Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found Nick to be the perfect host and good company for a drink and a chat.

Sad to hear the news.

Cheers
    Koykaeng
    Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Sad news indeed...he looked just fine 3 months ago
      all the ladyboys i know laughs when we have sex.....no matter what book they read

Comment

RIP Nick. He was one of the nicest people I've met during my times in Thailand. I have only good memories of him.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Ning Nong, Jimbo and Ivor. I am sorry for the loss of your friend! Mixing an Irish toast into my condolences to you as I am sure that Nick was in Heaven thirty minutes before the devil even knew he was dead! Rest in Peace Nick and my condolences to his family and friends.

Johnny
          Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

Had a call from Ning Nong before. Nick is now down at the temple across from Loma Park in Patong and the cremation is to take place on Sunday- timings yet to be confirmed.
            I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Very sad news...you meet a man so far away from your own home,you spend sometime with him you get quite close to him because of his friendliness like he knew you many years before and sudenly you find out that he is gone...rest in peace Nick

Comment

Very sorry to hear this.

Nick welcomed all and sundry back in the old bar - even a Yank such as myself. I'll miss seeing him around Jimbo'splace.

RIP Nick

And condolences to Ning Nong and the rest of his friends and Phuket family.

Comment

Just back from Nick's funeral service- Ning Nong did him proud. About 50 people turned up including most of the ladies. A bit strange through western eyes with drinks, crisps etc being passed out, pictures taken and all around lack of solemnity but that's how I'd like to go as well. It was a 5-monker, with dancing girls a bit of Thai drama and all the bells and whisltes. Head monk seemed very impressed with his new umbrella! Turns out it would have been Nick's 61st birthday on Wednesday. Cremation is tomorrow morning at 1130.

Here's to you Nick, wherever you may be  
                  Attached Files
                  I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

Thanks Ivor for the update
                    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Just curious, do we know what Nick died of? I know it was in his sleep, the way we all probably want to go... tho not at 61, poor guy. I'm not trying to be nosy, I'm close to his age, I always assume it's the heart since a couple of my friends have gone like this already.

Love the pic, great way to remember him..... on the water.

Comment

(Ivor Biggun @ Oct. 09 2010,21:59) Just back from Nick's funeral service- Ning Nong did him proud. About 50 people turned up including most of the ladies. A bit strange through western eyes with drinks, crisps etc being passed out, pictures taken and all around lack of solemnity but that's how I'd like to go as well. It was a 5-monker, with dancing girls a bit of Thai drama and all the bells and whisltes. Head monk seemed very impressed with his new umbrella! Turns out it would have been Nick's 61st birthday on Wednesday. Cremation is tomorrow morning at 1130.

Here's to you Nick, wherever you may be  
                        Thanks Ivor ... I really appreciate you keeping us informed.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Ivor, Thank you for the information. It is always sad to lose a friend and I am sorry for all of his friends.
                          Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

Tom send me the link for the newspaper

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/de...9363&display=1

again sorry to see him go

Comment

PHUKET: The final service for Nick Jackson €“ well-known for founding the popular Katoeys R Us bar in Patong, and more recently for his game fishing tours off Phuket €“ will be held at the temple across from Loma Park in Patong tomorrow morning.

Mr Jackson passed away in his sleep sometime last Friday night or Saturday morning, a family member told the Gazette.

Although he had been suffering a fever in the days before his death, Mr Jackson€™s passing came unexpectedly as he was known for being healthy and lived an active lifestyle.

He was to celebrate his 61st birthday on Wednesday.

In his homeland Australia, Mr Jackson was well known for building Blackfin boats. He also had run restaurants on the Gold Coast and bars on Hamilton Island in Queensland.

After moving to Phuket nearly 12 years ago, he opened the famed cabaret restaurant Cocktails & Dreams, then went on to run successful bars in the Tiger complex on Soi Bangla.

In recent years, Mr Jackson became better known on the island as €œCaptain Nick€, operating game-fishing charters off Phuket.

€œNick was such a good-hearted man, a bigger than life person who will sadly be missed by loved ones and family in Australia €“ Amanda, and sons Sam, Trent and Drew €“ and in Phuket by Ning Nong, Sunny and Nong,€ said one family member.

€œHis kind nature helped everyone, and on his birthdays, on October 6, he would raise money to support the Sarnelli House orphanage [for children affected or infected by HIV and Aids],€ he added.

Friends are welcome to attend the final service tomorrow and are asked to arrive around 11am.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Oct. 03 2010,05:06) I am so shocked....

Nick was a good host but more than that i considered him a friend.

RIP Nick You will be missed
                                > >If this ( information ) is indeed correct, we would also be very shocked! Our sympathies to all, ..He will be missed, But Not Forgetten!

We always enjoyed seeing him both in Phuket and Pattaya ! ...
                                Pattaya Obsessions
                                Email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X