Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snick, will you be trying out the video feature tonight at some LB bar??  'What?? It's just a simple phone! Honest!'

Also, you can get rid of Google earth. The map feature is accurate to within 3 to 5 meters. Good enough to know where you're at. Tried it out many times while I was lost in Shanghai.

My apps:

9-toolbox - small currency selection, unit conversion, tip & bill split calculator, inclinometer (that's a level for you mono-syllable type guys) etc.

Skype - must have (enough said) but not available in Canada iTunes I managed to figure out a work around for that one.

Parlingo - MSN for iPhone (not the best but it works) Fingers crossed that Microsoft, or some else, will develop an official version.

ACTCurrency - the most currency selection (with backward converter)

Camera Genius - zoom, anti shake, full screen shutter button, grid lines, etc.

Then there is all the little games too...
    "Even ladyboys are size queens" - Anonymous

Comment

Thanks gents, & I am sure we can unearth some little known gems as the list grows...      

Snick, it would be appreciated if you could add a few words describing what your favourites do.

Favourites other than games that is, it will need to be something really special to get me playing a game on my phone. I get bored in a second. Still, I will never know if I never try.
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

And I have another question -

I can take a 16 gig iPhone for free on my contract or for $10 per month I can have a 32 gig model.

Is there any point paying the extra?

I won't be using it as a replacement for a computer, I will only add apps that I will use.

Does the extra capacity allow the phone to work faster?

What has been the experience of guys who went from the 8 gig to the 16? Was it noticeably better?

Can someone explain the ramifications please?
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

in most cases its better to go to the app store look up the name of the app and read the official description and reviews there.

PDFReader is for reading adobe PDF files on the iPhone, there are lots of programs like this. But this one has worked best for me (haven't tried all though)

Comiczeal - for reading comic books in CBR format. Not for everyone.

iJiggle and  Wobble - take a picture and make it jiggle, great for tit and dick shots. Use pics of Eats for best results.

iStylist - take a pic, change the hair style

Cartoonize - add sunglasses and effects to pics

PeeMonkey - do I need to describe this ?
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Ghost cam. Take a photo with ghost cam of some lbs isn Nana, all of a sudden there are ghost faces among them in the pic, scary ghost faces, they freak out when they see the pic.
            "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(pacman @ Sep. 10 2009,10:49) Is there any point paying the extra?

I won't be using it as a replacement for a computer, I will only add apps that I will use.

Does the extra capacity allow the phone to work faster?

What has been the experience of guys who went from the 8 gig to the 16? Was it noticeably better?

Can someone explain the ramifications please?
              No, no difference in performance , and 8 GB is more than enough. No need for the 16GB, unless you´re one of those that just want to have it all. I believe the 16GB comes in the gay color white, so another reason to go 8GB.
              "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

depends on the size of your music/photo/video library Paccie

My music alone is almost 8GB so I have 16GB model (I have many thousands of songs though)

it's purely storage - won't impact performance of iPhone
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

I have just bought a Sony ericsson Xperia 1, RRP £440, the MRK 2 is due out shortly, so picked this one up for £260 brand new. My contract was up with "T" mobile, so I got a new price plan, 1100 talk time minutes, unlimited texts & free broad band, for £25 a month. I was spunking £60 a month b4 this.
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

The new 3Gs version comes in 16gig and 32gig (both in white or black). Apple decided not to do a 8gig 3Gs as they figured people will be using the video feature and will need more storage.

As sev7en mentioned, capacity does not have any bearing on speed but the 3Gs version does have a faster processor then previous models.
                    "Even ladyboys are size queens" - Anonymous

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 10 2009,08:31) As soon as I stop playing 'Civilization'

which might be a few days  
                      what version and what diff level?

Comment

Emperor Snick of the Sodomites
                        Civilization Revolution, the new version for the iPhone

Comment

(ezflip @ Sep. 10 2009,17:50) the 3Gs version does have a faster processor then previous models.
                          Yes, that´s good. I thought my 3g booted too slow and some app took forever to launch, especially SMS. So the 3gs really is faster?

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

yes the 3gs is faster, I can now do a side by side comparison !
                            The 3gs also has double the internal RAM memory, which prevents those annoying 'out of memory please restart your iPhone message'. There is also a new accelerated graphics chip, which will probably become more important in the future as new games start to utilize it.

Comment

oh, civ for the iphone...

emperor snick of the sodomites!

Comment

i love the 3gs
                                once you jailbreak it, its goto be best mobile on market.

now just need to get a mac

stevie

Comment

Working...
                                X