Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have stayed at View Talay 2. Over priced, under maintained and way too far to the baht buss after a few librations late at night. There are a hundred better places.

If you don't mind being a little away in a quite part of the World, try Cosy beach, ist road before you get to View Talay.
    Prices start at 5000 baht per month for 1 beds. Its anice quite place, plenty of cheap food and motor bikes are cheap.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Feb. 25 2008,02:15) Anyone ever stay at View Talay?  Rates seem reasonable enough.  

Are the various buildings different quality  or perhaps an unreasonable walk to the Pattaya-Jomtien baht bus?  

View Talay
      If you go to a place that is advertised as a holiday apartment, you are going to get...guess what.....a bunch of holidaymakers as your neighbours. Pissing it up until 4 am, then pissing in your pool probably.....and a different coachload every week. Lovely.

You want to find somewhere that is NOT rented to holidaymakers
      Mister Arse

Comment

That's a good point. Anything close to the beach is gonna be trashy and even the posh ones are gonna have rich trash inside 'em!

Stick to the nice new apartment blocks that satellite the Carre Foure and other large shopping centers where the regulars eat, sleep and shop! They can be just as nice without the drunkenness and yobbish behaviour.

A few weeks living in Pattaya close to the excitement is gonna make you regret leaving home!

Comment

LK Group seems popular. Mansion seems to be their low end place but looks pretty good. Anyone ever stay there?

LK Mansion

Comment

Internet access is easy to solve...I get stuck in Isaanville from time to time so I bought a P300U modem at Pantip (thank you for the tip Mardhi)...it uses a dedicated sim card from the carrier of your choice...I use 1 2 Call and it costs 250 bht for 50 hours a month (other plans are available)...You can get online in Thailand any place you can use a cell phone...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

How's the speed, Kahuna? Is it sluggish or pretty good?

I just gave my USB modem to someone and she's getting the same thing as you did - a dedicated simcard...

I didn't even know about it until a couple of days ago. I'd just been taking my sim out of my phone...

Comment

It's not very fast...it's just a dialup...but not much slower than dsl at DIG if that's any help...

Suprisingly it actually runs much faster in Yasothon than here in BKK or in Pattaya for some reason...

Donny used it the other day at Charlie's Kitchen to post some shit here and didn't have any problems...except for his fat fingers on the little keyboard...

There is one sim card that will not work on it but I don't recall the carrier...I was lucky for a change, the guy at the shop where I bought it spoke very good English and took me by the hand down to 12 Call and got me hooked up...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

It's probably Orange that won't work. My DTAC works fine - same as you, dial up speed.

I have noticed that using Firefox on the Asus EEE works a lot faster than IE (That's if you have Windows XP on yours.)

You may want to give FF a go if you haven't already.

Comment

Working...
                  X