Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Doc, were are you at on your little adventure.

Comment

Well Just Began the 14 months off on Monday so......................

Just taking some R n R and trying to sort out Money and Visit Freinds and Family.

I give Myself until the End of June to Sort out the Studies and Sexapades  
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Update on things:
        Classes are all going to be by One Prof at One School, he states you already have 18 credits in A's just get laid and have fun.  All classes are Independant study, however, I must share some pics with him  

As Far as how long to stay well hell I would love to stay for the entire year but you guys know I can not any longer but lots of trips I could squeeze in  

Does anyone know what are the details on the NON Img Visa? Would that allow me to go in and out of LOS frequenty during a year?  Woman at the Thai Emb here stated I can only go 90 days out of every180 days.  If Thats true it sucks.  Any advise Gents?

Thanks as Always  

Comment

Let Me add the Thai Emb did say also that:
          I should get a 2 entry tourist visa (the most they can give)
          good for only 90 days each but sounds like i will only get 180 days of 360  

Comment

Looks like you are either mis-interpreting the Thai Embassies advice or you are relaying it to us incorrectly.

If you get the 'Non Immigrant B multiple entry visa' then you can come and go as you please for up to 15 months but you cannot stay in the Kingdom for more than 90 days at one stretch.

It is INCORRECT to say that you can only stay for 90 days in each 180 days. This only applies to tourist visas.

Obviously as you are a 'long stay' tourist you should get the same visa as I have the 'Non Imm. (multi entry) B' visa. When you get this you can in effect stay in the Kingdom every day for about 460 days!

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jul. 23 2007,20:17) Let Me add the Thai Emb did say also that:
              I should get a 2 entry tourist visa (the most they can give)
              good for only 90 days each but sounds like i will only get 180 days of 360  
              Not true...you can get 3 tourist visas stacked at a time...they are each good for 60 days plus a 30 day
              in-country extension...so 90 days each...

Then you can come back and get three more stacked...

I go through the Honorary Thai Consulate in Portland, Or...and I live in California...Turn around time is about 2 days using express mail...

Here's their link...

http://www.thai-or.com/
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

That's good if you come back to the US every 90 days but NOT so good if you want to do border runs and extend your stay with minimal inconvenience. But it's useful info for most of us who do NOT intend to stay that long...

The turnaround time of two days is good and as a general rule Thai consulates are almost always better to do business with than Thai embassies.

Comment

Our 2c...

Depends on what sort your into in terms of your experiences..

We have just spent 6 months in SEA and sub continent and found the long stays were fantastic... But, that is because we got into the day to day adventures of living somewhere new - as well as having fun fucking at the same time.

If your not really into the day to day stuff though or if you happen to be very wealthy, and therefor it doesnt matter, stuff like shopping, finding cheap food and accomodation etc etc could become a bit of a bore..

We think 'going local' gives a real depth of experience, a richer and more reciprocal experience...

Or - put simply, go for the year, you guys will have a ball!

PC

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 23 2007,20:31) Looks like you are either mis-interpreting the Thai Embassies advice or you are relaying it to us incorrectly.

If you get the 'Non Immigrant B multiple entry visa' then you can come and go as you please for up to 15 months but you cannot stay in the Kingdom for more than 90 days at one stretch.

It is INCORRECT to say that you can only stay for 90 days in each 180 days. This only applies to tourist visas.

Obviously as you are a 'long stay' tourist you should get the same visa as I have the 'Non Imm. (multi entry) B' visa. When you get this you can in effect stay in the Kingdom every day for about 460 days!
                    I wish I could SB.  I started a new thread about this problem.
                    They are basically telling me no way because I Have no Job and that I can not get that type visa
                    Thanks Tho Buddy I wish I knew what to do.
                    It Seems I may be grounded

Comment

OK... I've replied on the new thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X