Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The house is coming along and they are living inside it full time now. The land for the house is Ems and she owns some of the rice fields. Also she has a few chickens and cows, plus some dogs. The house is right on the main corner coming into town and has room for parking so it seems they are thing of having a store and/or restaurant. There is one other person that opened a store in their house but it is in a bad location.
    A picture of the closest market to the village. Some pretty sad markets pop up out here.

DSC00044.jpgDSC00047.jpgDSC00050.jpgDSC00055.jpgDSC00061.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working around the house and looking over to what the neighbour is doing.
      DSC00119.jpgDSC00124.jpgDSC00130.jpg
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Another M120 Isaan festival

So now we go to another M120 Isaan festival. This one is right in Buriram city so much bigger than the one I went to last time.
        On the way in I was hassled by some guy who called me American and said he was in the Army too! Trying to shake my hand and act pretty tough, he was looking for a fight. My GF dragged me out of trouble, watch out it is not like Bangkok and Pattaya here. Thai guys can and will call you out. Anyway later on we were waiting for the show to start and sitting on the ground. A fight broke out along the side. Everyone started running for their lives. My GF said run, so i did, i think they were scared of weapons or a bomb. Not sure what goes on around there but a good reminder to watch my ass.
        People go crazy for these shows and I recognize alot of the people from television as well. That lady on the sign at the top of the stage is some kind of superstar in Thailand, everyone just went wild for her.

DSC00064.jpgDSC00065.jpgDSC00077.jpg
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Here is Em and her brother as we go into the festival. They give a free bottle of M120 when you go in and nobody else wanted theirs so i had like 5.

Finally here i get you a picture of 4 Buriram ladyboys with the brother.
          Like I say there is lots of hot girls and ladyboys at these type of events in the rural areas like this.
          DSC00073.jpgDSC00080.jpg
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

On a Saturday night we went and checked out the bar scene in Buriram. Em's ladyboy friend and her boyfriend came along. There is a fairly large area of clubs and bars. There is pool clubs and beer bars plus sports bars. Speed Music hall seemed to be popular and one of the bigger places. Not sure if it is disco or live music club. Knowing Issan it is probably live music. Anyway there is groups of girls and ladyboys milling around outside in certain areas that look like working groups. Also a group of dudes in rasta hats all out beside another club. I guess this is where you come on Saturday night for all your vices.
            DSC00088.jpgDSC00089.jpg

We went to this huge Karaoke place the biggest i have ever seen.
            €œVictoria€ Karaoke&Snooker
            The karaoke screen was 3 stories high.

Anyway we went to a great club called TA WAN DAENG, it is an institution there. There was a line up to get in and it seemed like the place to be. My falang status seemed to get us through the line up. As i said before it was very odd to see many falangs around anywhere. So to get in for 4 people was 1000 baht which included a bottle of Johnny Walker. This was a pretty good deal. This club was great with an Issan rock band that everyone just loved. There was probably 800 people in there rocking out.
            I noticed the only other falang in there and he noticed me and came over to chat. He was from Canada too and lived not far from me, quite a coincidence. He was with two really cute girls who he said just came up to him in the bar and asked to party with him. Sounds great. Super fun night out in Issan.
            Here is some video from TA WAN DAENG, the band when i was there was more rock but still Issan country.

More here:

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The new house is starting to feel more comfortable.

DSC00096.jpgDSC00100.jpgDSC00101.jpg
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

We flew back to Bangkok from Buriram I am still impressed how cheap the flight is.
                We buy her a ticket at the window no problem.

Stayed a night at the Bayoike Sky Hotel and got and upgrade which was fine. The hotel is in too busy an area.
                Had a quick tour of the Silom - Patpong area, as I had never seen.
                It was handy to buy a few tshirts in the Pratunam Market.

Also got an upgrade on the way back to Vancouver

DSC00168.jpgDSC00171.jpgDSC00265.jpgDSC00296.jpgDSC00297.jpg
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

So back again in 2009, a glutton for punishment. This is where is really started going wrong or weird.
                  I take the PB Air deal out there again. This time i use the transport at the airport because Dad was gone with the truck or something. I was surprised he was able to find the village with only one phone call.

I didn't want to stay at the Vong Thong Hotel anymore, I am not suprised to hear it was closed not long after.
                  Em's ladyboy friend recommended a small hotel which after one night I wanted out, it had a balcony anyway.

