Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(moe666 @ Jul. 08 2007,22:06) So if you change your US dollar to chinese yuan
    Is there a way to chhange dollars to yuan and get interest on my yuan?

Comment

More headlines baht to rise to 30baht to dollar caused by inflow of capital to Thai stock market. BOT watching developements and is ready to step in if it precieves a crisis.

Thaivisa has a good forum discussion on this subject. Hopefully all the foreign investors will not take profits all at once or maybe if you have US dollars it would be a good thing if they did.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 08 2007,00:18) If you like emerging market currencies then PLMIX is an American mutual fund that's anti-dollar play.

Most bonds issued by third world governments are dollar denominated because investors demanded that safety.  But I think holding dollars is dangerous especially if one is planning to move to Thailand.

Top Ten Holdings       as of 12/31/2006  

United Mexican Sts Mtn Be FRN - 01/13/09
        Korea Dev Bk FRN - 10/20/09
        Malaysian Ringgit Ndf - 03/05/07
        South Korea Won-Ndf - 04/18/07
        Thailand Baht - 02/02/07
        Indonesian Rupiah-Ndf - 02/28/07
        Slm FRN - 07/27/09
        South Korea Won-Ndf - 02/26/07
        Russian Ruble Ndf - 02/15/07
        Indian Rupee-Inr Ndf - 05/07/07

Profile:

The investment seeks maximum total return, consistent with preservation of capital and prudent investment management. The fund invests 80% of assets in currencies of, or in fixed income instruments denominated in the currencies of developing markets. It may invest up to 15% of total assets in debt rated below B. The average portfolio duration is not expected to exceed eight years. It is nondiversified.
        is PLMIX an institutional-investor-only fund with a minimum buy-in of $5,000,000 usd? is PLMAX the A-share entry into the same fund? do they have the same holdings or are they 'sister' funds? i've been *trying* to do my own research, but i'll confess i'm confused.

any help appreciated as i am growing more worried every day that the world will begin to value the u.s. dollar as lowly as u.s. policy.

i hope cheney and halliburton with their figurehead president and supreme court (fuck privacy, fuck individual property rights, fuck roe v. wade, fuck one-man/one-vote, fuck separation of church and state, etc) are really happy about how they turned the once-greatest-in-the-world country into their personal feudal fiefdom.
        giant pieces of shit that they are.
        but that's just IMHO.

Comment

(thaibound @ Jul. 11 2007,18:05) is PLMIX an institutional-investor-only fund with a minimum buy-in of $5,000,000 usd? is PLMAX the A-share entry into the same fund? do they have the same holdings or are they 'sister' funds? i've been *trying* to do my own research, but i'll confess i'm confused.
          I think PLMIX has a 100K minimum if buying thru Fidelity but I se Morn* says a 5M minimim. But sometimes you can sneak in for allot less.    

I own a little bit of PLMDX (no transaction fee at Fidelity)which is D shares (never heard of D shares before)  which has the same holdings but a higher expense ratio.

Fidelity Southeast Asia Fund, FSEAX, a bit of a misnomer if you look at the map, is an unhedged stock fund so it's also an anti-dollar play.

Talking about Fidelity, if you open an account there you get United Mileage Plus frequent flyer miles. 15,000 for investing 10 grand or 25,000 miles if you invest 50 grand.

15,000 miles is 1/4 of a free trip to Thailand on any Star Alliance carriers if you redeem thru United.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 13 2007,18:37) 15,000 miles is 1/4 of a free trip to Thailand on any Star Alliance carriers if you redeem thru United.
            I can get to LOS for 60K miles? WOW......no doubt they have 10 seats set aside for frequent flyers
            ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

The rising baht is starting to hit the states, talked to a friend who owns a Thai restraurant her coconut milk has increased from $20 dollars a case to $28 also Thai rice has went up about 10 percent. They have the new menus with price changes on order.

Comment

thai bound forgot to include "fuck school desegregation"

Comment

(bohemia @ Jul. 14 2007,14:57) thai bound forgot to include "fuck school desegregation"
                  I agree with the Supreme Court on this one.

I don't think kids should be bussed around to achieve racial balnce.

And Supreme Court Justice's grandkids don't go to public schools just like Jenna and Barbara aren't serving in Iraq.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 14 2007,12:37) Talking about Fidelity, if you open an account there you get United Mileage Plus frequent flyer miles.  15,000 for investing 10 grand or 25,000 miles if you invest 50 grand.

15,000 miles is 1/4 of a free trip to Thailand on any Star Alliance carriers if you redeem thru United.  
                     PD,
                    You Sir are a Mileage Whore   
                    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Ok This Sucks Majorly

Live rates at 2007.07.21 19:25:33 UTC  
                      Notice: The THB rate shown below is the international rate. Rates used within Thailand may vary.
                      1.00 USD = 29.9499 THB
                      United States Dollars    Thailand Baht  
                      1 USD = 29.9499 THB   1 THB = 0.0333891 USD

Last Year it was near 38 Bhat dam it

Comment

Bangkok Bank is today buying US$ at 33.26 baht to the dollar. Dont worry too much - just bring the notes and change to your hearts content.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

I Love You Mardhi    
                          I feel about 4 Bhat better  

Comment

Rates are about 34 Bhat per USD in LOS just in case You wanted to know

Comment

So may be We should buy US dolars (cheap as chips) to take it to LOS..

£1=$2..
                              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Working...
                              X