X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(bigmick22 @ Sep. 24 2008,09:10)
    (Matrix @ Sep. 23 2008,16:47) And for the guys that have problems with the bin, just check the recite every time you order,and the problem would not acure.
    implies that if you don't constantly check your bin, you should expect dodgy stuff to happen

when even the supporters of the bar suggest you need to keep checking, then I plan to steer well clear
    No,i was making No such implies,just that you allways hear about guys that "claimes" that they been ripped of, to much drinks on theres bins.
    I was just suggesting that those guys starts to check there recipt after each order....or drink less so they know what they are doing.......in any bar.
    And it goes for any bar in any contry,since it in my eyes allways are the same type of guys that "run" in to these problems. ie.guys that drink to mutt.
    My self,i have seen it many times (have been working in nightclubs)

And NO,i am not supporting Kitten club at all ,in fact i have been to Patts on 5 more occasion and just entering the club once.
    So,i am not supporting Kitten club in any way,just stating facts.
    And for the discussion on high prices,well you guys could have a point there, but then again......how much would you have had to pay for drinks in your own country???

IF it was to be your local pub in your own home town,then i could understand it, but in a town like Pattaya.......NO.

So,in my case...i allways let my feet vote, if i am unhappy with whatever it is in a club/gogo/beerbar.....i just walk away and chose another one.

Regards:Matrix

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Sep. 24 2008,13:42)
      (verity @ Sep. 24 2008,01:10) bigmick22,
      so you mean to say it gets done on purpose? or probably the owner asks the staff to rip you off?
      my post is clear -  I know you can read. It was a comment on matrix's post - no need to paraphrase it for your own ends. It is what it is

Surely you can see why people have suspicions regarding your motivation to post? I think their suspicions are reasonable. When are you going to talk about something else? Post a trip report or answer somebody's request for info or get involved in a discussion where you are not at loggerheads with a lot of other posters.

You had a go at someone on another thread about his lack of posts but you only have 14 posts to your name. You've made a number of posts today already on Obsessions and , as you mentioned above, have made comments regarding Obsessions previously. So, it seems that many , if not most, of your posts are about this single bar. Strange ... uness you are a board member using a separate alias just to post about Obsessions - in which case, shame on you

Anyway, thanks for all the facts and telling me about the real world. The day I need some anonymous poster on t'internet to tell me how to be street smart is the day I know I'm fucked and I will give up
      bigmick22,
      people have suspicions because for some reason many of the BM's in here prefer going against pattaya obsessions and why am i on their side? simple, because none of the acquisitions made by all the wise people in here have happened with me in that bar. i do get along well with the staff in there and the thai manager called pat.
      bad mouthing is easier it seems nowadays then talking good about others. you were not "just commenting" on matrix's post or me "paraphrasing" your post but your 2 cents worth on matrix' post was not worth atall as all you were emphasizing from his post was the (manipulated) negative part although matrix was not saying anything negative.
      i was certainly not trying to turn you "street smart", i don't care to, and would appreciate if you not tell me what should i be doing in the forum. when i have something else to contribute, i surely will.
      i have stated this before, and i state it again, i personally, haven't got anything to go with pattaya obsessions or penthouse but as a customer i do get treated fairly in there. no shame in that, rather delighted.

cheers

Comment

(verity @ Sep. 24 2008,03:19) when i have something else to contribute, i surely will.
        I'll watch out for that
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

seems like you're the only one on the same wavelength as me...

Comment

I'm with Bigmick on this one , why do some people just accept its par for the course in Thailand to ripped off ?

I could name plenty of bars in Pattaya where i would be confident at not needing to double check my bill , I know I wouldn't be ripped off .

Jesus , words like exclusive , VIP , classy do just not fit well in Pattaya , just another marketing ploy to make people feel special and then over charge them .

I'm not knocking it , each to their own we all have different tastes and different views on what we class as a good night out .

It happens the world over , Belfast of all places would you believe has gone up market , all these very exclusive bars where you have to queue behind a rope to get in, only to find the place half empty inside and the drink about 30% more expensive .

Clever marketing , but it keeps people happy , I remember a friend explaining that these bars are so expensive because they are exclusive , have had a lot of money spent on them and don't let the riff raff in .

Maybe I just prefer to drink with the riff raff .

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Are you implying that me and pigdogg are riff raff?

Cant say you're wrong though.
              A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

(Matrix @ Sep. 24 2008,04:47) And for the guys that have problems with the bin, just check the recite every time you order,and the problem would not acure.
                Checking your receipt is sound advise for all of Thailand, especially these times when low season has dragged on too long for most.

However to infer that it is more important in the Kitten Club than any other Pattaya bar is quite frankly ridiculous.

This is a top gig to have & the owner pays the staff well over the odds to keep them straight & happy.

With the knowledge that instant dismissal awaits any wrong-doing, I have found no evidence of bill rigging.

But when I told the owner that I was told if I wished to join the girls in the spa (lots do) that I could for only 500 baht, he just shook his head.

"See what I am up against - this is a charge worked out by the girls. I have never set a price to jump in" he said.

"But this is Thailand & I am trying to control 150 staff who all want more money. After 20 years I know I can't stop them trying."
                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(ciobha @ Sep. 25 2008,04:10) Are you implying that me and pigdogg are riff raff?
                  What a dreadful inference!!!

I know PigDogg & he is a gentleman....
                  Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Well done Pacman.

Checking your bins..mmm that is sound advice anywhere in thailand really unless you are at your own bar. This is not saying we are expecting to be ripped off but rather we know the things that can happen innocently or otherwise.

i would disagree with a couple of the comments but then that would only be my preference not the general consensus such as top talent etc.

they other thing i would say is that to tone down the requests for drinks would be better, even though we all know it is going to happen there and in many other bars or gogos.

the statement is right it is our money and we spend it where we want, it is just that under the present conditions i will not be spending it in kitten club and i am lucky enough that i don't have to worry about the prices of drinks or barfines. But rather would feel i am having a good night out.

I must lastly balance this by saying that i have had some really good night in the kitten club but i feel that it was being in a good mood, with the right people and the right circumstances then any bar can be just as good.

Comment

Working...
                    X