Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eva Air Business Class

Anyone tried?

They have some flights in August which seem quite good value, and wanted to know what other BM's thought of their service?
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

I always fly them KL, from east coast of , last trip this past april flew business class, a full one K cheaper then than now, going back myself in August, gonna fly elite and on waiting list for business class, was told by girl in rservations that it looked good, and she would call me back with confirmation, costs around 1700 U>S>, and 80K in miles for the upgrade, food and service excellent IMHO, plenty of entertainment choices
    too, Kevin
    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

I flew it 8 times last year and 3 times this year from London. Cost around £1400 to £1700 from memory. so obviously I am happy with the service. The seat doesn't go completely flat like Virgin Upper or BA Club but if you fiddle with the controls you can get a good angle and sleep. Food is fine and you can pre-order from a larger menu online. TV is good, not as big a selection of movies as Virgin but sufficient.

Comment

Can't afford
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

I fly EVA out of SFO all the time so can't comment on UK flights but the one thing I can say about them...They are on time...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(katoeylover @ May 30 2008,02:55) They have some flights in August which seem quite good value, and wanted to know what other BM's thought of their service?
            In August?   You are doing well.  EVA have recently been one of the most expensive on the route we know so well.

What is 'good value' KL?  The UK-LOS flight cost in Business Class is getting prohibitive (even at our local BKK travel agent).

To answer your question, I have flown EVA numerous times, in Elite (Premium Economy) and a couple of times in Business.  They are using the 777 from LHR, which is a great plane (and one that can make up time on route ...  for the usually late departure from LHR!!)
            TT

Comment

Most air fares took an eye watering jump on May 1st.

Overwhelmed by the pix of the new Ezy Bar and really pissed off with work, I thought of treating myself to a long weekend in June. But Emirates are asking £500-600 for Economy Class Dubai-BKK!

Mind you, you can get cheaper. A friend of mine works at Emirates and he was telling me they have a whole team that constantly analyses the bookings and sets the prices accordingly. That insanely high figure, although it isn't even full peak season, is based on flying out on Thursday night and returning Sunday evening, when demand is highest among people like me who want to go for a weekend.

If you're willing to fly at non-peak times of the week, like fly out on a Tuesday come back on a Wednesday, it could be as much as £200 less.

Comment

£1500 r/t for the last 2 weeks of August, from Westeast travel.

Comment

(kahuna @ May 30 2008,09:44) They are on time...
                  Not in the UK. The 9.30pm flight has been 2 hours late for the last three years...diabolical but cheaper than BA

I told a guy a month ago that to ignore the board as it always takes off at 11. Low and behold it did..

I bet you a chicken madras that the plane wont take off on time...

Comment

Booked today for the 15-27th august. good price as well for a direct flight

Comment

Flying eva october but not buisness class, flying economy, did have a mad moment before booking and contemplated paying with mastercard , £1000 more for buisness class and couldnot bring myself to pay that as i didn't have the cash. MAIN THING FOR ME IS I'M GOING TO LOS.
                      One day i will fly b/class but not for a long time lol
                      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

hey KL,
                        i've flown EVA from LAX>TPE>BKK biz class 6 times from 2005-2008. the first time it cost me $3100 usd, almost 40% lower than the competitors at the time. by the 5th trip i was paying $4200! not quite such a good deal. but the 6th time was free from the miles i earned on the first 5 roundtrips. a nice net reduction of about 16% (6 flights for the price of 5). (note, you get additional miles by going online to pre-book seats and especially meals, and i *highly* recommend you do so for meals as they offer a great additional selection of choices, *not* available in-flight otherwise.)

the service has *always* been exemplary. the food excellent. the lounges in lax, tpe and bkk (all included for free while flying biz class) were all quite enjoyable and relaxing and they have (knock on wood) always been on time!

the only two downsides are the layover in taipei (about 2-4 hours, depending, but not that terrible considering the lounge is large and full of food and drink and free computers and video games...) and the fact that the seats do NOT go far enough back to let me sleep soundly. they've ceased 'first class' service on my route (i don't know about other routes) and only fly their 'laurel' i.e., biz class, so NONE of their seats go horizontal. but, if that's not a problem, i can readily and highly recommend.

even though next time i'll probably fly thai air since they now have a non-stop lax-bkk that i have to check out...

enjoy. and hope to see you there...maybe in december?

Comment

yes - will be there 28 december for a few days.

Comment

Got bumped to Bus class on the way over last week. fantastic , the steak was a bit small and only one potato but all is forgiven as the flight was great...

Massive seats , plenty of room, nice sexy taiwan hostess ....and plenty of smiles

And i didnt even use the air miles... thats six times i have been upgraded without A miles. twice to the old first class which was 6000 pound return in them days ( i think thats gone now, its just prem laurel)

Comment

(katoeylover @ May 31 2008,17:00)

yes - will be there 28 december for a few days.
                              I arrive on the 30th..so hopefully see you there!
                              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X