Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....I'm curious, how's the girlfriend adapting to the western lifestyle?
    ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jan. 17 2007,11:08) I am not too concerned about compensation.
      I am most concerned about flexibilty.
      I noticed Inlingua hires part time teachers.  What would work for me is to have a few weeks off every couple of months or or so.
      Am also interested in university teaching even if the pay is crap.  I never taught.  I don't have an advanced degree.  Are there opportunities to teach math or statistics or economics or business (in English)??
      We could Team Teach PD
      You teach monday to friday, daytime and...
      I will teach all the LB's at night  
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(divertwo @ Jan. 18 2007,04:56) ....I'm curious, how's the girlfriend adapting to the western lifestyle?
        overall she likes it, likes that 95% of ppl she meets cannot tell she is a LB...in thailand almost 100% of thai's could tell she is. her first job here was in a thai resturant, and she meet ppl in local thai comunity, now she works in a designer handbag shop, loves it! she has a degree in english language so no problem with language.

Comment

.....always nice to hear of the success stories regarding an attempt at blending cultures.......aloha and mahalo for the feedback
          ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

Just came across this; my gut instinct is to avoid this but perhaps some of you may be interested unless warned off by those in the know here.

Teaching Opportunity

I think I'd enjoy teaching but I don't want to have to act respectably (not be seen with ladyboys) for 30K baht a month.

Comment

Pay US$500 as a non-refundable training fee... in Ban Phe!
              It's non-refundable because once you've been there a couple of days you'll realize what a crap hole it is and what a fool you were for falling for this scam.

Get here... find a job... find a place to live! It's that simple.

Comment

The job may suck and the upfront money may even be borderline scamable.

But I think Ban Pe is an excellent choice for training of any kind especially for those not heavy into sex tourism. Allows for weekends on Samet, a plus for me but makes Stogie

Don't worry, I'm not doing this. Will get retirement visa, chill out, and see what opportunities come my way. I'll listen to the sage's wise advice!

Comment

Yep... Bang Phe is a short swim to the paradise that is Ko Samet! It's also very close to Rayong. There are also a couple of restaurants that have air-con right near the ferry port!

I'd be wary of doing this as a gateway to teaching though.

You don't know what the accommodation is like - you don't know what the teaching workload is like - the TESOL is not the "whoopee" certification that you may think it is...

If you have a degree of any kind these cowboy certs don't mean all that much.

Comment

Nah, I'm not doing it. I figure guys like you and Soc know the score and it'd be foolish not to listen,

Comment

I couldn't survive on 35k a week when i lived in BKK hehehehe....

Comment

Booze and sex are by far the biggest budget killers out here. If you're prepared to accept a little humility than it can be done on B35K.

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.

Comment

Actually - booze can be cheap too. But I agree that for 35K you can have a fantastic lifestyle if you economize in the right areas and are prepared to forgo just a few luxuries.

Certainly my life would change if I was on that budget now, but NOT my happiness factor.

Comment

Working...
                          X