there were very few girls remaining...appeared most had been bfed already...And a few more hunters came by and were chatting (using that word loosely) with some of the remaining girls...

Fortunately for me (or unfortuantely for me) I had my own lady in tow...well she actually had me in tow...but that's another story for another time...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(brocklanders @ Mar. 11 2007,11:50) She can run the bar all she wants but without the revenue of a farang, the place closes within weeks....just speculation but Thais will be Thais.
        you crack me up mate. I guess thats why thousands of Thai business's thrive.You are generalising.
        Casanova as far as I know is Thai owned and I would kill to get a steak in that place.There are millions of Thai owned business's that wouldn't get a cent from farang investment. For a so called third World country capitlisim is alive and well in LOS and it thrives .

Comment

I think jay is very happy with how the bar is going - repeat custom is very high and lots of new faces coming in all the time so word is clearly spreading. I assume the girls themselves are very happy working there basically as nobody has left. Considering she opened a new bar in a quiet building, I think she has done very well and a lot of that custom (but certainly not all) has come from sites like this where I suspect the readers like to feel an affinity with a bar rather than just feeling they are walking into something they have no idea of who is who etc. Last night I was chatting with one guy who had just arrived and was able to guess who was who from their pictures. Certainly made him feel a lot more relaxed knowing who was who and winding up the girls, by telling them their names, before he had told them his.

Jay has worked very hard at building up the bar, not to mention actually decorating it herself. I have no problem with helping her in promoting the bar - although I am amazed at how much interest there has been from readers in wanting to keep up to date with whats happening. If that is called blatent self promotion of my GF, then so be it - I dont see it that way, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Finally, just to clarify again, Jay owns the bar and controls and dictates everything in it - I have no ownership in it whatsoever - perhaps thats one of the reasons why she politely declines invitations to the ST rooms, as maybe she does not need the money. She asks lots of guys about the bar and asks what they would like to see etc - however its her decision what she does. For example had it been my bar, I would have charged higher drink prices - personally I believe she should be on a parity with the other LB bars, however she does not agree and is happy with where the pricing is now. As she has only herself to please in terms of income (other than the salaries, rent etc) - its her call on pricing. I do know that she has made a profit each and every month she has been open otherwise she would not be out spending the profit in the various malls around Sukhumvit. I dont know the exact profit, but then again frankly I dont care - I have my own business interests that generate a far higher income than this bar - anything she makes she is welcome to keep as the due reward for what she has achieved.

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

Vangough, I wasnt talking about other business' in Thailand.....most of the bars in Nana Plaza are owned by locals. I was talking about the Guess Bar. In other words, if Mardhi decides to bail on Jay, I dont think she has the fiscal responsibility or savings to keep the bar going. Again, just speculation but ladyboys are not known for understanding money other than spending it.
            brock landers

Comment

I think mardhi downplays his role in this bar quite a lot. I also think that without a farang for guidance the bar would very quickly find itself struggling.

Comment

The Farang-Thai combination works well.

Can't really see a farang keeping the girls in line.

And a Thai is going to have a tough time promoting their bar on the internet to farangs.

I think a good business idea for those with some experience in the hospitality business is a small niche boutique guesthouse catering to ladyboy lovers.

Comment

Mardhi,

what is missing here is a photo of Jay's mother and father together with you... for everything else Mastercard

Diablo Le Grec

Comment

Working...
                  X