Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Condoms and Clean underwear (unless you like small condoms and bikini style underwear), all the rest you can buy here. During the day go to MBK (skytrain to National Stadium) you can buy everything there AND watch the 100s of cute girls and LB walk by.

for more touristy info take a look at, http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok

If you find a LB you like, keep her for a day and have her show you around town.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by
      we will fill up the bench seats at Cascades to watch the sharks attack the tender young seal.
      Put me down for a ticket for the front row

Snick. Take your video camera. This could be the AsianTS version of National Geographic!!
      Mister Arse

Comment

I'm fine with that...Lol. Atleast i'll be among people with experience! You guy can be my senseis.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Aug. 27 2005,09:59)
          If it's a week to 10 days, then make it 10 days!  

Cut a week of classes and make it two weeks or eight!    
          you'll want to stay as long as you can once you're there... this will come up in your mind many times since you will be having the time of your life and will want to stay in Thailand as long as you can.

I would bring your ATM card, 2 or more Credit cards with high limits (Amex), and some cash... $1000 to $2000US.

Comment

Your USA ATM cards work fine here, and you get a better rate than Cash or Travellers Check.

Before arriving it is important to study up on important Thai phrases.
            I Love You = Give Me Money
            You Good Heart = Give Me Money
            I Wait For You = I Want More Money
            You Hansum Man = Give Me Money
            Where You From = who cares, bar fine me and give me money
            Who Do You Like ? = Pick Me or I'll chew your ear off.
            No Problem = Do What I Say
            Up To You = who cares, just give me money
            Lets go shopping = Lets go shopping (you pay)

Comment

BTW...How many of you guys live in town? Seems like quite a few.

Comment

What a fuckin buzz thats gonna be for you man. Especially if you run into your avatar on the first night.
                                          I am actually i bit worried about this trip, make sure you check in here after,so we know that you got out alive!

When she walks, she’s like a samba
                That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 27 2005,13:11)
                  Your USA ATM cards work fine here, and you get a better rate than Cash or Travellers Check.
                  Are you sure about this Snick?

I was under the impression that their are many hidden fees.
                  So if you have let's say a Shittybank Visa card linked to your checking, there night be a 1% service fee from Shittybank and a 1% service fee from Visa.

The banks make it very difficult to find out exactly what these charges are. I'm pretty good with numbers and I still doon't have a handle on it.

As afr as cash, it's a good idea to bring new biolls, the moneychangers sometimes don't like old ones.

Don't buy low denomination travelers checks as there's some kind of fee per check.

I'd advise most first timers to tell the girls they've been here five times already but I guess that won't work if you're 19. But the good news is maybe you'll get some freebies!

Comment

I'm talking about a normal ATM, not a credit or debit card. I try and avoid using those, mostly because of the risk of your card getting cloned.

I use a Citibank ATM and the crazy thing is there is NO Fee, don't know why - just thankful it is so.

My other ATM charges a flat $1, but it does that in the USA too.

As for the exchange rate, ATM is definetly the best. Cash is the worse and travellers checks are a pain.

Comment

No fee, Shitibank must like your pics!

One downside of ATM or debits cards is that if your account is wiped out through fraud, it's your problem.  Credit cards you're only liable for 50 bucks. But creditcards really bite the moose in that there's typically a 3% cash advance surcharge. And you can't get around that by prepaying your creditcard.

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Aug. 27 2005,06:31)
                        I'm talking about a normal ATM, not a credit or debit card.
                        I use a Citibank ATM and the crazy thing is there is NO Fee, don't know why - just thankful it is so.
                        Are you talking about something like this?
                        Citibank ATM

or what about this, this is what i carry...
                        US Bank Card

Comment

stopped by the bamk this morning, a very small bank with only a few branches to ask a few questions. the lady tried to be helpful, but told me some things that later proved wrong.

she was unaware that mastercard card charged 1% of non-dollar transactions. in all afirness there exchange rate for today compared favorably withthe rate on yahoo, and that counts for something i suppose.

to find out mastercarrd's policy call 1-800-622-7747.

but mastercard is just one piece of th puzzle. other pieces:
                          percentage if any charged by your bank
                          atm fee charged by your bank
                          atm fee charged by thaibank

if you are using an atm or debit card the big risk is someone wiping out your account is they got your pin by some electronc scam.

so perhaps the best thing is to link your atm/debit card to ING and only transfer money to your debit card when you're going to use it.

