X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's done by height....

kindda sorta...short, medium, tall, giants...

And obviously the girls dancing next to each other umteen times each night tend to become friends...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(PigDogg @ Aug. 11 2007,14:47)                  

Bangkok      =  New York City
      Pattaya       =  Las Vegas
      Phuket        =  Miami
      Ko Samui    =  Key West

Everyone's different, where would you like to vacation in the USA?  Then pick the matching choice in the LOS.

Any changes or additions to the above guys?

Yeah, I know Vegas is in the desert and Pattaya supposedly is a beach town.    
      but there are more and better places to go swimming in vegas in fact, i believe there are at least two or three real white-sand beaches with *waves* near the Strip. (the Palms? the Hard Rock? etc) and that would be more than in pattaya

but the samet-key west comparison shocked me as i didn't know samet had gone

Comment

(thaibound @ Aug. 11 2007,19:45) but the samet-key west comparison shocked me as i didn't know samet had gone  
        Neither Ko Samui nor Ko Samet has a strong gay prescence. One in search of a gay holiday would be better off elsewhere.

I felt Samui has a somewhat more laid back vibe than Phuket so equated it to Key West.

Comment

It's done by height....
          I laughed when I read that and then I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Is it true?

I think there are close to 100 girls on the books. I'd say that the bar tops out at about 75 on a busy night and about 60 on a quiet night.

Interesting - I'll try to do a head count next time I'm in there...

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 13 2007,07:28)
            It's done by height....
            I laughed when I read that and then I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. Is it true?
            Yep...Straight from Mama Riga's mouth one evening...Seemed obvious to me so I asked her one evening...
            What is very laughable though, it that the Scarecrow refers to the tallest group as the Water Buffaloes ...kinda like the pot calling the kettle....huh?

I beleive Cascades follows the same groupings too....
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

well Mardhi...i think its also a matter of the internet coverage of the LB scene...

i think that Guess bar is the only LB bar in bkk who actually USE the internet....

Franck started to promote his place in pattaya...it quickly became populair...and a lot of other barowners in patty had to follow...suddenly we saw bob and karl also use this oppertunity..
              so yes...maybe there are more LB`s in BKK...but the charm of the LB bars in patty...is that they are small and filled with atmosphere...just like Guess.....and not like obsession-cascade-and the rest of "the big places"....i think they must be thaiowned....and thai-logic tells them not to advertise...

personally i prefer the small intimate bars...where i know the names of the girls...and thats why the only place i will stop in BKK next month...is Guess...
              all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

Obsession employes 98 LBs according to the mamasan but they aren't all there every night.

I think PigDogg's comparison was pretty good. For me, Pattaya, is cheap, dirty, dangerous, very few good food places, no discos a la BKK. And for LBs, there is no comparison, BKK has probably on the order of 1000x times Pattaya.

But what it really has going for it is compactness and the baht buses. As Mardhi said, u can find LBs in many if not most Sois in BBK that have bars, all major sois certainly, even Lumphini Park, but the problem is getting around that is a bit annoying sometimes, and often, just not worth the trouble.

Comment

No discos ?
                  Where you been going ? - There is Marine 1 and 2; Insomnia, Xyzite and couple more I can't remember right now. And they are open till 4 and sometimes 6. When it comes to Discos Pattaya Wins.
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I only know Insomnia in those.

Do they compare in quality to Tunnel, QBar, Studio of Sound, Novotel, Mystic (of old)?

Comment

Ministry of Sound is still the best, but no point in making the comparison.

Music and Energy wise I have a lot of fun in the Pattaya Discos. QBar was never my style, Bed is good but more of a lounge feel then a dance club, Novotel CM2 is just weird and I have not been to Tunnel yet.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Aug. 14 2007,00:33) Obsession employes 98 LBs according to the mamasan but they aren't all there every night.

I think PigDogg's comparison was pretty good. For me, Pattaya, is cheap, dirty, dangerous, very few good food places, no discos a la BKK. And for LBs, there is no comparison, BKK has probably on the order of 1000x times Pattaya.

But what it really has going for it is compactness and the baht buses. As Mardhi said, u can find LBs in many if not most Sois in BBK that have bars, all major sois certainly, even Lumphini Park, but the problem is getting around that is a bit annoying sometimes, and often, just not worth the trouble.
                        Bkk is 1000x times better then Pattay..I bet most of you will have a good time in BKK...
                        Pattaya is just a shit hole..
                        So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Pattaya is just a shit hole...
                          It is? You're not just saying that, are you?

Comment

(Snick @ Aug. 14 2007,02:20) No discos ?
                            Where you been going ? - There is Marine 1 and 2; Insomnia, Xyzite and couple more I can't remember right now. And they are open till 4 and sometimes 6. When it comes to Discos Pattaya Wins.
                            Not forgetting Lucifers, Candy Store, Hammer, Slim and Embassy along with at least six others which are more for Thai patrons in North Pattaya and on Third Rd.

Comment

Lucifers doesn't allow LBs, and is the one place I'd like to sue.

Anyhow, I get the point, I'm not a disco expert. Agreed!

Comment

Thats why I didn't mention Lucifer in my list, Marine I can be a problem too - but slipping the guard 100 baht always works

Comment

Working...
                                X