Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy do I have some info for you lot1! I have just got back form bangkok and spent more than a few days looking at condos in Bangkok. A bit too tired to post details right now. I am close to making a deal for one 62 square meters for about 2.7 2.8 million thats about 44,000 baht/ square meter. Its a good location in Pratunam right off of Petchburi Road very near to Pantip Plaza-loads around that area. Some of the new "luxury" condos right around there going for upwards of 70,000 B/square meter and they all sold out already and it isnt even finished yet. We saw a nice one on Sukhimvit/soi 13 going up now for anywhere between 63,000-70,000/ square meter. very correct in picking a building with a decent mgt. company. I am certain you get more for your money in Pattaya but Bangers will probaly hold value better. bangkok is growing on me!!! I learned a LOT in my week of lookig for sure. Yeah you could get cheaper but what the hell is it that you want??? BE CAREFUL OUT THERE1!

Comment

That sounds not bad at all, Blue Blatz! The area is one of my favvy! Yes, I agree very much. You've to be extremely careful in Bangkok. getting to know well a bit about the "history" of the bulding, the management, whether it's an easy-to-get-flooded area, and so on....
      I also heard about these extra-luxury condos going like hot cakes and don't quite get it. I suspect lots of foreigners investors go for that. I know a number of rich Thai chinese people from Bangkok and they will never buy something like that. They all own wonderful villas in compounds outside Bangkok. I've been to their places and wow..it looks like Hollywood. A huge nicely made villa with a big garden and big car-park area and swimming pool it goes for 20 mil baht outthere (land price included) so for them it does make sense to get, at similar prices, 250 sq.mt at the 35th floor in the Bangkok jungle!
      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Because Thai - people always want to live in houses - not in apartments! This "living on the 20th floor with a view and no hassle with the garden" is very much a farang thing!
        I lived in a house and in an condo in BKK and I can tell you guys, even the most romantic Thai teakwood Jim Thompson style house, or one of those hollywoodesque villas you're talking of I would take for free. The Thais don't care, but I do - rats the size of a cat, spiders big like tarantulas and at least 3 different species of snakes (tree-snakes, little green ones and once a nice cobra on my terrace during the raining season in September.....) And there is NO chance to avoid them. You have a garden in BKK - you have animals - period!
        And now you know who's buying the Park Chidlom condos. Mainly expats, rich Indian, or wealthy Thais as a status symbol for their "mia noi".

re BB: Congratulation! Sounds like a great deal man! Nice area and you must live just next door to Natalie.....

MK
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (Mai-Kee @ July 27 2005,14:05)
          The Thais don't care, but I do - rats the size of a cat, spiders big like tarantulas and at least 3 different species of snakes (tree-snakes, little green ones and once a nice cobra on my terrace during the raining season in September.....) And there is NO chance to avoid them. You have a garden in BKK - you have animals - period!
          And now you know who's buying the Park Chidlom condos. Mainly expats, rich Indian, or wealthy Thais as a status symbol for their "mia noi".
          Yes! I'm sure about the animals
          Not my fancy for sure. I almost go bezerk for a cockroach!
          I was just saying my feelings about where locals like to live.
          What's a "mia noi" btw??
          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Mia noi = minor wife or mistress!!
            Wow Natalie lives in Pratunam??? Dont tell me that!! One of my creddos is, "Dont shit where you eat!!" thats OH so true!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by (Blue Ballz @ July 28 2005,02:19)
              Mia noi = minor wife or mistress!!
              Wow Natalie lives in Pratunam???  Dont tell me that!!  One of my creddos is, "Dont shit where you eat!!"  thats OH so true!!  BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
              I see...pretty expensive gift for a mistress uhu?
              Very much true your say! Chinese people are saying that =/=
              Having breakfast now...

Comment

Working...
              X