Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump ,, more to come when im sober enuff ,,,WOW is all i can say now .

Comment

(TopDog @ Mar. 04 2007,09:27) I guess this will show my age and the fact that I don't hang out in dance clubs but what the hell does a DJ do besides play music?  Never would of imagined it would require the type of skills that a club would pay someone to travel around the world just to DJ at their club.
      TopDog, I am with you on this one. I cannot figure out why they get the publicity and have a following. It seems like a no-talent job to me and truthfully, when I am in clubs with them, I find them rather annoying.

Comment

when I am in clubs with them, I find them rather annoying
         Ditto that... and what happened to the slow dance at the end?  

Comment

I like a dance and dont need a DJ to encourage or inspire me... dont see the point in them other than to keeping the music constant.

Slowy's... that takes me back a bit.... now I just wave some Baht... not as romantic but has the same results...

Comment

(Foggy @ Dec. 30 2007,14:38) now I just wave some Baht... not as romantic but has the same results...
            but at least you're guaranteed more than a quick peck on the cheek at the end of the night

I've made kathylc  

Comment

(vito @ Dec. 30 2007,06:47) TopDog, I am with you on this one.  I cannot figure out why they get the publicity and have a following.  It seems like a no-talent job to me and truthfully, when I am in clubs with them, I find them rather annoying.
              If you are a Dance/Trance/Electronica fan, you would realize it's not quite a no-talent job.  DJ's practice the art of live mixing (and re-mixing), on the fly.  It's a form of musical expression itself.  It certainly takes talent -- some of these guys can use three or four turntables/computers at the same time, and everything must be beat-matched in time -- and in most cases, live.  Electronica DJ's are responsible for keeping the 'vibe' (and thus the party atmosphere) going, and it's nothing like just playing one record after another.

I do understand that it's not fair to the individual artists themselves that get their song played, but they often get great recognition themselves.

SB, if you want your 'slow dance', you're supposed to head to the chill room, to... you know, chill!  

Comment

Living in UK have been lucky to have seen some top class DJ, some of these guys can play up to 10000 people and will get everyone of then rocking by the end of their set. To see Paul Van Dyke work a club is amazing and anyone watching would be impressed. Agree that these nights are not designed for those who want to visit a club , have a drink and a chat and now and again venture out on to the dance floor for a quick twirl.. Each to their own
                harris11

Comment

Now back to people who are actually interested in this type of vibe , the rest of you move along , better yet go take a nap .

I went to see Laurent Garnier once again in Bangkok on December 29 th , we turned up at Club 808 on RCA about 10 pm and he had just started his set , the club was still fairly empty so he gave us some cool lounge house for about an hour , really laid back but he was building the vibe as the crowd started to flock in .

By 11 pm the crowd had built to about 70 % full and he ripped into his more uptempo brand of Laurent House that he is famous for and had the crowd totally buzzing and cheering this went on and on and on until finally i could see the club manager give him the signal for another 10 mins at that time we took our exit . I looked at my phone and wow it was 2.15 am already , so he had been playing for at least 4 hours , and everyone had been treated to a very memorable night .

We decided to catch up with some friends who where at the after hours club The Tunnel , and arrived about 2.45 , very good resident DJ on Saturday nights and the crowd was good , at about 3.30 am and who wanders in but Laurent Garnier with some of his team , next thing he has a few words to the Resident DJ and about 15 minutes later he jump on decks and starts
                  tearing out more brilliant mixes , all in all we saw him play for more than 5 hours , but he may have played for 6 or longer .

A totally fantastic night from a Living Legend of the Scene , i am sure tonight New Years Eve will provide more great times and music in Bangkok , but i have the feeling my mind will be still thinking about December 29 and Laurent Garnier's brilliance .

Comment

Sounds like you had a great night or morning should i say MM
                    and can imagine the tunnel going off,

i bet your looking forward to the culture one weekend you lucky sod, very envious and wish i was in BKK for that,
                    you will have to give us a report on how it is,
                    also see John digweed is playing in Feb as well

Comment

Hi all first post on here . Its nice to hear that some of you guys like electronica wether it be commercial or underground . Just like to ask if any of you guys have been to the berlin love parade ?.I appreciate a lot of people dont like this music but to say that it takes no talent i would strongly disagree this is a pure form of art , to blend, bend and syncronize music to move mind body and soul to a different level takes talent . Or am i talkin pure shite . Superb site btw cheers

Comment

You are correct , a lot of people not into dance music do not appreciate that there is a fair bit of skill involved in mixing and judging the crowd as to what to play and when etc .... Ive been doing it badly on and off for quite a while now
                        Not a great fan of techno , but I love anything with a dance vibe and soulful vocals .
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Goa trance that kind of dance

Comment

Working...
                          X