Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, there is more information about freelancers now that will be very helpful for the punters, but some things are still not so clear.

A barfine of the usual fee is payable at the bar where you happen to pick up the freelancer. Now, will the bar inform the punter before the barfine is paid, if the girl is under 18? That would be great if this is the case.

The other question that has been brought up but not answered is why do some bars allow freelancers under 18 years to work their bars, and in other cases why some salaried staff are under 18 years of age? Kudos to some bars who have dismissed salaried staff who have been reported to be under 18, but why were they even hired in the first place?

Answers to these and the other questions raised would be very useful, as we all want to enjoy the LOS without the specter of being caught with an underage companion!

Some bars have been quite good at listing their salaried staff, which helps - but if underage freelancers were kept out that would even be better - regardless of how "good" they look!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

SB, some hotels take tips from underage girls to allow them up to your room. Some just don't take the cards to avoid responsibility. I think this isn't a very secure way of vetting. The only very secure way is look at her ID card yourself, but that's quite awkward. But if in doubt, it's probably a wise thing to do. The Pattaya Daily seems to have one story a week on guys nabbed for going with underage girls; maybe the police have a quota.

Comment

I seriously doubt the answer you will get on here will be what is applied in reality by a Thai owner and cashier in the 'fluid' nature of this situation.

I can tell you how it works in Guess Bar, but dont expect the same from other bars:-

1. If the girl works in Guess Bar, either as salaried or freelancer, she receives drink commissions, share of the barfine and % of the overall tips (dont forget Guess dont have service staff - the girls do it themselves and so share in the general tips). Every girl in Guess is registered with copies of ID cards held.

2. The barfine for either salary or freelancer is the same - for the simple reason it causes too many issues if it was anyother way.

3. Any ladydrink for a girl is the same price as a customer drink - the bar funds the difference for a ladydrink commission as its typically being bought along with a customer drink, so the bar is still ahead. This also means that the drink remain easy to control and manage as everything is just one price.

4. Any outside (not Guess) Girl, is charged same as customer price - she does not receive a drink commission and she is only admitted when she comes in with a guy or is known (ie May from Obsession) to the bar and is waiting to meet a guy and maybe early. A girl who walks in the bar alone and cannot provide a suitable explanation of why they are there is asked to leave and not served drinks.

The above is easy to control in Guess because the vast majority of staff are salaried and all of them are over 20 years old. I would say its logistically impossible for a bar in Pattaya to properly and effectively manage this which is probably why JSB has gone through the change it has - basically nobody seemed to know who was JSB 'regular' girls or just someone loitering whom they did not know and seems to me that the issue of theft/problems stems primarily from the more freelance freelancers if you get my drift.

However as we have seen from the change is JSB, there are plenty of other bars, willing to pick up the outcasts and allow them to 'loiter' around their bar as the more girls tends to attract more guys - thats where the age issues and questions about reliability of said LB's comes into play.

I am surprised that nobody has yet opened a totally freelance bar in Pattaya which does away with barfines, lady drink commissions etc and just ensures they undertake a age ID check when the girl enters the bar - that seems to me to be the best business model given the huge amount of freelancers working the streets in Pattaya, however it may be self defeating as to enter a bar like that - you need to be 20 years old - which is probably why nobody has done it yet.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

actually...there is a lot of questions in this matter as described..

1) WHY does the bars allow freelancers who are under 18?? it can not be because they serve as bartenders...its against the law as far as i know...

2)WHY does a bar demand BF from a freelancer?? if they do...then why havent they checked her age..??

if i ever had trouble like this....i would personally make the barowner "postop" the minute i was out of jail...and it would be without anastesia....

i think all the barowners has the duty to us costumers,that make sure we dont go into this kind of trouble...after all...the most of us recomend newbies to pick the girls from the bars,instead of the road,so they can be sure that all is allright...but with loose "rules" like the freelancers opens up to...they can be in deep shit...

so Karl....even if i DO understand your side of the view...it would be nice to have YOUR answer on my questions...
          all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

SB, some hotels take tips from underage girls to allow them up to your room...
            Of course there are a multitude of hotels that don't vet their guests and don't give a hoot who you share your bed with. It's Pattaya and Thailand after all and we know there are places you can sneak off to if you want to shag an underaged girl.

My point is that you can take sensible precautions to protect yourself that trump relying on the bars and checking a dodgy ID by yourself and the best way I have found so far is to find a responsible hotel to do it for you.

The Pattaya Bay Resort and The Pattaya Centre Hotel are ALWAYS very strict about this. That's why I have used them.

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 13 2007,17:09) I seriously doubt the answer you will get on here will be what is applied in reality by a Thai owner and cashier in the 'fluid' nature of this situation.    

I can tell you how it works in Guess Bar, but dont expect the same from other bars:-

1. If the girl works in Guess Bar, either as salaried or freelancer, she receives drink commissions, share of the barfine and % of the overall tips (dont forget Guess dont have service staff - the girls do it themselves and so share in the general tips).  Every girl in Guess is registered with copies of ID cards held.

2. The barfine for either salary or freelancer is the same - for the simple reason it causes too many issues if it was anyother way.

3. Any ladydrink for a girl is the same price as a customer drink - the bar funds the difference for a ladydrink commission as its typically being bought along with a customer drink, so the bar is still ahead.    This also means that the drink remain easy to control and manage as everything is just one price.  

