Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not a reliable way to travel, mate.

I tried it once and ended up getting toad...  

Comment

(Beavis @ Aug. 02 2008,19:54) Either pre-book a taxi or take your chances with one outside the terminal - there are advocates of both methods. If it's your first trip, you might want the security (and less hassle) of pre-booking. I was given the name of Mr Toom on another board. I used him on my first trip (and subsequent ones) and never been let down yet. Contact him by email at [email protected].
      Another vote for Mister Toom. He's never let me down.

1200 baht to Pattaya, flat fare, including tolls. Plus, his drivers go quickly but safely - no heart attacks.

Plus, they know the road really well. One time there was a huge tailback - a gravel truck had overturned up ahead. The driver went up the hard shoulder a little way, turned off, did a few tricky back doubles and came out about 200 yards past the accident with the road ahead completely clear. Brilliant!

Plus, they know Pattaya, so there's no driving round in circles looking for your hotel.

Comment

I have to meet a friend at the airport. Anyone know a Pattaya based driver who can do the roundtrip at a reasonable cost?

Comment

+1 for Mr Toom
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Aug. 03 2008,02:37) I have to meet a friend at the airport. Anyone know a Pattaya based driver who can do the roundtrip at a reasonable cost?
            I used Bell travel on my last trip. They pick you up at the airport and bring to your hotel.

Then they collect you at your hotel and bring you to the airport.

It is so good and so cheap that for me it is a winner every time.

The beautiful girl waits for you at the airport and brings you straight on to the bus.

The only reason not to use Bell is if you are arriving during the night, then you will have to wait until morning for the bus.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll probably take the 7PM Bell Bus to the airport to meet my friend and then take a cab or car back to Pattaya.

But if the car is traveling from Pattaya anyway I'm thinking maybe they can take me along for the ride. The added benefit to the driver is he is guaranteed to get paid while I'm sure that on a 1 way airport trip there are times when the customer never shows up.

Comment

If you book a Taxi round trip from Pattaya where the guy is guaranteed a return run, you should get a much better price.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                X