X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to look carefully at deductions, caps, and foreign coverage

I think I pay less than 20,000 a year for good coverage, plus a special extension to cover travel up to USA for 30 days a year. The normal policy would NOT cover anything in USA, since it was my 'home' country and they assumed my gov't would provide coverage..ha ha ha
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I guess Snick, you mean Baht and not USD?
      That really would be a good deal.
      Would you mind sharing the link?
      Thanks
      CM

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 12 2009,08:54) I think I pay less than 20,000 a year for good coverage, plus a special extension to cover travel up to USA for 30 days a year.
        that's a great deal man...... about 600 bucks year 'round? damn, 600 bucks gets me 6 weeks in the states and I still have a thousand dollar deductable and pay 20/80 from there on out! {The American healtchcare set -up is so advanced ]

Snick, as every female since the beginning of time has said {and every guy has hated ever since they started saying it};

"We need to talk"
        Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

As the guy's have said we've been down this soi many times, and most, if not all the imput is very helpfull, however the bottom line is, gather all the cash you can, get on a plane, get here and sort it then, all the talk in the world means nothing. Looking at the state of the planet at the moment mate why wait. ??

Comment

(JaiDee @ Mar. 12 2009,00:19) does anyone have any leads on health care options? as far as insurance costs, etc..... or do you fellows who live there just wing it and pay off the Docs for operations as you go?  My US health care is 420 a month, something I planned on shedding because frankly I don't believe  Blue Cross will pay off on a claim if I drop my bike on Phuket and get all messed up!

any Thai health care options which are worth it and honest?
            BUPA thailand costs me B15k per year. less out patient visits. As I'm a healthy (cough) 46 year old the coverage I get is OK for me. it's also valid worldwide less the US ( not that I plan to go there!!)There's evena clause in there which includes accidents on MB taxis which is handy
            I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Allways wanted to do the, fuck it im going!
              girlfriend wants it also,

so would 25k (baht) be enough to live in nakhorn panhom ?

steviep

Comment

(parada @ Mar. 13 2009,00:52) so would 25k (baht)  be enough to live in nakhorn panhom?
                Well, that depends...

(...and here we go again!)

Comment

(swaraj @ Mar. 12 2009,22:15)  Looking at the state of the planet at the moment mate why wait.
                  got things to do here first man, family matters.....trust me, if not for that I would be history.

also need my condo to re-gain some value, damn if I let some yuppie couple have this place for 40% less than what *I* paid for it 5 years ago grrrrrr

It's coming, if I just flew off the handle and moved there without more planning and waiting for some cash to come back my way I'd regret it later

Comment

(parada @ Mar. 13 2009,00:52) so would 25k (baht)  be enough to live in nakhorn panhom ?
                    ask Chompoo, she comes from there

But she would surely say 200K minimum to live anywhere!

Up that far I don't see how 25K ain't enough, unless you need to support 2 people?? it would be a stretch then...... and remember, you are the falang, you tell your girlfriend you only have 25K a month and she won't believe you, will think you are holding out on her and have more cash back where you come from.

Comment

...and if you don't fly off the handle and move here now you'll regret it later, right?

Damn from what I can see you could live here happily on just what you pay in medical insurance! (Well... I could!)

Family matters, eh? Well my family doesn't matter!

Comment

...gather all the cash you can, get on a plane, get here and sort it then
                        If you walk into a BUPA office in Thailand,
                        with only a "visa on arrival",
                        then you will be offered a 90-day policy, maximum.

(And you have to fly back to YOUR country before you can be offered another 90 days.)

So my advice would be,
                        check what kind of insurance you can get, with your particular type of visa.

As for the question about driving:
                        One tourist was interviewed in a hospital bed,
                        and told that driving a scooter was not difficult on the left side of the road.
                        But the first roundabout, was quite different then the roundabouts in his home country ...
                        "I don´t know what to do. Losing sleep. Kicked from a chatroom on a board about worshipping young transsexual prostitutes.
                        I´ve my fair share of disapointments and hardtimes in my life, but this....."

Comment

(Stogie @ Mar. 13 2009,03:04) Family matters, eh? Well my family doesn't matter!  
                          well, that's just one of the many ways we differ.....

Thailand will always be there, my family only grows up once and my Mom only grows old once..... when I am ready the family affairs will be sorted, financial problems cleared up [hopefully], condo value back up [hopefully!] and ya' know what?  Thailand will still be the same; it can wait and I've been waiting since 2001 to move there, what's another 2 or 3 years now?

A little patience is all, and getting some matters sorted;  but for sure that insurance payment gets old .... between me and my family's health care,  my car, motorbike and my condo,  the insurance tab from this household is over 1000 bucks per month.

That's 35K baht!!   GRRrrrrrrrr    

Comment

Thailand will still be the same
                            No, it will not.

But so what. Opportunities go. Opportunities come.
                            "I don´t know what to do. Losing sleep. Kicked from a chatroom on a board about worshipping young transsexual prostitutes.
                            I´ve my fair share of disapointments and hardtimes in my life, but this....."

Comment

seems like now is a good time to buy as well, some people tell me

but that doesn't relate to me, I will be renting as I still haven't decided where I want to live and in truth will probably move around for the first few years.

Comment

now is a good time to WAIT
                                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X