4. Any outside (not Guess) Girl, is charged same as customer price - she does not receive a drink commission and she is only admitted when she comes in with a guy or is known (ie May from Obsession) to the bar and is waiting to meet a guy and maybe early.    A girl who walks in the bar alone and cannot provide a suitable explanation of why they are there is asked to leave and not served drinks.    

The above is easy to control in Guess because the vast majority of staff are salaried and all of them are over 20 years old.     I would say its logistically impossible for a bar in Pattaya to properly and effectively manage this which is probably why JSB has gone through the change it has - basically nobody seemed to know who was JSB 'regular' girls or just someone loitering whom they did not know and seems to me that the issue of theft/problems stems primarily from the more freelance freelancers if you get my drift.

However as we have seen from the change is JSB, there are plenty of other bars, willing to pick up the outcasts and allow them to 'loiter' around their bar as the more girls tends to attract more guys - thats where the age issues and questions about reliability of said LB's comes into play.  

I am surprised that nobody has yet opened a totally freelance bar in Pattaya which does away with barfines, lady drink commissions etc and just ensures they undertake a age ID check when the girl enters the bar - that seems to me to be the best business model given the huge amount of freelancers working the streets in Pattaya, however it may be self defeating as to enter a bar like that - you need to be 20 years old - which is probably why nobody has done it yet.

Cheers
              Mardhi
              thanx Mardhi...nice to see a bar with responsibillity to the costumers.... but i wasnt shocked that it would be Guess bar...

just a quick question regarding point 2 ( only 4 my own curiosity) does the freelancer get a share of the fine??
              all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

Yes they do - not that there are that many anymore - I think its currently 3 that are allowed to freelance out of 21 staff. They also get drink commissions and share of tips. No new staff are being allowed to work on a freelance basis though - it causes too many logistic issues in the bar in terms of when they arrive.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 13 2007,17:48) Yes they do - not that there are that many anymore - I think its currently 3 that are allowed to freelance out of 21 staff.     They also get drink commissions and share of tips.   No new staff are being allowed to work on a freelance basis though - it causes too many logistic issues in the bar in terms of when they arrive.  

Cheers
                  Mardhi
                  thanx 4 the answer...
                  hmmmmm but still .....IMHO... then karl have a problem....if his expletion is that they didnt want to miss the barfine..and they have not controlled her age...

Comment

so let me get this straight, I pay a barfine(to the bar) for a girl whose phone number I may receive while she sits in that bar BUT if I get a phone number from a girl I may meet walking on the street, I don't need to search out the bar where she may have last sat in order to pay them a barfine? And what about the phone number I get before I even arrive in BKK or Pattaya......pay the barfine when I arrive in LOS to her most recent bar she sat in or "worked"? I'm playing pool at the large pool room on Walking Street at 2:30 AM and meet an LB who decides we need some ball and stick activity at her place......I pay a barfine to the bar where she might have been sitting 2 hours before? Sounds way to complicated to me.
                    ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

We are headed off topic a bit here... there are social rules about bar fines but as you say they are complicated.

If I want to take Cindy out I'll call her at home and avoid the bar but I'll still tack on 600 Baht for the bar fine as she'll have to pay it for taking the night off work. So in that case it makes sense.

But in Pattaya I'll phone up Tang and have her meet me at my hotel. I'll pay her a Bangkok rate because I like her and I assume that if there's a bar fine to be paid then she'll take care of it, not me.

Comment

But in Pattaya I'll phone up Tang and have her meet me at my hotel. I'll pay her a Bangkok rate because I like her and I assume that if there's a bar fine to be paid then she'll take care of it, not me.
                        ..I like that approach too.....let the LB take care of what she feels is proper etiquette      
                        ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(batman4ever @ Aug. 13 2007,11:26) i think all the barowners has the duty to us costumers,that make sure we dont go into this kind of trouble..
                          Only duty bar owners have is to make money...99.99% don't give a shit...Only time they may care if they know you..Don't forget most of the costumers are not regulars ,there just passing tourist...TIT
                          So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Only duty bar owners have is to make money...99.99% don't give a shit...Only time they may care if they know you..Don't forget most of the costumers are not regulars ,there just passing tourist... TIT

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 14 2007,04:29)
                              Only duty bar owners have is to make money...99.99% don't give a shit...Only time they may care if they know you..Don't forget most of the costumers are not regulars ,there just passing tourist... TIT

I for one think we should out the bars that knowingly employ or let freelancers who are underage into their bar. This may at least make the bar owners at least sit up and take notice.

Most customers have no idea how to read and id card and as has already been stated I would not trust the hotels to do the vetting. Given mamasans are usually Thai and can spot a fake id I think they should be the ones to ensure the customer is not knowingly going with and underage girl.

I mean a freelancer is effectively a customer in the bar so she should be at least 20 anyway.

Tell me why can't the mamasan copy the id of each girl that walks into their bar and if the girl does not co-operate tell them to leave.

This is the sort of service I would expect this forum to provide at least then customers can make informed decisions.

Comment

(69billy @ Aug. 14 2007,01:10) Only duty bar owners have is to make money...
                                And they are using this Forum to advertise...
                                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X