Out to Tha Dee - Village number Ten. The house is really doing well there is ceramic flooring and more furniture.
                  Work is going full force on the house.
                  DSC00570.jpgDSC00575.jpgDSC00578.jpgDSC00579.jpgDSC00678.jpgDSC00690.jpg
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

As I said I needed a better place to stay so we went to the best hotel in town:
                    The Thepnakorn Hotel.
                    139 Moo 3 Tambol E-Sarn, Muang District, Buriram Province, Thailand 31000
                    This place is still thriving in 2014 but as I said before it appears a Best Western and an Amari resort have opened nearby now.

This hotel has pretty much everything, but is is not very Central it is out on one of the highways.
                    It is located right next to a police station wan courhouse so there is a lot of cops around usually.
                    I guess that means this hotel is safe. This sht eh place for big weddings and parties. There is a snooker club, karaoke club, pool with spa and massage club.
                    There is also a karaoke club and karaoke cottages which I have never seen before. These are private little houses with karaoke setup plus a few couches for private parties.
                    I wondered if these cottages doubled as short time rooms for the massage club. The room was the best in town for sure and had a nice big soft bed. I was just quite dated.
                    The internet didn't work in the room so I had to go down to the lobby for internet which was full of dated furniture and a cheesy lounge.

DSC00698.jpgDSC00699.jpgDSC00703.jpgDSC00705.jpgDSC00948.jpgDSC00973.jpg
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Restaurant, Clubs and stuff.
                      They had free buffet breakfast with the room which actually wasn't bad, never tried the restaurant otherwise.
                      The pool was really big but freezing cold, I never imagined I would freeze my ass off in a pool in Thailand.

DSC00701.jpgDSC00951.JPGDSC00953.jpg
                      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I found it funny in the lobby that they had the clocks with time from all over. However the time all all the clocks was wrong, so Thai. The Rotary Club of Buriram met at this hotel, never thought they had that club here.

My GF is really getting dark skinned living out here on the farm. She is also getting alot of muscle definition from working more manual labour. In Pattaya she was soft and taking hormones. We had some fights that she didn't want to take them anymore.

DSC00696.jpgDSC00706.jpgDSC00709.jpg
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Restaurants in Buriram

A good place to eat is BAMBOO BAR. It is in the center of Buriram city near the entertainment district, and has great Thai and international food. I guess it goes with out saying all these places are ladyboy friendly as I am always with a LB
                          They have the famous wall of Heineken and Chang cans.
                          14/13 Romburi Rd, Nai Mueang, Buriram
                          You can maybe see what got me in the door.
                          DSC00796.jpgDSC00795.jpgDSC00794.jpgDSC00793.jpg
                          Vinyl Cafe I guess is now closed but this was one of my favourite places. Really good food of all kinds and nice and quiet with good tunes . It was a little out of the way but in a beautiful spot, probably why it is not open? They made real coffee here which is one of the main reasons i went here. You cannot find real brewed coffee in this town it is only instant.
                          Anyway I guess this guy was a trained chef that owned vinyl cafe, which makes sense. Apparently he has started a chain of Kabob places in Buriram.

DSC00817.jpgDSC00833.jpgDSC00834.jpgDSC00840.jpg
                          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

No coffee!

A very good restaurant we always went to for breakfast was:
                            Books & Bed
                            Address: 524/13 Jira Road, Nai Mueang Buriram.
                            Not far from the bus station.
                            I stopped going here after i discovered Vinyl cafe for breaky.

So as I said there is no places serving real brewed coffee and most people here haven't even heard of such a thing.
                            I went to Big C on the last visit here and found a drip coffee maker. However when i went to the coffee section they had a huge wall of 900 kinds of instant coffee but no ground coffee or beans at all. They have the machine but no bean!
                            So finally i bring beans on this trip and get coffee mate and sugar so I am set, just like home in the rice patties.
                            Attached Files
                            www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

The best places in Buriram to eat dinner is the Thai Barbeque places.
                              We at there all the time but I am not sure why i don't have any pictures of them.
                              There is a good one behind the Thepnakorn hotel. The best ones were out on Jira road past Big C and Makro.
                              The Red sauce is to die for. You can eat alot for cheap.
                              Most have karaoke or entertainment. Being a Farang i got harassed to sing Elvis and the Eagles.
                              Thais just love the Eagles, i swear Hotel California is the most popular song in Thailand.
                              images (1).jpgthaiBBQ.jpg
                              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Crag, loving your continuing reports on your Buriram adventures with your lb girlfriend. Reminds me of my visits to Uthai Thani with my lb gf, not quite as big as Buriram though! Does the Canadian flag get you into a restaurant every time? Don't see many Canadian flags in LOS.

Work has been keeping me busy lately, but I have a week break now, so can catch up a bit on posting.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                                Membership Levels
                                The Rookie Thread
                                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                                X