Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually now that I think about it, if the booking was for Mr, he wouldn't be looking for a Miss
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Great idea for a thread. I'm sure many of us will come across dozens of WTF moments as we go along.

I remember trying to change a pack of cigarettes in a mom & pop store - i had got the wrong colour LM for my g/f. Despite the fact that i was a regular customer, they refused! After geting very irate, and being met with typical thai indifference i stormed out, went across the road and bought half the store across the road's stock of bulky items like toilet rolls, cornflakes etc. I staggered back across the road , poked the door open with an elbow, and yelled WTF -HOW STOOPID ARE YOU? "Up to you" the girl said!!

A friend of mine is building a deluxe pool hall in Patong - he wanted a wall and a door built across the toilet area. In their WTF wisdom the labourers decided to build the wall and door in front of the balcony instead: "Stop any people climbing in" : WTF !

Flower sellers that approach me every night in my own bar!

The "Rolex" watch vendor that every night asks me to buy, even though i've told him 3 thousand times i have a perfectly good Seiko, that works!

The security guy at Jungceylon shopping centre that insists i open my bike seat for inspection, but lets through every Thai ne'er-do-well without even a cursory glance.

The hemet law, vigourously enforced up until 10pm, then when everybody's drunk, and driving too fast, is ignored!

One way streets in Thailand- why bother?

Zebra crossings in thailand - why bother painting white stripes on the road? If you step onto them, you'll get killed - same as any other part of the road!

Oh, this'll run and run.....
      www.ladyboy-bar.com
      cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

with you about the Zebra crossings jimbo

Why do they fuckin bother with them  

I was trying to cross the road at a zebra crossing at a junction close to the Krung Thonburi BTS station the other week.

You need eyes in the back of your head, in your arse etc there  

No joking, I couldn't  move for at least 15 minutes   until I took my life in my own hands and made a suicidal dash for it  

WTF do Red Traffic Lights mean in    ??  
        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(jimbo34 @ Jun. 13 2010,20:56) The "Rolex" watch vendor that every night asks me to buy, even though i've told him 3 thousand times i have a perfectly good Seiko, that works!
          Sunglass salesman bugging me to buy a pair when I have a perfectly good pair of Rayban's already on my eyes or on top of my head grrrrrrrr
          Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(jimbo34 @ Jun. 13 2010,20:56) Oh, this'll run and run.....
            That toilet story is a classic Jimbo, I have a feeling you have suffered for your art

Sunglass salesman bugging me to buy a pair when I have a perfectly good pair of Rayban's already on my eyes or on top of my head
            Haha the rayban riposte..I do the same..'I have real ones already'...they usually move on real fast

Comment

.... Dumb fucking tourists, and particularly dumb fucking women tourists!
              ..... Sensationalised headlines!
              ....... Nanny State cultured expected in LOS!

All of these things make me think WTF?

Read on and note I have edited this as it must have been a slow day on the Puke Gazette to get 1000 words on this topic:

British woman survives macaque attack during Phuket holiday

PHUKET: -- A British woman with a life-long fear of monkeys was seriously injured by several primates while visiting Monkey Beach on Phi Phi Don Island on May 21.

Dee Darwell, 56, arrived in Phuket on May 18 and had a couple of €œlovely€ days before setting off on a one day trip to Phi Phi Don and surrounding islands with Siam Seacanoe tour company.

Ms Darwell, whose father kept an €œevil€ chimpanzee that fostered her €œintense dislike€ for primates.

Despite this Ms Carwell agreed to take the boat trip to the island with her friend.

Arriving around noon, Ms Darwell considered staying on the boat while the other 35 tourists enjoyed up-close encounters with the monkeys.

But rather than endure the sun, she opted to lay down her towel on a rock near the shoreline.

€œI thought I was heading for safety under this rock in the shade, only to cool down. I laid the towel down and there were no monkeys in sight,€ said Ms Darwell.

€œThe next thing I noticed, this monkey walked up next to me and I thought, €˜Oh dear,€™ and I began to stand up to move away.

€œThen, the monkey took my wrist and pounced on my right arm, sinking his teeth in and hung off it. He wouldn€™t let go; he was locked on. I was absolutely petrified. I was shaking from head to foot and I froze,€ she said.

