X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Road Runner!
    I think I know, which bar you mean. It's called Check Inn 99. It's a bit like the Huntsman, but not as upmarket. They also have nice food and a filipina band, which play good music.

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 02 2006,13:57) When you say "nice" are talking about classy or trendy/hip? I am not aware of any drinking establishments near Nana that fit the bill if thats what you're looking for.
      Your a tough judge DP. Arn't you getting your baht from the Thai Tourist Authority anymore. By the way when r u getting your butt down here to let me show you what hospitilaty, filth and debauchery really are

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jun. 03 2006,07:26)
        (flikflooi @ Jun. 02 2006,16:23) By nice I just mean a place where they will be comfortable and you can drink your beer in peace.I'm not looking for anything fancy.Well, I guess the lady you take could also tell you where she will like to hang out.I will check out those places you have mentioned, thanks.

I just don't want to end up in a noisy joint and then waist my time there.Maybe I'm trying to hard to plan everything again, but I did a few stupid things in the past.Like getting robbed on Beach Road in Pattaya.

Cheers!!
        Did anyone else read this robbed part  
        Its Pattaya...what did you expect???
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(vangough05 @ Jun. 05 2006,08:42)
          (dummy_plug @ Jun. 02 2006,13:57) When you say "nice" are talking about classy or trendy/hip? I am not aware of any drinking establishments near Nana that fit the bill if thats what you're looking for.
          Your a tough judge DP. Arn't you getting your baht from the Thai Tourist Authority anymore. By the way when r u getting your butt down here to let me show you what hospitilaty, filth and debauchery really are
          August 27th. "I'm never coming back" - HA!
          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(mcqueen @ Jun. 05 2006,02:05) Hello Road Runner!
            I think I know, which bar you mean. It's called Check Inn 99. It's a bit like the Huntsman, but not as upmarket. They also have nice food and a filipina band, which play good music.
            Hello Mcqueen,

Thanks that is the one - I'm bleedin' awful at remembering names

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Jun. 03 2006,07:11)
              (hotrex25 @ Jun. 02 2006,09:02) Try the Bed Supper Club on soi 11 Suk....a trendy white building 100 metres on the right past the Grand President......

Dress your ladyboy up in heels and black mini and watch her EXPLODE after a couple of
              Baccardi Breezers..........
              Hello Hotrex25,

The Bed Supper Club  -  do you mean that thing that looks like a flattened toilet roll on stilts?  Wasn't it called somethng like B52 before?

If your ladyboy 'EXPLODES' won't she make a mess  

Hello Flikflooi,

As Stogie says  -  the girls are mostly pretty well 'clued-up' about the places to go in Bangkok.

I like Zanzibar myself  -  but there are many many other places.

If you want to play pool head back down Soi 4 away from Sukumwit to the Swan pool bar.

Round the corner from NEP in Sukumwit you have the Huntsman bar under the Landmark Hotel.  The band is normally a very good Filipina outfit - but the beers are overpriced in my opinion.

The other side of the road is quite a good bar next to Tony Roma's (don't remember the name) you can't miss it though cause it's all lit up in blue flourescent.

My recent favourite was found by 'Herself' and is called  the Absolute 7 bar  Absolute 7 Bar  They have live music - and the band are good - pool tables - and the prices are OK.
              It's in Soi 7/1  -  about 5 minues walk from NEP.

RR.
              Yep , thats it Roadrunner.........

the flattened White Toilet Roll on stilts........

soi ii Suk, i was supposed to meet Ozzie and Monkeyman there one night....

But they told me it was called Nacaasis DUHHHHH

bloody dumb aussies.........

Bed Supper Club.........

we should Asian TS reuinon one night at BIG DOgs and then invade the Bed Supper Club with the hottest looking ladyboys in Bkk...........

and watch those Dunb ass falang girls look in awe of ladyboy ass and boobs .........

and if they only knew what we did with their cocks.........

rex

Comment

Hello Hotrex25,

Yes now I read your post I think it was called the Narcisuss several months ago.

I'm pretty sure before that it was called B52.

Seems to change it's name every year or two

Like the plan 10 or 20 ladyboys in there would be fun

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

If we're talking about the same place, it's still called Narcissus, at least it was when I went there with Jane in early April. At 1,000 baht cover per person, I don't think I'll be going back. But whoever owns that place is making a killing, the place was fucking packed!

