Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some topics:
    1) i am not en english native speaker, so i apologise for any mistakes;
    2) yes, maybe i as mistaken about Patpong, probably it was NEP i was thinking of...to much time away from LOS!
    3) thank you for the information you gave me;
    4) The price of booze is important for me, like the price of a meal, or a taxi ride. Even if i travel half the world (or just because of that).;
    5) Prices of beers have been discussed several times, maybe also by the same guys who seemed some kind of bothered by my post...
    Anyway, Cheers everybody!  

Comment

Batman, I don't do irony...that's the wife's job (I've been waiting weeks to use that line), we could be a great double act when we meet in BKK in 10 days time.

Yes Mardhi I was just having a laugh, certainly not having a go at the drinks prices at Guess. In fact I look forward to sampling a few of your attractively priced beverages on the 17th.
      SB is right though this topic is certainly more pertinent when you live there, because I'm only around for a few days at a time I don't notice as much, I just wish you could buy red wine at a half reasonable price and something approaching cellar temperature. If that were the case I would have about two beers a day and stick to my usual tsunami of shiraz.
      When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy...poverty

Comment

There is usually a happy hour in NEP at places like The Cat House which is directly above big dogs that goes from 2pm - 7pm where you can get 40 baht Chang and 60 baht Heineken, San Miguel Lite.

Comment

Can't beat the 35 baht bottle beer at Minnie bar soi 7.
          Yep 35 baht all day for heineken, Tiger , Singha.
          From time to time some LB working there.

Isn't still too expensive for ur taste ?

Comment

(mlay @ Sep. 06 2007,16:56) Can't beat the 35 baht bottle beer at Minnie bar soi 7.

mlay..When was that?

When I was there last Jul.First few nights it was 35bt but then they put the price up to normal 70 bt..No more Happy Hr.
            So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Been Drinking too much too log on here lately but I say the Ole 7-11
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(69billy @ Sep. 07 2007,00:07)
                (mlay @ Sep. 06 2007,16:56) Can't beat the 35 baht bottle beer at Minnie bar soi 7.

mlay..When was that?

When I was there last Jul.First few nights it was 35bt but then they put the price up to normal 70 bt..No more Happy Hr.
                last june Billy !
                as far i can remember..
                had Tiger there from 4pm to 10 pm and i always paid 35 baht !

Comment

(mardhi @ Sep. 04 2007,23:50) You also have to be aware that in some gogo's they do NOT serve premium spirits, even if you see it coming from a premium spirit bottle.    
                  I think this is a common occurence everywhere not just in the LOS.  That's what friends of mine did who owned a bar. Many customers can't tell unless if they're drinking it straight up.  Just too tempting for most bar owners.

Another good reason to frequent establishments such as Guess and 131.

Comment

(filipef @ Sep. 05 2007,08:56) 4) The price of booze is important for me, like the price of a meal, or a taxi ride. Even if i travel half the world (or just because of that).;

Everyone is on a different budget.

After the plane fare is paid some folks only have 1000 USD for their holiday and smart pre-planning can stretch your money quite far.

I like to be informed of my options and alternatives and not overpay for shit.  One way to save is to not drop off your laundry with your hotel, just another middleman to take a cut.

And to fill the hotel fridge with your stuff and not pay inflated prices for their stuff.

The laundry and mini bar ideas above may sound excesively cheap (maybe they are) but if a 7/11 and a laundry is one minute from the hotel why not save a few baht?  This stuff all adds up.

Saw some places on Soi Buckhow serving 45 baht beers up till 20:00.  Good deal provided that's where you want to drink.

A beers price can be broken down into the cost of the beer and a cover charge of sorts.  You can buy a Beer Chang in a 7/11 for 25 baht so if you pay 75 baht at 131 it's 50 baht extra for having a ladyboys's hand on your thigh.

One nice thing about 131 is their menu of drink prices.  This is hard to find in most bars on any continent.  As a customer it's someting i appreciate.

Truth be told what I like most is a bar when I'm treated as a valuable customer.  Franck's hospitality at 131 is second to none.

But some of the best times can be in anonymous beer bars where the staff has the right attitude.  When everyon's happy and joking that's when I'll open my wallet and start buying lots of drinks for the girls.

For the financially challenged go to Pattaya where your two biggest expenses, hotels and going rate for the girls are cheaper than in Bangkok.

Learn the going rates for the girls so you can decide for yourself if you wish to pay the going rate or prefer to pay more.  And I'm convinced the weekly rate at the Pattaya Bay Resort is the best deal around right now.

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 05 2007,08:45) I like to get a 100 Baht bottle on Sangsom and sit on the curb drinking.
                      I know you're just kidding, Snick.

When I see you drinking Sangsom, you are usually lying in the gutter.
                      "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

But I start on the curb !
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I get tanked up on 'home brew' before I set a (wobbly) foot outside!

Comment

No fair !!! You added just for this thread !!!
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Guilty!

Comment

I think it's better to go to the bar you want (the reason you come here in the first place), versus worrying about <0.50 cents difference in the price of a beer.

If you're concerned about cost and not being able to get drunk on your budget, buy Thai whiskey and slug it before you leave the hotel, just like during high school, and after when you get back!

Comment

Working...
                                X