ING is offering 25 bucks for FREE for opening an account. you can do it with one dollar, no brainer.
                          they can do this cause even tough some like me signed up to get the 25 buck bonus, the 3.3% interest rate, no minimum, no commitment is quite attractive. you can alsways shift the money to your non-ING account via the ineternet though funds may take a couple of days to arrive.

if anyone wants a link to get the free 25 bucks just PM me.

now imagine how many people would sign up for ING if the bonus was instead an all nighter till noon with a 21 year old girl or ladyboy! But that's what 25 bucks gets you in Pattaya. Of couse you could use the money for two shortimes instead!

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Aug. 27 2005,20:42)
                            No fee, Shitibank must like your pics!

One downside of ATM or debits cards is that if your account is wiped out through fraud, it's your problem.  Credit cards you're only liable for 50 bucks.  But creditcards really bite the moose in that there's typically a 3% cash advance surcharge. And you can't get around that by prepaying your creditcard.
                            Your right about that... if they were to some how clone your ATM card and got your PIN you€™re pretty much fucked.... but with credit cards you're well protected form fraud. My Master Card number was recently stolen online and 'they' were trying to use it. I had no idea until I was contacted by Master Card who told me that my card has been compromised and a new card was being sent to me. They did replace that card and I never had to pay for any of the fraud charges that were over $5000.

Around where I live there was a brilliant ATM card scam recently busted... it was brilliant because it was so simple!

They would pay off some night time gas station attendant who would allow them to replace the legitimate ATM debit card terminal in the gas bar... you would buy gas and come in to pay with your ATM debit card... when you swiped the card this 'dummy' terminal would read your card number and store it and then you would punch in your PIN number... there you go you just gave them everything they needed to rob your account... The terminal was connected to a laptop computer under the counter that would phone out to the crooks your PIN and card info... they would then make a clone card and hit your account twice in one night... 5 minutes before midnight and right again after midnight... this way they can take up to your limit TWICE at one time. As for the gas you bought they would put cash into the till to cover that cost so the owners of the station would not know anything... the fake ATM terminal would be removed by morning again so the owner of the gas bar would not know. Best advice here is don't use your ATM card at gas bars or small shops where there is only one or 2 people working... it's OK to use at banks, large stores.

Comment

I need an alternate to ATM/Debit cards then, as I have only one credit card and it has a low limit of $500.00. I've already tried to increase my limit, but my credit is still too new. My bank card is a visa check card, so purchases in the form of credit are protected by visa, but you have to use it as debit at the atm. So far this is the most confusing part of plannig my trip...

PIGDOGG! DID YOU GET MY PM ASKING ABOUT ING?

Comment

As I was looking for info on traveling and money I found some stuff:

Visa® TravelMoney Card

* Easy way to access your money in local currencies when traveling worldwide
                                * Accepted at millions of locations that accept Visa debit cards and more than 870,000 Visa® ATMs
                                * Cardholders are entitled to:
                                o AAA Global Advantage Service*
                                o Visa Purchase Security*
                                o Visa Emergency Assistance Service*
                                o Visa Zero Liability Protection*
                                * PIN number protected with a password of your choice
                                * Reloadable online or by phone from anywhere in the world
                                * If lost or stolen, it can be replaced
                                * Purchase online or by phone toll-free at 866-339-3378, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. €“ 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. €“ 3 p.m., EST
                                * Card life is 24 months, there is a $1.25 monthly maintenance fee after 12 months of inactivity

Fees
                                * The minimum card load is $250, the minimum order is $300, maximum order $1,500
                                * There is an activation fee of $4.95.
                                * Reloads are $250 minimum by calling (866) 339 3378 or online at www.aaa.com/prepaid cards.
                                * A second card can be taken for a fee of $2.00
                                * Card cash out fee is $15
                                * Orders over $500 receive free 2-day delivery, upgrades to next-day and priority overnight are available for additional cost.
                                * Orders under $500 pay $7.00 for 2-day delivery, upgrades to next-day and priority overnight are available for additional cost.
                                * Card life is 24 months, an optional monthly statement can be ordered for $0.50 per month, Inquiries by phone are $0.50 each, there is a $1.25 monthly maintenance fee after 12 months of inactivity. No fee for ATM balance inquiries.
                                * Online balance inquiries are free at www.aaa.com/prepaidcards
                                * Cash advance fee (in-bank) $10, $350 limit per advance
                                * ATM withdrawals in the US are subject to daily and weekly maximum amounts of $350 a day and $850 a week, maximum international withdrawal $2000 per 24 hour period.
                                * ATM withdrawal fee: Domestic: $2.50 International: $2.00
                                * Reload fee: Free (maximum of 3 reloads per card life)
                                Travelex

Does this sound like a good altenative to carrying my normal atm/debit card?

Also:
                                Thai Visa ATM Locator

-Grim

Comment

Working...
                                X