X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(mardhi @ Dec. 16 2006,10:36) Deep vein Thrombosis
    Mardi, do u attribute this to one very long flight where the seating was not comforatble?

Comment

I liked Cathay Pacific
      They have the best food....they feed you several times and if its not enough they will get you more during the flight.

Of course the bastards lost all my bags going from Hong Kong direct to BKK, just how the hell you do that for 5 days
      Really hurt my first trip to LOS this past summer
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(kahuna @ Dec. 16 2006,03:55) Not only that, but from SFO they're considerably less expensive than any other airline...I recently booked on EVA for $777 usd when all the other airlines wanted $1100 to $1400 usd....
        Damn kahuna!We've probably been on the same flight before &never knew it!!!

Comment

(newcomer @ Dec. 14 2006,16:39) Hi Guys,

For all you guys that travel thousands of miles every year heading to the delights in LOs I thought you may have some interest in this website I found. It covers all the airlines of the world, rating them in economy class right through to Business and First Class. For those who like a little extra comfort the description of flat beds in business class was very helpful.

Best Airline in 2006 - British Airways
          Best Airport 2006 - Changi Singapore

Great reading for the travel buffs!

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/index.htm
          Not sure how BA even got in the running my experience of them is appaulling, in economy & business class, there service or lack of it is rubbish in compariuson to so many others & once they have your money you are forgotten. I would fly with an Asian airline against them any day.
          Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Dec. 16 2006,05:00)
            (mdavidsf @ Dec. 16 2006,00:38) No mention anywhere of EVA?

Best experience flying for 47 years!Always a great flight in all areas!!!
            Look more closely - "A 4 Star airline"

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/BR.htm
            I agree this airline is grossely underated & in my opinion ranks amoungst my top 5 ever flown. They are easily in there with TG & Singapore Airlines.
            Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

I tend to ask about the refurb state of the aircraft interior to make my choice

eg in my recent Brazil trip, BKK-London business class with TG was on one of their old 747's, so the seats were poor, entertainment system average. TAP into and out of Brazil was all modern seats and entertainment, same on the Europe-BKK return flight on TG

This makes the difference for me, not the cabin staff.....they are smiley, friendly people
              Mister Arse

Comment

(mardhi @ Dec. 17 2006,01:36) Amazing but true - I used to do many two legs flights (in & back) in a day and would often be away for 300 nights a year in hotels.    made great news for frequent flyer miles and exploring many hotel restaurants on company expenses but finally took it's toll when I got Deep vein Thrombosis and had to stop doing that kind of schedule.

Cheers
                Mardhi
                Wow..I do not envy mardhi!
                Very tough thing to do. It was fun for me flying around until some 10-12 years ago. Now's only more and more boring and tiring!
                And I got the same trombofilic blood problem as you do
                Well..Cheers since we have something in common a part for LBs interests
                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Dec. 17 2006,01:01)
                  (mardhi @ Dec. 16 2006,10:36) Deep vein Thrombosis
                  Mardi, do u attribute this to one very long flight where the seating was not comforatble?
                  No strangely enough it was a 12 hour overnight flight where I was in first class and on a completely flat bed - only problem is I managed to sleep 9 hours solid and that was the cause of it, as I got the clot diagnosed 3 days after landing.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Dec. 18 2006,23:34) only problem is I managed to sleep 9 hours solid and that was the cause of it, as I got the clot diagnosed 3 days after landing.
                    Exactly! And you got lucky as much as I did. If a trombo goes straight to your lungs..good bye BKK and planet earth!
                    Never sleep like a stone on a plane for more than a couple of hours!
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X