Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(mardhi @ Dec. 29 2006,20:58) "former owner"???   You mean Mr D has gone?       Thats news to me - always a nice guy to have a chat with.   Never knew he was into LB's but for sure its not a LB friendly bar anymore.

Cheers
    Mardhi
    Seriously, I never ever had problems going there with a lb and also saw many times some of our famous models there, was it Areeya, or Jeje, or Mickey.... but probably that all has changed within the last year...??
    Whatever, maybe 3 or 4 years ago I had a sensational experience at this club. I was in the middle of the dancefloor, which's always fun as you're literally surrounded by girls, a lot of them are very cute freelancers (waiting to be taken home for the usual 1500). Totally opposite to clubs in the west, where 5 clowns dancing around one cute girl. Anyway, it's all rubbing and sweating and smiling.... and suddenly one of the girls was approaching from behind, holding my hips, moving to the rythm, but I felt something different, quite a nice surprise, as there was certainly no pistol in her pocket..... LOL
    Well, we ended up just around the corner in the Penthouse hotel - another major advantage of this club as the st is just 2 min. away, although I usually stay at the Presiden Solitaire I prefer to take the hookers st (my own neurotic thing... ) Anyway, she was a cute freelancing lb, horny as hell - just perfect!
    I prefer Q Bar to the Bed as the interiour is just more laid back - and for me a club has to be dark. Also the Bed is Thai owned and I'm not keen anymore of getting too close to the Ferrari driving Thai kids. Anyway, Q Bar is a great club with fine music, cute chicks to look at (or more if you're into gg's), the occasional lb - and then also more the classy ones, a chilling lounge on the first floor with a good selection of Havanas and for sure the best drinks in whole LOS!!! I really can't ask for more!

MK
    PS: No, I didn't mean David... nuff said!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.
      I sum up everything below. If you have further infos, please post in this thread so that we can update the list.

LB-Friendly:
      Astra (RCA)
      Bed Supper Club
      Flix (RCA)
      Glow
      Hollywood (RCA)
      Narcissus
      Route 66 (RCA)
      Slim (RCA)
      Spasso
      Tapaz room Club (Silom Soi 4, Friday/Saturday)
      Twilo

Not LB-Friendly:

Q-Bar

Information still missing, or unclear:

Barsu (formerly Rivas)

High popularity from lbs:
      Bed Supper Club
      Hollywood
      Tapaz room Club (on Friday/Saturday)

Comment

(Mai-Kee @ Dec. 30 2006,03:08)
        (justbob @ Dec. 29 2006,01:13) My problem in BKK is just finding a decent place to dance at all.  I went to Q Bar and they played the most boring house type music and no one danced.  I went to the disco at Nana hotel and they played that Techno bullshit and only a 19 year old would want to dance to.   I like the modern top 40 type stuff or even the older disco but that droning techno or house crap they seem to play everywhere is not for me.  I don't care what the place is like you find a place with decent dance music I would love to know the name.  We have had some fun in Patpong at Kings Corner.
        Justbob
        Have been uncounted times at the Q-Bar with lb's, or met them there. Never had any problems, nor heard of any. The former owner himself was a lot into lb's. There might be some problems if you bring the raunchy streethooker to that place.
        Music was always excellent house, drum&base electronic/ dance - same as in the Bed - and never ever experienced this club without anybody dancing....    When have you been there? At 9pm??
        If you like older disco sound go to Spassos - it's a bit lame but a classic ( I for myself hate this music and especially when it's played by life-bands) and top 40 hits are for the radio (so that you have a button to switch em off) .... but taste is a matter of luck....  

MK
        Ouch.  I was always so proud of my taste in dance music.  Only time we were at Q-bar was March 2006.  Got to admit it was around 10:00 pm.  The music was boring and while the place was full and we had to sit upstairs, no one was dancing.  I was there with my wife so we were really there to dance.  We drank our free cover charge drinks and left.  Maybe we didn't stay long enough.  Truth is we are bar people so we would probably fit in better in a bar that had a dance floor than a dance club.  Then again maybe we are just old.  We do agree on one thing though.   I also hate life-bands.
        Justbob

Comment

are there any places that play indie music in bkk, eg doves, kooks hardfi, tho i suppose Lbs wouldnt go in for this type of music, and at the end of the day thats the reason im going to meet lbs, not listen or dance to music i could do in the uk/oz, but would still be good to know, cheers

Comment

Try the clubs at Khao Sarn Rd.

MK

Comment

cheers Mai-kee
              do you find many Lbs down that way at all, do you know?
              cheers

Comment

Sure, that's LOS, they're all over!

Comment

Working...
                X