Comment

Excuse me Gentlemen, but you get things all mixed up, talking about the clubs. You are really confusing any newbie reading this.
                    So, to get things straight:
                    Bed supper club, is the one in Sukhumvit Soi 11, yes you could say, it looks like a flatened white toilet paper roll, or some UFO from outer space, whatever.
                    If you walk a few meters on from there, you get to Q-Bar, which i also in Soi 11.
                    Narcissus, is a completely different club, I think it's in Sukhumvit Soi 23, usually has a lot of luxury cars parked in it's parking space and the music is mostly techno/trance stuff, unfortunately no house music there. Especially on it's annual birthday partys or x-mas partys, this club is absolutely packed with people. Many LBs from Nana go there.
                    My tip for people, who would like to take a nice LB out for dancing would be the Tapaz room club in Silom Soi 4 (no, Soi 4 is not completely gay, stupid!). This is probably the best club in Bangkok for house music. It has two floors and in each one you will find some nice sofas, couches, with pillows, so before or after dancing you can sit down comfortably with your LB. The dancing action is mostly just happening on the upper floor, where they also have an additional percussion player, next to the DJ. The upper floor gets quite full on Fridays and Saturdays, so a good arrival time would be 23.00
                    Admission is only 100 Baht, no drink included. Prices for drinks are reasonable for a dancing club in Thailand.
                    All the LBs I have taken there so far, really liked the place and the music and had great fun dancing. I would advise you though, to bring an LB already with you, even though I have seen some real stunners there already, but sometimes there is also not a single LB around. Almost every time I went there, the opposite of what I needed happened: Everytime I went there alone, to maybe look for a nice LB, there was not a single one around. Almost all the other times, when I went there with an LB, that I had barfined before, I saw some real stunners there. One night, I was there with an LB from Obsession bar and guess who was there, all by themself: Lusi Mustang and thee Mint! And to make it even worse: nobody was talking to them! There were so many foreign guys in there, but no one seemed to be really interested in the two, so they had to dance with each other. I could have kicked myself that night for bringing an LB already with me. One other time, I was with a different LB, also from Obsession and that night I saw an incredible LB, with such a beautiful face, very passable and she was there in the company of a gay thai friend, but it was obvious, that he was just a friend, not her lover, as he tried to give me the eye several times. She looked sooo beautiful and elegant in her moves. But that night I was with one of my favourites, so at least I didn't feel like kicking myself again.
                    Tapaz room club is the first one on the left hand side, after you have passed the police ID check, in Silom Soi 4. Oh yes, they usually check the peoples ID, so make sure, your LB is 21 years old, or she might not get into the Soi. The older, more experienced LBs know this club for sure, I think it was Annie from Obsession, who brought me there first, some years ago.
                    Have fun!
                    If anybody knows of any other good clubs for dancing, please report them here sometime! Thank you!

Comment

LOL... big confusion about the clubs here....  
                      Now here are also my 5 cents:
                      !. Never go to Dome, Bed, Q-Bar, Mystique or Narcissus with the Nana hookers - unless that's exactly what you want - as their fees will rise quicker than the oil price these days. (And it's like bringing sand to the beach as those places are full of pro's - although not so many LB's - anyway)
                      2. The joints around Rachada are always a good choice.
                      3. I had the best experiences when I told them to chose the place. Most of the girls took me to sensational Isaan beergarden in the middle of nowwhere (long cab ride - but it's worth it!). No farang at all, Isaan live bands on stage, hotter than hell Issan food, draught Chang beer and no one gave a shit about fucking closing hours! Can't get any more Thai - can't get any better!!!

MK
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Hello Mai-Kee!
                        Could you please tell me, where the "Dome" club is? Any more info about that one? What kind of music?
                        Cheers Mcqueen

Comment

(Mai-Kee @ Jun. 06 2006,23:42) Most of the girls took me to sensational Isaan beergarden in the middle of nowwhere (long cab ride - but it's worth it!). No farang at all, Isaan live bands on stage, hotter than hell Issan food, draught Chang beer and no one gave a shit about fucking closing hours! Can't get any more Thai - can't get any better!!!
                          Hello Mai-Kee,

The place is called  Tawan Daeng  ('red sun' in Isaan dialect).  Tawan Daeng

It's at the far end of New Petchaburi Road  -  actually just in Pattanakarn Road (484 Pattanakarn Road, Bangkok 10250).
                          Its about 5 minutes from our apartment  -  which I can assure you is not  'in the middle of nowhere'  

Unfortunately while they did use to close when they felt like it  -  they recently have been closing a the set time  -  which in their case is 2 am.

The resident band is bloody brilliant    
                          Some of the top stars in Thailand sing there Friday and Saturday nights.

Entrance is free and the food and beer is cheaper than any bar round Nana.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Thanks RR, been looking for something more relaxed and not so pretentious. Having lived in Isaan I also love the food and music and the people are really friendly and warm to foreigners much better than your average Bangkokian. Let me know if your going again around the end of August, I'll be there for another 4-6 month stay. Nice to see some Thai culture in Bangkok.

Comment

I'd love to tag along too, see something different than your overpriced discos. Personally, after having done it so many times, going to a club with a working girl isn't all that and a bag of chips...you'll see why in my trip reports haha!

Comment

Working...
                              X