Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorbike Taxi rates depend on the distance and roads traveled. 20 THB and up depening on where you go.
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Samplerdoc you are correct but for a guy going to Jomtien - go figure.

I paid 30 Baht to go from Soi 13 to Soi Bukhouw (Pook Bar) - I still think with the roadworks between Pattaya and Jomtien I would prefer 4 wheels to 2...

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Jul. 19 2009,16:29) Cost of a MB taxi to Jomtien anyone? I have to make a trip across to Sally Bar at the end of Aug and am ignorant in the ways of Pattaya .
        I asked, from Sunee Plaza to Jomtien: 50 baht. I said before it was 40. He said yes, but gas cost more now.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(rossco @ Jul. 19 2009,17:11) Ivor

See Lefty's post. So you are at the intersection of Second Road and Pattaya Tai - facing South. Pattaya Tai to the Beach on your right. Walk straight across and you will see a line of Baht Buses. - as Lefty says wlak past them and flag/hail a bus - just check he is going to Jomtien. In Jomtien as the baht goes along Beach Front look for Soi 5.

Ring bell and alight - 10 or maybe 20 Baht. Sallys' is 100 Meters up on your left

Personally I avoid the MB taxis, especially on longer runs, as your life expectancy MAY decrease with each journey and I have never understood their tariff which is represented by the number of fingers presented to you - not sure what he does for 100 Baht or more!
          If you get on a bus going south, south of Pattaya Tai, everyone I ever rode, went to Jomtien. If there is another possible route, I am not aware of it.
          The fare has been 10 for a long time. I'm sure the drivers would accept a 10 baht tip if someone wants to pay 20. I like to have exact change, but I've regularly seen others hand the driver a 20 and get change back.

They most important thing, as has been mentioned, is get one that is moving, to stop for you. If one is parked along the route and the driver says: "taxi?", ignore him and do not board his bus.
          ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

VMT Rosscoe, will bear it in mind for Aug. Am quite comfortable on MB taxis- do 10 km journeys from patong  over the hill to Kamala on them when I don't fancy the walk (cost B150-200). Fortunately my BUPA policy has a MB taxi passenger clause but touch wood I haven't needed it yet. Still not brave enough to go Patong-Kathu by MB though!
            Master B- thanks for the offer

FYI any MB taxi around Patong should not cost more than B50-60 per journey. As for tuk tuks I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than use them so I can't comment on current prices.
            I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Lefty

Some buses go to Prathumak Hill - not the most popular route but if in doubt shout (ask).

Comment

(rossco @ Jul. 19 2009,21:53) Samplerdoc you are correct but for a guy going to Jomtien - go figure.

I paid 30 Baht to go from Soi 13 to Soi Bukhouw (Pook Bar) - I still think with the roadworks between Pattaya and Jomtien I would prefer 4 wheels to 2...
                Having a MB, I still would choose the Baht Bus for safety reasons on that journey for that very reason and saves on gas
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(rossco @ Jul. 20 2009,17:52) Lefty

Some buses go to Prathumak Hill - not the most popular route but if in doubt shout (ask).
                  I've just been lucky then I guess. Because 90% of the time when going to Jomtien, I catch the bus on the corner of Soi VC or Soi Yensabai, I've never asked, and always got taken to Jomtien, same old route.
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Are there baht buses available to go from Jomtien back to Pattaya late at night?

Comment

(jhcal26 @ Jul. 21 2009,15:01) Are there baht buses available to go from Jomtien back to Pattaya late at night?
                      Seems like we have caught them to go back around midnight, although there are not as many running that late. Not sure about around 2am. Though my guess is there would still be a few. At midnight, we just had to wait a little longer for one to come by but still never more than a few minutes, as I recall. Not came back late since I've returned this year. Bar 54 was the late night attraction before, but with no Pollar, Pin, Aoy, Pookie, etc, no reason to go to 54 anymore.
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 18 2009,16:57) But whatever you do...Don't ever talk to the driver before you get on...If you do, you just added
                        100 baht to your ride...
                        I just phone Me old Dad up, meet him at the entrance to walking street & then He shows Me where to go & where not to go, still don't know wot Baht bus's to use & where they go

Hey but that's wot Dads are for
                        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(jhcal26 @ Jul. 21 2009,15:01) Are there baht buses available to go from Jomtien back to Pattaya late at night?
                          As mentioned  by Lefty not as frequent, but yes they do seem to go back to Pattaya throughout the night.  I have left Sally's a few times around 3 am and managed to catch one within 5 mins of waiting.

Comment

Working...
                          X