Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard from Apple lately, I've emailed her a couple of times to confirm my booking for next wednesday without reply which is very unusual for her? Even left a message on her MSN Messenger. I hope she is ok. Can anyone in country atm give her a call to see how she is?

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

I am surprised she has not answered you. I saw her about 3 weeks ago and she seemed fine and in good spirits. I also think Texasmac has been in touch with her recently and she will fetch him when he arrives on the 28th. Perhaps she has had another head issue. I do know her head aches come suddenly, unannounced and can be quite severe. Try her again. If you do not here back from her by Tuesday then she is down.

I know we all like the security and comfort of Apple or her surrogate meeting us at Swampy however it is not a problem to get a taxi to Pattaya from the airport. And it will probably cost you less.

Comment

Hey Steff, have sent her another email & IM this morning, will wait and see. I'm only going into town that first nite to the Majestic Suites then on the Bells Bus to Pattaya the next afternoon.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

Then forget about Apple if you are only going in to BKK. Go up to the arrival level and go out to where you see taxis dropping off people. There will be many cabbies bidding for your fare. You can easily get a cab to your Hotel for 400 to 500 baht.

Comment

You know, I used to do that too at the old Don Muang airport, but the line moves very quickly & efficiently at the downstairs level even when there is sizable group. Only if there was a really large crowd then I think I would head up to departure level.

Hope she's ok, arranged for a pick up with her for myself this time.

Comment

I hope she is ok also as she is my mode of trasnportation on the 28yh.
              TEXASMAC

Comment

Just got an email reply from Apple, she of course didn't mention that anything was wrong. Said her uncle will take care of me. I use Apple's service as I don't want the hassle of the Bangkok cabs, yes it may cost a little extra (about 100b more than the cab) but hey she is a nice lady and I like to support her when I can.

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

(Steff @ Jan. 20 2011,06:45)
                  Then forget about Apple if you are only going in to BKK. Go up to the arrival level and go out to where you see taxis dropping off people. There will be many cabbies bidding for your fare. You can easily get a cab to your Hotel for 400 to 500 baht.
                  I am sure many cabs would love to get 400-500b for a ride downtown as on the meter it runs about 300b all in.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

I've allowed for the tolls. At 300 they usually ask for you to pay the tolls or they avoid the motorway. That's been my experience.

Comment

'300 all in' means everything. But the taxi drivers never stop trying it on. Once they have had someone pay, that's it, they want it everytime.
                      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Going to Sukhumvit, taxis at the arrival queue use their meter and then add 50 baht extra, so this combined with tolls will be about 300 baht. No need to go to departures.

Every time I land BKK and go to the departure level, I tell them "meter, OK?" and 90% agree. Then again, I tell them the Thai word for "meter". It's "meter".     An occasional one says no and I just ask the next taxi. Fare on meter is about 200 baht and I pay the tolls. The savings is the 50 baht surcharge at arrivals (and I get to pick the taxi I want).  If you arrive after 1am, then there are usually very few taxis up at departure level.

And going to Pattaya, I always just say "1000, ok?" Some want to go, some don't, but it never takes me more than 3 inquiries to find someone who wants to go.  Using Apple is not that much more expensive in the grand scheme of things and you do get the benefit of a driver who doesn't go 140km/hour! But a safer ride means a 20 min delay in being in Sweet May's ass or a 20 min delay in having a beer with PigDogg (I hope I never get these two mixed up)  

And finally, it is a good idea not to speak to ANYONE inside or outside BKK airport (with the exception of the taxi driver or the official tax counter outside level 1). Anyone who comes up and talks to you or offers you something is a tout.

Comment

... a "tout", haven't heard that description used before..
                          .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Used Apple's service again this trip, a positive melee at Thai Immigration upon arrival, got to Door 3 an hour and a half late, and there was her driver waiting patiently, (or in a daze), great service, also bck to bkk from Patts, arrived right on time, pricey but with no drama or worries for the customer makes the extra baht well worth it.
                            Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

(EyeMahk @ Jan. 20 2011,09:45) Going to Sukhumvit, taxis at the arrival queue use their meter and then add 50 baht extra, so this combined with tolls will be about 300 baht. No need to go to departures.

Every time I land BKK and go to the departure level, I tell them "meter, OK?" and 90% agree. Then again, I tell them the Thai word for "meter". It's "meter".     An occasional one says no and I just ask the next taxi. Fare on meter is about 200 baht and I pay the tolls. The savings is the 50 baht surcharge at arrivals (and I get to pick the taxi I want).  If you arrive after 1am, then there are usually very few taxis up at departure level.
                              Slightly off topic to Apple, but related to what I wrote above ...

A week ago, I landed about 22:30 and went up to departures (as I wrote above). Hardly any taxis dropping people off, a couple waiting and demanding "no meter". I even stuck around for a few minutes but it was the same story. Asked a few to go to Sukhumvit and all wanted big monee. Weird.

Went back down to the ground level and got a taxi from the 50 baht surcharge queue. Fare was 207 baht to Guess Bar.

So I hereby rescind my advice from earlier. For now.

Comment

Working...
                              X