X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes at the Kitten Club

Nothing stays the same forever & so it is down in Soi Pattayaland (13/4) home of the Penthouse Suites & site of the Kitten Club/Obsessions.

To prove there is no harm in pointing out failings in venues we do or don't visit, the management have let me know that they are acting on some of the concerns expressed in the previous Kitten Club thread.

At this moment they are working on some structural changes to make the place more comfortable.

Firstly, they are removing the centre section of the wall dividing the two bars to open the place up.

Second, the pool table in Obsessions, the one next to the internal swimming pool, is being removed & the area is being remodelled as a meeting place for those who like to gather & talk over a beer.

Thirdly, so the conversation can be heard above the impressive sound system, the speakers around this area will have separate volume controls allowing them to be set for comfort by the drinkers.

How this will all work remains to be seen, but at least it is a positive step. It shows that constructive criticism doesn't always fall on deaf ears.

I personally would like to see the entire wall that separates the two bars removed & just how effective the volume controls will be remains to be seen, the overall level of sound is loud.

By combining the atmosphere of the GoGo bars with a dedicated drinking area, plus the 30 to 40 staff, both LBs & GGs, some real babes too, all in bikinis or less, a spa you are welcome to dive into & an enclosed pool available for all, even the cynical may find something they like.

The drink prices are staying the same, an issue for some I know, I don't think they are unreasonable for what is on offer.

The changes are nearly completed, I look forward to the first reviews.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

we wait with a held breath
    i love t-girls

Comment

Another good change would be to not have the girls plunck a tip box on your table and stay there for almost a minute with the box.

Much easier than knocking down walls.

Comment

I thought a tiger never changes its stripes.  

Not sure if this analogy applies to Kittens.  

Cheers
        Koykaeng

editors note: I think they all belong to the same Genus !
        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Ahhh, the tip box, yes, it can be annoying but you only need to smile & say "no thanks" & they will will leave you alone.

The management tolerates it because the Thais believe they should be able to ask but there is no requirement to pay anything...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL!! Call Pat the manager if you feel pressured, he will sort out any problems, he did for me.

Comment

(pacman @ Oct. 09 2008,18:09) The management tolerates it because the Thais believe they should be able to ask...
            Good. I hope they won't mind if I bring my own tip box.

A good idea (if you are feeling a bit naughty) is to tip 1 baht. Thais consider this highly offensive and worse than no tip at all!

Comment

To be honest I find this all rather ironic and amusing as your original thread was!

Praising the bar
              Encouraging BM's to visit
              Implying we had all misjudged it

Then we hear about all the difficulties the owner has - unable to visit his own venue etc.
              NOW
              They are making changes. SO maybe it was not as good as first intimated.

They can tear down walls, reduce prices even promote BUT until the attitude changes it is still not on my list.

Tip Box - I pissed myself. When I visit a bar or a restaurant or a hooker venue I decide what I tip and when. Maybe change the name to Duchess of Kent - she is known, in the UK, as Miss Pushy. Oh and by the way clarity on prices would be a major step.

I still think they overcharge for basic drinks and that is why they need the tip box - customers feel that they have paid enough so will not tip. Think about it......

Comment

Think about what....      

that the place is not entitled to make changes?

that by your calculation they are expensive? that you feel the staff shouldn't ask for tips? that we had misjudged it?

Rossco, you are welcome to your opinion but I feel the Kitten Club won't be your first choice of watering hole.

The tip box is irrelevant to all other prices. It is a show of good faith expected of the farang owner.

When the owner is confronted by the highest authorities demanding to know why he feels entitled to make money from Thai people, allowing them the right to ask for tips becomes a secondary consideration.

No-one is forced to, a simple no is enough, but no way is it a a management practise or related to the pricing policy of the bar.

Once you have made your position clear on tips, you will find the attitude to be very agreeable.

Comment

The issue I had in there is girl after girl after girl came up uninvited, sat down, asked me a few questions (always the same) then asked for a drink and whined for 2 minutes because I didn't buy them one.  I have no problems buying drinks for staff, but it is the staff I CHOOSE. At Kitten Club, I couldn't even have the opportunity to choose someone to come sit with me because girl after girl came and sat down uninvited.  It first I figured they pegged me as a newbie but even after I spoke Thai, same thing happened.

And this DOES NOT happen frequently in other bars.  Even Obsession in NEP, I am left in relative peace until I choose who to come sit with me. Same in Cascade. Hell, in Cascade, there is a girl I took 2 nights in a row last trip, and when I walked into the bar and she was dancing, she didn't even rush over to me. She waited until I signaled her over.    

