Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(kahuna @ Aug. 10 2010,07:15) Police arrested Nirut Rakmooklang, 35, and charged him with human trafficking, running a prostitution business, employing minors and allowing minors on the premises.
    And his back running the bar again, this is the guy with the paunch in the photo.( I think the photo may be in another thread but u know whom i talk of.)

crikey , no wonder im cynical , if it were you or me we would still be rotting in the slammer. Seems as if all he got was a parking ticket  

TIT

Comment

(Tomcat @ Oct. 21 2010,05:00) crikey , no wonder im cynical , if it were you or me we would still be rotting in the slammer.
      Probably not. Your brown bills are as brown as his are. But you might need more of them than he did to get out.

Comment

Just re-discovered the following article about the Thai justice system originally featured in the Bangkok Post in Feb 2008.

NOTE:-  the article describes what happens to a Thai in the event of a serious crime.
        Falangs would under most circumstances be allowed access to a lawyer at an earlier stage as per the system in the West.

One important point to note if you or anyone you know are arrested:-

It is not generally known, but you have Miranda rights at police stations as far back as the Thai Criminal Procedures Code of 1984.

This is the equivalent of what the Thai police are required to read to anyone in custody, not necessarily even arrested:
        "You have the right to remain silent.  If you give up the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law.
        You have the right to an attorney. If you desire an attorney and cannot afford one, an attorney will be obtained for you before police questioning."

There are no lawyers at any police station in Thailand, which means that everything that goes on there can be thrown out by a judge.
        All is not lost, however [for the police]. Law enforcement would then have the more difficult task of putting the case together from witnesses.

It is ironical that the rights you have at a police station are lost once you get to the courthouse.
        The whole article is here:-     "The Pointing Room"

As yet I have been unable to find the first part of this article.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Working...
        X