Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re yellow cabs, In BKK the metered cabs are either a yellow/green combo or a red/blue combo.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ April 23 2005,07:11)
      Re yellow cabs, In BKK the metered cabs are either a yellow/green combo or a red/blue combo.
      That's true for the most part, but there are some new 'Yellow' cabs and even some orange and 'all green' ones now!

Originally posted by
      Just tell me where to get that ATS cell phone to call Noon and I'm set!
      PM me and I can either meet you or it will be waiting for you at your hotel when you check in...

Comment

The last time I was in lOS I was on my way to Pattaya after spending some time in BKK. I hailed a cab off the street and told him I wanted to go to ekamai as I had intended taking the bus. He asked where I was going and told him then asked if he would take me. I told him 1,000 baht no more and he hemmed and hawed then he agreed. I paid the tolls and for a some water when he stopped and gave him I think 100 baht tip. for a little over 1,100 baht I made it in a little less than two hours-it was worth it! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

Comment

Update... The bus fare (from Ekkamai to Pattaya) has gone up to 101 Baht! (That's up from 90!)

If your budget can stretch to a cab then 'just do it!' The buses (even the a/c ones) are fucking horrible!

Comment

Stay at the Dynasty in bkk for one night , the catch the free mini bus to Dynasty in Pattaya and stay for 2 nights minimum. Cannot get a better deal than that!

rex

Comment

Originally posted by (rextcy @ May 11 2005,17:03)
              Stay at the Dynasty in bkk for one night , the catch the free mini bus to Dynasty in Pattaya and stay for 2 nights minimum. Cannot get a better deal than that!

rex
              That IS a great deal! A mate of mine just did that!

Comment

Good deal, but I would book no more than two nights.  Walking around Pattaya you may find a hotel that's more to your liking at a lower price.   If you were paying, I believe these minivans tend to run about 350 baht.

Comment

My flight gets me into Bkk very late at night. Is it best to have a car to pick me up and take me to Bangkok or just take a taxi?

Comment

Just take a cab, rides originating at the airport are an extra 50 baht on top of the meter; it's cheap.
                    Chat up the guys on the taxi queue; if you're going to the Nana area, they might be too and you can split the fare, happened to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X