€œThere was one man, a tourist, and when he saw the monkey bite me, he screamed and ran off€¦Then another, bigger monkey bit my arm, just next to the other one biting me, and all of a sudden I was surrounded by monkeys.€

Three or four of the creatures began attacking her from all sides, grabbing her arms, legs and rear end, leaving bruises all over her body.

€œI thought, €˜this is it, I€™m going to die, I€™m going to be savaged by these monkeys,€™ then I went into shock.€

Ms Darwell does not remember how she was rescued, but was later told that the boat crew had gotten the monkeys away from her.

The boat crew were well prepared and very efficient in treating her wound, cleaning it and covering it with a bandage.

However, the treatment ended there, according to Ms Darwell; she was not immediately taken back to Phuket for further medical attention.

€œI didn€™t want to make a fuss in front of everyone on the tour, but for sure they should have ferried me straight back to the hospital,€ she said.

Instead of taking her back to Phuket, the tour continued as scheduled with a stop for lunch, where she had to pay for a beach chair and couldn€™t eat because of the pain and her €œdazed€ state. She said she was only given paracetamol for the €œintense€ pain.

€œI thought, €˜I€™ve paid to come on this trip, I€™ve been bitten by a monkey, been brought here for a lunch I couldn€™t eat and I€™ve just come here to rest and now I have to pay extra for a place to rest,€™€ she recalled.

Yongyut Buasod, the Siam Seacanoe guide responsible for Ms Darwell€™s tour, said that they did warn her of the dangers of bacterial infection and offered to take her to a hospital, but a friend with her said that she could take her herself.

Ms Darwell said that after arriving back in Phuket around 5pm or 6pm, she went to Patong Hospital.

Ms Darwell said that her main complaint was with the lack of warning given on the potential dangers on the trip.€œ
              I wouldn€™t have got off that bloody boat if the tour guide would have said at all that there was any danger, any risk, even the slightest risk. I would not have gotten off that boat,€ she said.

.Mr Yongyut said, €œWe bring tourists to this beach every day, and we always warn them about the monkeys. But, in a group of about 40 tourists, you€™re always going to have someone who doesn€™t listen

€œEvery tour company bringing tourists here warns their customers. We, also, don€™t want to have problems like this. The tourists don€™t have to get off the boat if they don€™t want to,€ he said.

A few points:
              She was scared of monkey's but still went ashore. I think most of us know that animals and in particular those of higher intelligence smell fear and react acordingly.

She didn't listen to the warnings. She wanted I imagine her own personal warning. In triplicate. From the captain.

She received first aid.

She received treatment for pain. WTF did she expect? Morphine?

She went back to Phuket but not to the hospital, leaving it for several days until she reached BKK.

Its everyone elses fault except hers.

What
              The
              FUCK?

Is anyone else besides me sick of fucktards who refuse to take responsibility for their actions?

Is anyone else pissed as I am with such sensational headlines? You survive a shark attack. You are attacked by monkeys. One is life threatening the other inconveinient.

Nanny state brought to LOS. Go home Mrs Darwell... Go home.

Photos: Stupid Cow, Stupid Monkey.
              Attached Files
              f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

This is giving monkeys a bad name

Comment

If you've been here for any length of time you'll learn to order food in the order that you want to eat it and not order it all at once!

When I first came here I had a lot of 'WTF moments' when the appetizers came out a long time after the check landed on my table!

Also - in restaurants - price is no guide to quality. You'll be amazed when you find this out for yourself.
                  SHEMALE.CENTER
                  World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Out of curiousity I did a multi-city search with Emirates flying from Manchester UK - Manila and then returning from Bangkok back to Manchester.

I would get a Flight from Manila to Bangkok separately

The results that came back were very suprising

Outward

Manchester to O'Hare Airport ( Chicago) USA with a different Airline
                    O'Hare to Dubai
                    Dubai to Manila   45 hours travel in total

Inward

Bangkok to Dubai
                    Dubai to Manchester   16 hours

The prices were the "SAME" as a normal return Flight from say MAN-Manila or MAN-BKK

WTF, why do I really need to go via the USA in the first place    
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I have wasted many hours using those websites.  Let me talk to a real person.  Preferably not from Bangalore  

Comment

Apparently they sell "Around the world in 80 hours" as a special.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X