X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya Reality check

I'm sure I will get attacked for this but here goes.

For the last two nights I have trawled through nearly every LB bar in Pattaya (ok I missed Litas, but have been told they had maybe 8-10). Maybe I am just just hitting the 'low' season but of the bars I visited, I was surprised at the lack of quantity of girls. Its been a while since I went around lots of bars in Pattaya. However in a nutshell here are the numbers I saw:-

Club 131 - circa 10 ladyboys
    Stringfellows - 7 ladyboys + 3 barfined out (according to the board)
    XXX - Maybe 10 ladyboys max
    Goldfingers - 12 ladyboys (incl those barfined out)
    Blue Ice - 8 ladyboys
    JSB - 14 ladyboys

(off these I would question how many in XXX and Blue Ice are even of a legal age, but assume they are for this analysis)

So the total in 6 bars I hit = 60 odd ladyboys. I am not discussing the quality (and from what I saw, there are some very very cute gals in everybar) - however this is less than work in Obsession on any given night.

Maybe I am missing something but what exactly has changed that makes Pattaya such a sudden improvement over Bangkok when all these 6 bars cannot even muster as many staff working in the largest BKK bar? Counting the Nana area as a whole among 5 bars you have over 200 ladyboys. Sure, you can search among the 3000+ bars in Pattaya in search of your dream girl but really who wants to do that?

Am I missing something here? I am beginning to wonder exactly what it is I should be looking for or even missing.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Damn right you're going to get attacked...Stogie is on his way over to your house with a platoon of Kaos femboys as I type...

Seriously, part of the attraction might be the unknown factor...you know exactly what you're gonna get when you go to the BKK bars...I'm home right now, but I can picture the bars and most of the girls in my mind's eye...the familiar...

In Pattaya, aside form the bars you have listed, you never know what might be around the next corner, down the next soi or in the next little beer bar...the girls are everywhere...the unknown...And part of the joy is the hunt...

Moreover, and I may stand all alone with this opinion, I believe that the Pattaya girls generally have a much different attitude than the BKK girls...I can't really define it, but it is different...and I my opinion, it's a better attitude...more relaxed....less business like...just something different that is welcome by a few of us who have perhaps spent too much time in BKK...

Nothing scientific or even educated...just my thoughts...I'll be interested to see what other, more experienced Pattaya guys post...

Cheers,

Kahuna
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Am I missing something here?
      Yes - I think you are...

While the bars are great to pop in and out of and to meet up with chums the vast majority of the girls that I go for don't work at these places and I often accidently stumble on ladyboys who are scattered in their hundreds in the GG bars and streets up and down the length and breadth of Pattaya...

For me it certainly IS the new oasis! Cheaper and more plentiful than Bangkok with more of the kind of girls I like too!

Comment

Valid points guys and I dont disagree with either view.   Just out of interest when was the last time either of when in BKK went to Sukhumvit Soi 22 just on the off chance of bumping into probably half a dozen ladyboys who work in the beer bar plaza?    Or equally the last time you popped into Soi 4 Ratchada, or various bars in Thonglor?  How about various bars in Kao San Road, which are packed with ladyboys?

Not being critical but BKK really still remains the definative oasis for LB's in an easy to pick up situation.     Last night when walking back to my car I came across loads of LB skanks - lucky I had my umbrella to fend them off, but thats another story (probably for the Pattaya Mail and "farang reports knicked wallet")

by the way both Koykaeng and I agreed we have found Stogies next ex wife in the cabaret bar in Soi9 - I am sure he will show you her pics......

In a nutshell, I dont anything has changed in the last 6 years of having a house in Pattaya, except we have a couple more venues. The quantity has upped slightly (but so has the population of the city), the quality has gone up (but so has everywhere) - but its not like something 'awesome' has occured in the last 6 months

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

How things have changed since last i freqeunted this site lol... Last i heard Stogie u hated the place.....
          Up The Ass Of Every Successful Business Man Lies a Ladboys Thick Long Cock!

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 09 2007,05:41) by the way both Koykaeng and I agreed we have found Stogies next ex wife in the cabaret bar in Soi9
            If it's the one I think it is - I already introduced Stogie to her!! Haha!
            TT

Comment

There certainly are loads of ladyboys in Bangkok but they are not all connected by a 10 Baht bus ride!

Nice try, Mardhi!

Comment

The Pattaya ladyboys are nearly as hot. Girls like Nikki, Moo(before head shave). Emma, and other superstars are just as hot as the top notch girls in BKK. In BKK the girls are flirty in the bar but more business-like in the room. This is especially true for GG's where the difference in attitude is night and day between BKK and Pattaya. The influx of Japanese businessmen and tourists also fuck up the attitude of BKK girls as the Japanese mongers tip too high and have low expectations of service.
                brock landers

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 08 2007,14:21) In Pattaya, aside form the bars you have listed, you never know what might be around the next corner, down the next soi or in the next little beer bar...

In my experince ladyboys who work in girl bars have a much better attitude than those who work ladyboy bars.

But if one doesn't want to hunt, easy enough to go to a ladyboy only venue.

Ladyboys, hotels, food, massage...........in Pattaya it's half the price of BKK.  And as Stogie says all connected by a 10 baht baht-bus.    

With the new airport in betwen Bangkok and Pattaya, I have no reason to pay BKK prices for anything.

Comment

I have a better experience in Pattaya, if I find a girl I like she will stay with me for a few days, we will go to the beach see a movie, disco at night, etc... [and all at a reasonable price]. In Bangkok its more slam bam thank you John, "now I want to go back to my bar"....and get another round in tonight. Even if do take a Bangkok girl long time, I get some excuse or another why they have to go (school, sick friend, etc...)

If you like the GFE - Pattaya is the way to go.

Oh....The sex is better also.

Comment

(thaimeup @ Aug. 09 2007,11:26) If you like the GFE - Pattaya is the way to go.

Oh....The sex is better also.
                      And if you don't really like Pattaya or just get tired of it...the Pattaya girls are more than happy to come to BKK for a visit...I had one come over last trip who had never been to BKK before...it was great fun showing her Bangkok and acting the tour guide...I didn't think I would ever get her off of BTS...

Comment

I was planning on doing that last weekend....but went to Pattaya myself instead. Maybe next weekend.

Comment

In fact...I'm coming over next month for a 2 or 3 month tour and I think I'm gonna make Pattaya my base and just visit BKK (and other places) now and again...Less expensive...more relaxed... and more to do...

Comment

I'd draw the line at making Pattaya my base. It's just not enough to have a more, cheaper and varied selection of ladyboys. Pattaya as a town is unliveable because of the farangs, Russians and Arabs all fighting with the worst kind of Thais over your money, walking space and air!

It's one thing to be an occasional visitor for a couple of weeks, or a resident (like me) who pops over for a day or two each week. It's quite another to live there for an extended tour of duty. Whilst it's certainly a lot cheaper than Bangkok it's still not where I'd feel comfortable living.

A good point was raised about bringing the Pattaya girls to Bangkok. I've only done this once (with Tang) but I'll be doing it again more and more. This is a great idea. You get a great ladyboy with a great attitude for a few days who actually isn't 'on the clock' with you!

Comment

Fuck off the lot of you back to BKK and leave pattaya to me and 69billy

Sigh....oh, for the good old days

PS - I had actually been wondering if Guess Bar was hurting with many of its best customers spending more and more time in Pattaya???
                              Mister Arse

Comment

Working...
                              X