Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(pattayachris @ Nov. 16 2007,12:52) Can anyone recommend a good LB friendly hotel nearby?
    Have you read this thread at all  

Many hotels mentioned already.

Majestic Grande, Dynasty Grande, Nana all within a few minutes walk.

Then you have the Majestic Suites, Dynasty and Marriott about the same distance away.

Check out the Bangkok hotels thread for more.

Comment

Perfect, I'll have to give it a try and mosey on over from the Dynasty Grand. looking forward to it.

Comment

(Interested @ Nov. 14 2007,19:20) Where will the nearest ST rooms be?
        This is an important question!

Comment

(vito @ Nov. 17 2007,06:41)
          I asked Mardhi the same question the other day, and he explained that there are some luxury rooms available directly above the bar. Apparently they can be accessed discreetly via a rear entrance !

Pricing details still to be finalised with the management.

Cheers
          Koykaeng
          Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

(koykaeng @ Nov. 16 2007,17:21)
            (vito @ Nov. 17 2007,06:41)
            I asked Mardhi the same question the other day, and he explained that there are some luxury rooms available directly above the bar.  Apparently they can be accessed discreetly via a rear entrance !

Pricing details still to be finalised with the management.

Cheers
            Koykaeng
            "luxury rooms" at the rajah?
            might want to bring your own towels. and sheets. and tv. and...

but the convenient location and discreet entry/exit might be more to the point.
            though i think i'll stick to taking the two-minute stroll to the Grande.

Comment

(thaibound @ Nov. 17 2007,15:32) "luxury rooms" at the rajah?      
              might want to bring your own towels. and sheets. and tv. and...
              Hi Thaibound,

The rooms I'm referring to are directly above the bar and I believe they operate as a separate entity from the Rajah Hotel, which is a complete shitpit.

I know, I made the mistake of staying there once many years ago.  

However the rooms I refer to operate as "Rajah Mansion and are meant to be nicely decked out and new.

Cheers
              Koykaeng
              Attached Files
              Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

The rooms directly above the new Guess Bar are as good as almost any room in Bangkok - they are not up with the Four Seasons, Conrad etc but for sure, they beat every other ST room hands down, because they are not designed to be ST rooms. In addition to these, there are 3 other ST hotels within throwing distance of the bar for the guy who likes the lowdown & sleezy feel LOL.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

awaiting any info on price of these st rooms with secret entrance. cheers

Comment

(mardhi @ Nov. 16 2007,21:57) for the guy who likes the lowdown & sleezy feel LOL.
                    and slinking thru the shadows of dark alley ways so no strangers see them walking with a LB......heaven forbid what they'd think.........
                    ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(mardhi @ Nov. 17 2007,01:57) The rooms directly above the new Guess Bar are as good as almost any room in Bangkok - they are not up with the Four Seasons, Conrad etc but for sure, they beat every other ST room hands down, because they are not designed to be ST rooms.     In addition to these, there are 3 other ST hotels within throwing distance of the bar for the guy who likes the lowdown & sleezy feel LOL.

Cheers
                      Mardhi

can't overestimate the erotic power of some real sleaze, no doubt.

clean but nasty =
                      congratulations again on the new locale. looking forward to...

Comment

Can the new Guess Bar have wi-fi and open at about midday? I would personally spend more time and money in the place.

I like to use my computer until about 6pm, then it goes to sleep and I wake up properly.

Comment

Just an update - the painters have completed painting the bar and they are waiting on the team to come in and fit the wooden floor which is due later this week. The place looks like a bombs hit it at the moment but Jay feels confident it may well be open before the 1st December. Lets see what happens in next few days.

Cheers
                          mardhi

Comment

Just as an aside - I have been speaking with Jay a lot in the last few days and today she met the Chinese Thai owner of the Rajah hotel along with her son and daughter to sign the lease for the next year (not that its due yet, but once bitten, twice shy). She also advised me that the electricians are in and 50% finished (apparently he is knicking the chandelier for the new bar in next day or two) , the wooden floor is coming on Thursday this week and her intention is that everything will be totally finished by this weekend - I said to her your a week early though - the other bar does not close until end of November to which she replied, "maybe move earlier". she was also co-ordinating with the pool table company to come and move the pool table from old Guess into new Guess location. She is now fast asleep on the bed after getting up at 10am (yes thats early, very early for her) and going all day with the move stuff.

So guys, two points:-

1. You may notice things disappearing over the next few days as they get moved to the new bar.
                            2. If I am completely honest, I am amazed at how efficient she has been throughout this whole process - I have had very very little to do with this - my own business has been placing big demands on me over last couple of months - so my involvement tends to be the shoulder to cry on when it all gets too much, but seriously, having just been reading about the Big Mango bar and how they seem to be nowhere further forward in securing a new location, No other bar in Sukhumvit Plaza has found a place to go seemingly, yet she has found somewhere in a way better location, bought it, signed a new lease with the building owners AND will be ready to open with all licences in place and signs up in less than 4 weeks of being notified she was being kicked out, just seems to demonstrate - she is a smart cookie.

So moral of the story, is we just need her to sort out the music volume now and play some better tunes on the sound system

If any guys see her in next week or so, expect her to look very tired - looking at what she has achieved she must be totally whacked. Credit is also due to Gong and the team for keeping the original bar flowing as all this goes on - certainly an unsettling time for all of them.

Cheers
                            Mardhi

Comment

(TiaoLang @ Nov. 19 2007,14:07) Can the new Guess Bar have wi-fi and open at about midday? I would personally spend more time and money in the place.

I like to use my computer until about 6pm, then it goes to sleep and I wake up properly.
                              Wifi is on her list (as is a proper coffee machine.    

New bar opening hours are still under debate - a second bartender has been offered a job - they are still in debate as to how it will all work out timewise.   The biggest challenge is actually getting girls into the bar on time - its no problem for Gong, but girls are far harder to get in early.  

Unfortunately no matter how hard I kept pressing - she said no to the foot rail.    I think her exact comment was "foot rail - for what, stool have place for feet" - suggest you all add your voice when you see her in the bar.    It will happen, but she needs to believe people find it important.   Personally I dont view it as important, but feel free to voice your opinion.    

EDIT - actually I should keep that in context with how much money she has - at this moment in time, she has zero money to pay her staff salaries this month, so one can understand her reluctance at paying for a footrail over staff salaries.....

Cheers
                              mardhi

Comment

(as is a proper coffee machine  

Unfortunately no matter how hard I kept pressing - she said no to the foot rail. I think her exact comment was "foot rail - for what
                                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X