X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED!

Here's the latest price at my HomePro...

Damn... these are just toooooo cheap!
    Attached Files
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Most TVs should come with an ethernet connection now. Those that dont may be sold off cheaper. And your right about Dixons Bumpa they will be going bust any time soon.. or bought by Best Buy

Also LCD and PLasma issue . One lasts longer than the other, there are other trade offs and you need to look at this also.

Comment

(Tomcat @ Apr. 11 2011,19:11) LCD and PLasma issue - One lasts longer than the other...
        At that price they are disposable. If it goes wrong I'll buy a new one, like I do for a printer.

No way am I gonna waste time and effort trying to get one of them actually mended!  
        SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

As for the quality issue or the Hi-Def bollocks...

I'm 50. I ain't so stoopid as to think that a better telly makes the program better!

I'd rather watch my favorite programs on a 19" cathode ray tube than watch a new movie in 55 inch HiFi 3D spangled sparkly 7.1 audio fucking bollocks.

If only film makers would pay attention to story-lines, characters, scripts and plot-lines... but while CGI wank gets the morons in the theaters, then all hope for a decent watchable film is long gone down the toilet.
          SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

(anicon @ Apr. 02 2011,16:53) .. current U.S. price comparison for Samsung 720/1080 plasma 600Hz TVs..
            As a rule the comparisons dont work , especially with EU products. Many blue chip companies make a different version for the Area due the differing laws (although not all of them do this.) Before the CE Mark was introduced i used to grey import these South Asia products from Singapore into UK.
            Singpore was the main South Asian hub for the Japs in the old days and u could buy most products cheaper there

nowdays...
            In general products destined for EU are more expensive due to the onerous laws in making products with CE mark. They have to comply with three of four Directives regarding recycling and lead content etc and energy saving on standby... this can ramp up the cost by 25%
            For the USA im not sure, its not as tough as EU yet.

I ws involved in a Telephone Design for National Carrier and when i spec it for EU they doubled the price . Battery Companies also make one grade for India and another for Africa and another for Europe...

For South East Asia my guess is that they make it cheaper due to the lack of red tape there...It almost impossible to import anything into EU that fully complies 100% now.( unless you have deep pockets)

Comment

(Tomcat @ Apr. 12 2011,15:05) Many blue chip companies make a different version for the Area due the differing laws...
              ...and climates.

The big TVs for hot Asian and Arab countries are not the same design as the ones for cooler climes.

I'm sure the same holds up for many many products like chocolate with a higher melting temperature, etc...
              SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

Ten 40-42in net connected HD TVs
                Next gen tellies you€™ll want to own
                http://www.reghardware.com/2011...._hd_tvs
                By Steve May €¢ 12th April 2011 12:00 GMT

Comment

Further guidelines
                  How to choose the right screen size

Is your telly is too small - or too big - for HD?
                  By Nigel Whitfield €¢ 19th May 2011 11:23 GMT

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/05/1...deconstructed/

How to do the maths is here
                  http://gonedigital.net/2011/05/19/showing-the-workings/

Comment

Its amazing how prices for these TVs has come down. When i bought one here in thailand about six years ago, I think I paid about 60K for a 32 incher. Whoever made the point about the less than stellar pic from UBC/True is dead right!!

Also the aircons crapped out in my flat here in bangers and i paid 12,000 for a 9,000 BTU with installation included. Didnt find anything lower than that.......the brand was LG so its a decent one.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

Tvs have come down due to competition as well. I think it was SONY a few weeks back that stated that no one is making money out of TVs including them

They are sold as a loss leader at around cost in most cases

In the UK many rely on the 5 year warranty scheme to claw the profit or some Hi Interest loan

Comment

Working...
                      X