X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Snick @ Mar. 23 2009,08:20) 12go, is utter crap
    Their safety and maintenance record is very poor.
    Snick you mean Faked Records
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

At least they have records
      I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 22 2009,20:20) 12go, is utter crap
        Their safety and maintenance record is very poor.
        Pilots I know say the same thing.
        Their is never ANY reason to fly them instead of Thai,Nok or Air Asia

My personal preference is to fly Air Asia, but I will use Nok,Thai or Bangkok Air if the schedule/price is better. I would never get on a 12go plane, even if it meant having to catch a flight another day.
        I used them once for a RT to Phuket and swore I'd never use them again. I'd ride the bus from Bkk to Phuket before flying one2go again.

I agree about AIR Asia. Their deals are generally the best and where I will always look first. Nok would not let me pay on line with my USA bank card. Air Asia allows this. That makes a difference too.
        If Bangkok Air EVER has the best fare price, it would probably be the first time.
        They are close to double Air Asia rates on some of the itineraries I've checked.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Yes but they do offer a sandwich and drink

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(parada @ Mar. 22 2009,20:58) ive never had prob with bkk airways, airasia or 12go
            steviep
            I have flown 1,2,Go, Air asia, and Thai airways. Thai Air has cut back food service from sandwich to muffin. Never had any problems with all three until last trip from Phuket to BKK an Thai moved me from my 1:30 to 3:00 flight, telling me it was cancelled then i saw it on the board and had to go back and demand my seat. they said it was full, and I said they are full of shit. They got me on but then when i went to gate they paged me and an agent came and got me to help find my bag downstairs to get it on flight I was suppoosed to be on. So couldn't find it and they couldn't gaurantee it would be on 1:30 and might come on 3:00 o'clock flt. Luckily it showed up when I did.

The only difference I see with Thai air is the size of plane and number or air hostesses and a little better snack.

I would love to hear Sampler Doc elaborate on his staement Thai Air's the best. then again would love to hear him elaborate on anything.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Apr. 19 2009,08:15) I would love to hear Sampler Doc elaborate on his staement Thai Air's the best. then again would love to hear him elaborate on anything.

careful what you wish for!

Comment

(Lefty @ Apr. 18 2009,18:09) I agree about AIR Asia. Their deals are generally the best and where I will always look first.
                What I've been finding with Air Asia if going from A to B that sometimes all flights from A to B are more expensive than any flights from B to A or vice versa.

So you can fly one way and take alternative transport the other way.

Comment

(azza33 @ Apr. 18 2009,20:43)

Yes but they do offer a sandwich and drink
                  Bangkok Air though refers to themselves as Asia's Boutique Airline. Maybe it is worth double for the boutique feature. It may make the long grueling flight from BKK to Phuket more bearable.
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(PigDogg @ Apr. 19 2009,14:20)
                    (Lefty @ Apr. 18 2009,18:09) I agree about AIR Asia. Their deals are generally the best and where I will always look first.
                    What I've been finding with Air Asia if going from A to B that sometimes all flights from A to B are more expensive than any flights from B to A or vice versa.

So you can fly one way and take alternative transport the other way.
                    I've seen some of those type of fare differences when browsing their site. Usually it was when the first half of the flight was to a location that would not be comparatively a popular destination.

For shits and giggles, I just checked the fare if I was to fly RT from Bkk to Phuket 27 May and return 30 Jun.
                    The best rate including taxes for Bangkok Air was 3520
                    The best rate including taxes on Air Asia was 1530
                    Both legs were the same basic fare before taxes on AA, but on BKK Air the return leg was slightly higher.
                    I decided to check Nok on the same days and the total came to 3380. On Nok, the return leg was a little less than the first leg, the opposite of BKK Air.
                    I wonder how Air Asia can stay in business at such low rates.
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

I just got AA the other day Phuket-Bkk return for B1500, far cheaper than driving up.

Comment

(Lefty @ Apr. 30 2009,12:38) I wonder how Air Asia can stay in business at such low rates.
                        Volume my dear boy, volume
                        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

I like a good muffin

Comment

Working...
                          X