Management at Kitten Club can make all the physical changes they like, but until they create a comfortable atmosphere for the customer, it will mostly have only one-time customers that darken their door.

Comment

Pacman I respect your generosity in giving your support and guidance to Kitten Club

BUT

The owner obviously spent a great deal of money on furbishing the place but it does not 'draw' in the custom. Many points have been raised here re charges, pricing, attitude etc etc.

The Tip box is unique to Kittens and IMHO speaks volumes. The dancers do not seem to last long and that could be attributed to their required quota to receive their earnings. The place still reeks of a venue that conjures up many and any ideas to extract money.

By your own admission, the owner never enters the premises so hardly a guy to report back on internal changes - not by observation at least.

Re my favourite watering hole? This week (LB venues only):

EZY
                    Jenny Star Bar
                    La Bamba
                    Stringfellows
                    Pook Soi 6
                    So What Bar Soi 6
                    VIP Naklua

I look at most bars on a frequent basis - which is more than most tourists manage to do.

No other bar has a tip box nor do I have some one leaning over me every 5 minutes.

Most bars a customer can order a drink, entertain a hostess (if YOU choose) and enjoy a venue. Sorry but Kitten Club has never achieved that.

Maybe, if I want to share a jacuzzi, with some friends, I could be tempted, but I have too much respect for the public at large. It would not surprise me if the bar charged customers for someone to dance, bathe in the jacuzzi or even speak with a customer.

What is basically wrong is that instead of serving customers they invent 'ideas' to take greater revenue

If someone keeps promoting a bar that patently ignores the points raised then you can expect a poor response. The whole pricing structure should be simplified so that there are no 'time slots' nor 'extras' and no frigging Tip box - it is an insult to customers.

Using my favourite Tiger Beer standard (and no Tip box!) all the bars above are charging 80/90 baht a beer whereas Kittens is 120. The other bars do not bring around a tip box nor do the staff 'hover' so eagerly. Why pay 30% more for a less sincere hospitality venue.

Just my 2 cents worth - plus 1 cent tip!

Comment

(pacman @ Oct. 09 2008,22:19) Once you have made your position clear on tips, you will find the attitude to be very agreeable.
                      Complete rubbish.

Comment

(pacman @ Oct. 09 2008,22:19)     Think about what....      

that the place is not entitled to make changes?

that by your calculation they are expensive? that you feel the staff shouldn't ask for tips? that we had misjudged it?

Rossco, you are welcome to your opinion but I feel the Kitten Club won't be your first choice of watering hole.

The tip box is irrelevant to all other prices. It is a show of good faith expected of the farang owner.

When the owner is confronted by the highest authorities demanding to know why he feels entitled to make money from Thai people, allowing them the right to ask for tips becomes a secondary consideration.

No-one is forced to, a simple no is enough, but no way is it a a management practise or related to the pricing policy of the bar.

Once you have made your position clear on tips, you will find the attitude to be very agreeable.
                        Do you actually believe your own drivel? Why the hell does a bar need a tip box. Shit tipping is not even part of the Thai culture. The prices are on average about 30-40% higher than other ladyboy venues in Pattaya so why should anyone waste their time and money?

I have been to this place half a dozen times and every time without fail I have been asked for a lady drink almost before even buying my own. I know there is market for this place (idiots who do not know better) but to try to sell this to an educated forum like this shows you clearly have no respect for the others that read here.

Give it a rest

Comment

130 baht beers in the Kitten Club vs 40 baht in one of my favorite bars. That 90 baht differential is 3 meals for me.

So where will I drink and bring all my friends when they're in town?

But in fairness, I was in a good mood and had a good time during the one drink that I had there. Some guy got in the jacuzzi, think u pay the house 500 baht for that. I don't think customers can get in the jacuzzi at Peppermint or Club Bosche.

I didn't stay for a second drink though.

Comment

(rossco @ Oct. 09 2008,22:43) Pacman I respect your generosity
                            Pacman generous?
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I have agreed i will give the place a couple of visits to see if i was wrong about my last visit, after posting the details of the experience i was accused of trying to smear their name. Which is a certain "NO i was not"

However reading some of the previous posts i am leaning towards believing that my last visit was perhaps normal for the kitten club ( buy me a drink, are you giving me a tip etc) but a promise is a promise and i will try it as i said without bias.

I hope that kitten clubs changes do improve the place because i have seen some stunners in there from time to time,and another LB venue is always a good thing.

With regards to prices, well that is up to the customer. If he feels he gets value for money in way of the experience then he will pay it and return another time, if not he won't.

If we all liked the same things then Donny, Billy69, Matrix and Stoogie would have all the ladyboys

Comment

Working...
                              X