Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halla- the 'market thingy' on Nanai Road is Mae Ubol Market, approx 1km South of the 'Soi Banzaan' turnoff
    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Ivor : can u provide more information on how to get to the issan BBQ on nanai road ?...sounds interesting..

Comment

If you get on to Nanai either at the north end or up from 'Soi Bansaan head south along Nanai past Nanai 2 and the Offshore Bar on your right. Keep going approx 300m and the BBQ is on your left just before the bend. Big yellow skip and Hideaway Spa next to it. Carry on South down Nanai and Mae Ubol market is on your right- another god place to eat- the girls will probably have a favorite place

Comment

Number 6 near the Royal Paradise has very good Thai food
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

A lot of people like a 'nosh' in the Paradise complex

Comment

I like both Chiang Rai and Nr. 1 close to C&D

Comment

(Snick @ Jul. 08 2009,07:40) 99 Seafood Restaurant, Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee, is just one of a bunch of open-air seafood restaurants opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel.
                That must be the Patong Seafood Court (?)

Next to breathing, and chasing LOS skirt   , seafood is the 3rd most important aspect of my vacation time.    (Actually tied for 3rd w/ )
                Looking forward to Phuket in October. Restaurant reviews will follow. 

Comment

I also like the Islander which has some good farang food and daily specials like Roast Lamb etc.

Eaten at Chiang Rai many times especially back in the days of C&D in tiger complex.

No 6 is also good.

Comment

(Ozzie @ Aug. 24 2009,06:52) I also like the Islander which has some good farang food and daily specials like Roast Lamb etc.

Eaten at Chiang Rai many times especially back in the days of C&D in tiger complex.

No 6 is also good.
                    I know that more than a few BMs rate No.6 quite highly.
                    I had dinner there twice and in both occasions I got a dodgy gut... should be renamed No.2 IMHO....
                    http://thenonpcblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Guys,

There is restuaurant call No 6. ABout across road from tai pan (on rat u thit rd). it is not the best romance place but i like food threre is nice. serveing not very big but delicious.

also, one upper class restautrantn in jungceyon. expensive but yummi. it in the middle across from the new macdonald.

Seahag of the beach road is yummi too. but i forget where street off beach road it in. just walk along beacj road on shops side and look in every street on side...it can be see by black sign (i think) and have a pink writing on sign. staff fantastic food more nice too. i love the grillled squid they have - bout 350 baht but very nyce.

one time my thai girlfrind make me have 30 baht noodle from outside.........oh my stumach hurt.....i like tha pankake from outside with egg and the milk condenserd....yummy :-)

Comment

Did you even read the thread before posting ?

The 3 restaurants you named have all been mentioned before, and as for "one upper class restautrantn in jungceyon" could you be any less precise ? there are at least 6 restaurants in jungleceyon not counting fast food places.
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

It's hard to beat the deft cooking at The Sea Hag, but I know another place that's right up there in kitchen skill and atmosphere -
                          Pan Yaah at 249 Prabaramee Rd., located 1.5 KM from Patong Novotel on the Beach Rd to Kamala.

This is a quick taxi or tuktuk ride, but a little too far to walk from most of Patong.
                          Beautiful location on the Northside shore of Patong Bay, awesome views through huge open air windows, and classic Thai cooking centered on fantastic seafood.
                          Incredible whole fish. Awesome garlic mussel appetizer.

Call ahead to book one of the window tables. 076-290450-1
                          On separate occasions my ladyboy dates kept commenting how romantic it is. But it's mainly a great place for some serious seafood.

a couple pics of Pan Yaah.
                          http://thailand.menulog.com/pan_yaah...aurant/gallery

Comment

There's a food court down Soi Tun (on the south side of Bangla Rd.) where Mengrai Seafood has a stall.

Dont let the unexceptional look of Soi Tun deter you. Push on toward the far end and you'll be rewarded with exceptional local cooking at bargain prices.

Mengrai's fish and prawns have been fresh and perfectly cooked on every visit.

Comment

here is chiang rai...
                              Attached Files

Comment

another 2 pics....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X